Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

ast 10 strikeouts.Hes one of the best pitchers in baseball, especi

in Archenbewohner 22.08.2019 06:56
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

When Kim Pegula and her husband, Terry, purchased the Buffalo Bills in 2014, she became one of a handful of female owners in the NFL. The Pegulas also own the Buffalo Sabres.We talked to Kim about her perspective on the challenges women face in a male-dominated industry, and what women can do to position themselves for future inclusion and success. We also asked her about the Bills?hiring of Kathryn Smith, who is the first full-time female coach in the NFL.This interview has been edited for length.espnW: What are some of the challenges youve faced being a woman in the male-dominated sports ownership world? Are you treated any differently than your husband?Kim Pegula: Football is itself is so male-dominated because all of the scouts, coaches and even the general manager played football, so theyve been around it all of their lives. Its hard coming into an organization when, as a female, you dont have that experience. Thats the hardest part for me. The business side of things came easier. And I was pleasantly surprised, coming into the NFL, to see quite a few women involved either at the league level or higher up, or even just ownership.As for Terry and I, all of the other owners and the league itself treat us both equally. They encourage me to be more active and to get involved in committees. [Laughs] Actually, they ask me more than they ask Terry.espnW: Is there a pipeline of women for coaching roles??KP: I dont know of a pipeline offhand, but I think the NFL and every team is a little bit more conscious now because of Jen Welter being the first assistant coach for Arizona, and now with Kathryn [Smith] being hired here in Buffalo. I think theres more awareness of that now.When Rex brought up hiring Kathryn, we said, OK. Not because she was a female, but because she already had the knowledge and the experience, and she was a good fit. She put herself in a position to advance, and Rex wasnt afraid to go that way. I think were going to see more of that as the league continues to evolve.Kathryn just seemed like the obvious choice. It didnt dawn on me, because as far as I was concerned, Rex was hiring her because she was the best qualified and someone he thought would be the best fit for the job -- not because she was a woman. But then my phone started blowing up and thats when I realized that, yeah, she was a female coach and the first official one. And its great. Shes handling it like a champ and thats all we can ask of her.espnW: Will the recent Rooney Rule announcement help elevate women in coaching roles (as opposed to front-office roles)? How can women get into more operational roles?KP: I think the Rooney Rule is great because in sports, we get stuck in the tradition of what weve always done. So, the Rooney Rule made people open up to diversity. I do think it will help. But at the end of the day, its about production. Those types of initiatives are great for opening doors, but its going to be up the individual to produce and maintain those positions.Like any industry, its about networking and who you know and putting yourself into situations where you can create an opportunity. The more women can do to build experience and a skill set in a particular area, the better their chances. I dont think it does anyone any good just to hire someone because they are a female. They have to have the qualifications and skill set to substantiate the hire, and make the gender a non-factor -- thats the best thing women can do.espnW: Whats the biggest thing holding women back in the NFL, in team offices, at the league level, or in coaching?KP: I think its lack of experience. Women dont have the same access to experience as men do growing up. Theres flag football for girls, or you hear a story about a girl playing youth football, but in general we dont have the experience to qualify us to get in the coaching door or top-level management. Its going to be hard to climb that ladder because of that. I cant speak for Kathryn, but she took advantage of her opportunities, focused on a particular area, and she knows her football. It didnt happen overnight for her.Do I think were going to have a female head coach someday? Its going to take a while to get to that point.espnW: Is the state of women in the NFL on your radar, or something you think about? If so, what kind of difference do you try to make in your day-to-day life?KP: From a league perspective, the female market is a growing one. As a business, you are always focused on where your growth is and where you can have the biggest impact. I think the league and every team is looking to grow that market and sustain it.As far as saying, Hey, this is what I want to do for women, and thats my calling card, I have not focused on that because Im still so new to this. But I do think its important. Theres a lot more access now that allows women to get involved in sports that we didnt have back when I was growing up. Sonny Jurgensen Womens Jersey . Coach Mike Munchak says Fokou stretched ligaments in his left knee Oct. 13 against Seattle, which could keep out up to five weeks even though the linebacker didnt need surgery. Derrius Guice Womens Jersey .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. https://www.redskinssportsgoods.com/Womens-Terry-Mclaurin-Inverted-Jersey/ .com) - The red-hot Los Angeles Kings will try to extend their winning streak to a season-high seven games when they visit the Edmonton Oilers for Sundays clash at Rexall Place. Sean Taylor Redskins Jersey . The third-ranked Ivanovic, who won the event in 2008 and 10, served five aces and broke Wickmayer, also a former winner in 2009, five times. "The result looked easier than it really was," Ivanovic said. Terry McLaurin Redskins Jersey . Halifax beat the Saint John Sea Dogs 7-5 on the strength of two goals apiece from Nikolaj Ehlers, Matt Murphy and Brent Andrews. Jonathan Drouin also scored and had three assists while Zachary Fucale made 17 saves for the Mooseheads (16-8-0), who led 6-1 after two periods. WASHINGTON -- After working out of the bullpen the last month, Baltimores Ubaldo Jimenez was given a spot start Thursday night against Washington Nationals ace Max Scherzer.He held up his end of the matchup.Jimenez surrendered just one run over six innings, but Scherzer allowed only two hits in eight innings and the Nationals tacked on three late runs against the Orioles bullpen for a 4-0 victory.With Chris Tillman on the disabled list with right shoulder bursitis, Jimenez stepped in and gave Baltimore a chance to sweep the four-game home-and-home set, allowing five hits and striking out four batters without a walk.He was great, manager Buck Showalter said. Almost took him out after the fifth, but he said he felt good and wanted to go there. We needed those six innings.Jimenez (5-11) made his last start on July 28 and since then has worked three times in relief. His only blemish Thursday night was Jayson Werths homer leading off the fourth.I was able to command the fastball, throw the breaking balls behind in the count, Jimenez said. So everything was good.Bryce Harpers two-run double capped a three-run eighth for Washington, one night after they struck for a five-run ninth.Were still having trouble pitching that last inning. Its been a challenge for us, Showalter said. Ubaldo kept us in the game. Theres a game there to be won if we can keep it at 1-0.Scherzer (14-7) struck out 10 and did not walk a batter. He retired 12 straight after Adam Joness fourth-inning double and 21 of 22 before Mark Trumbos leadoff single in the eighth.Daniel Murphys RBI double in the eighth came before Harpers second hit helped Washington pull away.The Nationals had lost four straight including three in a row to the Orioles, who won twice in Baltimore before the teams shifted to Washington.Trumbo stole second base with two outs in the eighth, but J.J. Hardy flied out to deep center field on Scherzers 95th and final pitch. Mark Melancon allowed one hit in the ninth.ddddddddddddGood series for us, Jones said. We took it to a good team. Tonight they took it to us, but I think overall it was a good series.Scherzer won his second straight start, but was far more dominant than in each of his two previous outings when he allowed eight runs and struck out nine.The right-hander retired the first nine batters and struck out two in each of the first three innings. Scherzer recorded his 47th game -- 11th this season -- with at least 10 strikeouts.Hes one of the best pitchers in baseball, especially attacking the strike zone, getting strike one, Jones said. And once he gets two strikes he knows how to put you away.Scherzer helped his own cause defensively in the fifth without seeing the ball. With his back facing home plate, Scherzer fielded a comebacker hit by Jonathan Schoop between his legs and threw him out at first base.After Jones was left stranded, Werth hammered the first pitch of the fourth over the wall in center field for his 17th homer.Harper singled in the fourth and stole his 18th base, matching his career-high.SUFFERING AGAINST SCHERZERManny Machado went hitless in four at-bats and 0 for 3 against Scherzer, falling to 1 of 18 all-time in the head-to-head matchup. Machado struck out with Jones on third and one out in the fourth.TRAINERS ROOMOrioles: Jones left after eight innings with a hamstring cramp, but said hell be in the lineup Friday night against the Yankees. ... Showalter said Tillman will throw on flat ground Monday or Tuesday.UP NEXTOrioles: Yovani Gallardo (4-5, 5.08) and Yankees RHP Luis Cessa (3-0, 4.01 ERA) open the three-game series in New York.Nationals: LHP Gio Gonzalez (8-9, 4.30) faces Rockies RHP Jeff Hoffman (0-1, 13.50) in the first of three games against Colorado. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 37 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen