Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

nter-Reay said that the cars handled differently on Carb

in Die 100 09.08.2019 08:46
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

Chris Ashton has been told by Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall that he has made the wrong decision by signing a three-year contract with Toulon.Ashtons request to leave Allianz Park at the end of the season has been granted by the double winners, who have received compensation for releasing him with a year left to run on his deal.The 29-year-old is said to have grown disenchanted with life in the Aviva Premiership after this year serving bans totalling 23 weeks for biting and eye-gouging, while also realising any hope of adding to his 39 England caps has all but vanished.McCall believes his professional and personal development would have been better served by staying at Saracens, who last season replaced Toulon as European champions, rather than being lured away by the riches on offer on the Cote dAzur.Chris is almost 30 years old and this is probably a big opportunity to get a big contract, McCall said.I can understand his reasons with the international door, in his own eyes, seemingly shut. I do understand his reasons for going and its disappointing from our point of view.You can see that people will look elsewhere as they get towards the end of their careers -- probably not for rugby reasons. Thats understandable as people lose their international chances.But if youre asking me if its the right move from a rugby point of view to develop his game or develop him as a person -- its not. And I told him that, but he obviously doesnt think that.His game has come on leaps and bounds at this club. This is the right club for him to grow as a player and as a person. Its unfortunate that hes decided what hes decided.Its disappointing because we wouldnt have given him a two-year extension if we didnt think there was more in him and more value he can bring to the club. Hes brought a lot of value during his five years here.That value comes in the shape of 38 tries in 69 appearances for Saracens, a strike rate that identifies him as one of the great finishers in Premiership history and the most prolific in the clubs history.For England he crossed on 19 occasions and given they will only pick overseas-based players in exceptional circumstances, he is destined to not add to that number again.He returns from his latest disciplinary lapse on December 19 and has pledged to empty the tanks in pursuit of helping Saracens defend their Premiership and Champions Cup titles, despite his impending departure.To confirm, I will leave one of the greatest rugby clubs in the world at the end of this season. This was easily the hardest decision I have had to make [and Ive made a few], Ashton said.I feel the experience and opportunity to play in France and opportunity to live in France was too good to turn down.I owe a debt of thanks to the club and management but most of all the Saracens fans. They have always been superb - the best Ive played for.The focus remains on giving my all to Sarries for the remainder of the season. Kingsley Coman Jersey . They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Goodell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. Jan Kirchhoff Bayern Munich Jersey .com) - The red-hot Los Angeles Kings will try to extend their winning streak to a season-high seven games when they visit the Edmonton Oilers for Sundays clash at Rexall Place. http://www.soccerfcbayernshop.com/kids-mehdi-benatia-bayern-munich-jersey/ .ca. Kerry, Just watched the shootout in the Coyotes/Leafs game and I have to ask, why was the James van Riemsdyk goal allowed to count? All of the video replays we were shown on TV were inconclusive about whether the puck had entirely crossed the line or not. Sinan Kurt Bayern Munich Jersey . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Thiago Alcantara Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla.INDIANAPOLIS -- A year ago, fans at the Indianapolis 500 were searching for shade. This year, theyll be looking for some sun. Temperatures throughout May have been unseasonably cool at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and that hasnt changed during race weekend. Fans bundled up against the chill for the public drivers meeting Saturday -- even the drivers appeared to be shivering -- with more cool weather in store for Sunday. The forecast for race day is a high in the upper 60s, according to the National Weather Service, with a 40 per cent chance of rain. But it could be in the upper 50s when the green flag waves to start the "Greatest Spectacle in Racing," a huge departure from a year ago when most of the 235,000-plus fans were sweating things out. The temperature hit 91 degrees when Dario Franchitti crossed the finish line, just one degree shy of the race-day record of 92 set in 1937. It was also 91 on race day in 1919 and 1953. Many drivers believe the weather this year will produce more speed, but its unclear whether it will benefit Honda engines or Chevrolets -- or maybe just make everyone faster. "I think cooler temperatures and lower humidity definitely helps the engines in general," said James Hinchcliffe, whose Andretti Autosport team has been fast all month with Chevrolet power. Defending series champion Ryaan Hunter-Reay said that the cars handled differently on Carb Day on Friday, when drivers had their final practice, than they did during warmer qualifying days.dddddddddddd Franchitti said that the colder temperatures might also produce a more competitive race. "The way this car drafts, the big bulky bodywork, that also lends itself to close racing," the defending race-winner said. "The cold temperatures might help, as well." The only time it hasnt cracked 60 degrees on race day happened in 1992, when Al Unser Jr. held off Scott Goodyear by 0.043 seconds for the closest finish in Indianapolis 500 history. Rain has also played a role in several Indy 500s. Though the chance of precipitation is slim for the start of Sundays race, its expected to increase as the day wears on. Pole sitter Ed Carpenter said the cooler temperatures are a relief to drivers in part because of the heavy fire suits that they wear. When the mercury rises, so does the temperature in the cars, and those fire suits become hot, bulky and often soaked-through with sweat. "Mentally, it gets hard over 500 miles, especially if its a hot day," he said. "It looks like its going to be cool, but mentally this place will wear you down. Theres not much margin for error at this race track. One mistake can end your day." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 56 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen