Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

officials say that the quarterback will undergo internal

in Aushänge 07.11.2019 06:33
von ruogu1234 • 285 Beiträge

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Jameis Winston has been benched for the first half of Saturdays game against Clemson after making "offensive and vulgar" comments about women and Florida State officials say that the quarterback will undergo internal discipline. The decision was announced Wednesday in a joint statement by Florida State interim President Dr. Garnett S. Stokes and athletic director Stan Wilcox. Several students tweeted Winston stood on campus Tuesday and shouted a lascivious comment about female anatomy that may have derived from an internet meme. The president and AD said, "As the universitys most visible ambassadors, student-athletes at Florida State are expected to uphold at all times high standards of integrity and behaviour that reflect well upon themselves, their families, coaches, teammates, the Department of Athletics and Florida State University. Student-athletes are expected to act in a way that reflects dignity and respect for others." The 20-year-old Winston addressed his inappropriate comments before Wednesdays practice at his weekly press conference, saying: "I have to tone it down." The Heisman Trophy winner gave a statement in which he added, "I just want to apologize to my university, my coaches and my teammates. Im not a me person, but in that situation it was a selfish act. Thats not how you do things. I really want to apologize to my teammates because I have now made a selfish act for them." Winstons latest poor off-field decision comes when Florida State is under scrutiny. Florida State is currently under investigation by the Department of Education for the way it handles reports of sexual assault, including a case involving Winston. The investigation was prompted by a complaint from a FSU student who says Winston assaulted her in 2012. Florida State Attorney Willie Meggs declined to press charges against Winston last fall. A lawyer for the woman says the university is currently conducting its own investigation of that incident. Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher had said earlier Wednesday that the quarterback would be held accountable for his "derogatory" remarks. "Its not something we want or were indicative of and its not a good decision," Fisher said. "It was something that has to be addressed. "You cant make certain statements that are derogatory or inflammatory in any way toward any person, race, gender," said Fisher, whose top-ranked Seminoles host No. 22 Clemson on Saturday in an Atlantic Coast Conference showdown. "The statements in which you make are always going to be made more public than statements that other individuals make," the coach said. "And thats just the nature of the business of who you are and what you are. Thats the situation it is and you have to understand that." Winston is no stranger to unwanted attention. While playing for Florida State baseball team, he was suspended for three games and completed 20 hours of community service after acknowledging he stole $32 worth of crab legs from a local grocery store in April. He faced criticism nationwide and was the subject of taunts and jokes in print, online and on social media. Winston has had other run-ins with police since enrolling at Florida State. Police questioned Winston and other FSU players in November 2012 after 13 windows were broken at an apartment complex near Doak Campbell Stadium after an apparent BB gun battle. That same month, Winston and teammate Chris Casher were held at gunpoint by campus police for hunting squirrels. The two told police they were shooting squirrels with a pellet gun along a bike trail. Police were also called after a Burger King employee called to complain that Winston was stealing soda. Winston was not arrested in any of those three incidents. The Seminoles rolled over Clemson last season 51-14 en route to a national championship. Winston threw for 444 yards, three touchdowns and ran for another score in a game that put him in the drivers seat for the Heisman trophy. "I want to be out on the field with my team, but I did something, so I have to accept the consequences," Winston said. "Im going to apologize to my team. Were not going to think about that, because we dont think about negative things. Were going to think about moving forward and winning the game." Florida State sports information director Elliott Finebloom asked for football-related questions only after Winston read his statement. He did not allow Winston to answer three different questions during the nearly nine-minute session. The last time ended the press conference. Pittsburgh Penguins Gear .com) - Coming off a pair of tough losses last week, the Syracuse Orange will try to put an end to their first losing skid of the season when they pay a visit to the Maryland Terrapins at the Comcast Center on Monday night in Atlantic Coast Conference action. Custom Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys . LOUIS - The St. https://www.cheappenguinsjersey.com/ .5 million contract with the right-handed reliever. Ziegler revealed the agreement via Twitter, saying hes "really excited to stay in Arizona for a couple more years, at least. Penguins Jerseys China . Coaches are now allowed to challenge both called and potential defensive pass interference fouls under certain conditions. Stitched Penguins Jerseys . Notes on Bergeron, Marchand, Gorges, Vanek, Gaborik, Doughty, Hiller and more. BRUINS STORM BACK TO TAKE GAME TWO The Boston Bruins rallied from a 3-1 deficit, scoring four unanswered goals, to win Game Two, 5-3 over the Montreal Canadiens.Columbus, OH (SportsNetwork.com) - Jack Johnson scored the deciding goal in the ninth round of the shootout and Sergei Bobrovsky was stellar as the Columbus Blue Jackets ended a 13-game losing streak to the Chicago Blackhawks with a 3-2 victory on Saturday. The Blue Jackets seem to prefer playing more than the required 60 minutes as they went to their sixth straight beyond regulation (5-0-1). Each goaltender was perfect through four rounds before former Blackhawk Jeremy Morin beat Corey Crawford with a quick wrister. Andrew Shaw kept Chicago alive, however, as he snapped a shot over Bobrovskys glove.dddddddddddd Brandon Saad, the Blackhawks eighth shooter, had Bobrovsky beaten, but his shot rang off the left post. Johnson followed by dragging Crawford out of position with a slick backhand-forehand move and wristed the shot into an open net to put Columbus ahead. Bobrovsky stood tall and sealed the win by denying Bryan Bickells shot from the slot. The Blue Jackets defeated the Blackhawks for the first time since a 4-3 win on Feb. 18, 2011. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 8 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen