Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

over senior Shock Linwood.

in Die 100 09.08.2019 08:46
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Caroline Wozniacki isnt just back playing tennis. Something important about her seems changed. And a lot of it was evident during her 6-0, 6-2 demolition of Latvias Anastasija Sevastova on Tuesday in a quarterfinal match that ended Sevastovas giant-killing run through the US Open.Wozniacki began by blitzing to wins in the first 10 games of a match that passed the 50-minute mark before Sevastova, who was fighting an ankle injury that required two visits from the trainer, won a solitary game.Even if I had no injury, it wouldve been tough to beat her. Caroline played great, Sevastova said.Referring to Wozniackis mere five unforced errors compared to the 30 she made, the 48th-ranked Sevastova added, I think she made no mistakes.Wozniacki moves into Thursdays semifinal round opposite Angelique Kerber, who could overtake Serena Williams for No. 1 in the world if she wins this tournament. Kerber will find that Wozniacki, whose ranking has plunged to No. 74 in part because of an ankle injury that forced her to miss three months this year (including the French Open), will not be an easy out. She looks nothing like the player who bombed out early at the Australian Open and Wimbledon earlier this year.Wozniackis game and attitude have more of a serrated edge now, and she says age and suffering some hard knocks have a lot to do with it. She used to be the best counterpuncher on tour, bar none. But against Sevastova -- and eight-seeded Madison Keys and Svetlana Kuznetsova in this tournament before that -- Wozniacki was the aggressor. She now comes forward more, cracking hard shots off both her forehand and backhand. She kept Sevastova pinned deep behind the baseline, often finishing her off with smashes, same as shed done against Keys in the previous round.Seeing it on TV is one thing, but I was feeling how deep shes hitting the ball and feeling like I cant get on the offense right away, Keys said after their match. Its totally different watching and playing.A lot of this feels different than when Wozniacki was the top-ranked player in the world for 67 weeks in 2010 and 2011. She didnt play this assertively or talk with the hint of swagger that occasionally slips out now. She constantly had her bona fides questioned then -- and even now, at age 26 -- because she still hasnt won a Grand Slam title. She made the final here in 2009 but lost to Kim Clijsters and was beaten by Williams in the title match two years ago.Until now, Wozniacki hadnt been back to a Slam semifinal since.Wozniacki will now admit her desire to hang onto the No. 1 ranking and the constant references to the lack of a Slam title wore on her, even if she tried to never let it show. She never got sharp or refused to answer the same question over and over, but she had a lot more of Clijsters in her than Williams, now a close friend but one of the most rapacious winners on tour.At times, Wozniacki seemed like shed succeeded Clijsters for the title of nicest player on tour -- which is a great thing to be as a human being but often has no application to dominating tournaments.So imagine the little ripple of surprise Wozniacki caused the other day after shed upset Keys -- playing some tennis that was almost as immaculate as her win over Sevastova -- and actually bragged a little, saying, I think it sucks for some of the other players to have to play me early in tournaments.On Tuesday, Wozniacki admitted she saw Sevastova slip and fall during their match. But she told herself to have no sympathy.I think I was just a little extra focused, Wozniacki said. I knew if she can still walk and still put weight on it and stuff, then shes obviously going to go more for her shots. ... I kept serving well and made her run.Sevastova looked nothing like the player who had knocked off French Open champ Garbine Muguruza earlier in the tournament. And Wozniacki looked nothing like the ball returner whose own father and coach, Piotr, has said used to be happy just to make a semifinal.The dream needs to be to win, Piotr told USA Today on Sunday.Consider it done, his daughter says.I think when youre a little kid and you dont know what anything really means, everybody knows what it means to be the best in the world, and everybody knows what it means to be No. 1, Wozniacki said Tuesday. That is something Im extremely proud of. ... I mean, how crazy is it to say that youre the best in the world at something? Doesnt matter if its tennis, football, being a lawyer.So bring on Kerber. Then the Williams-Simona Halep winner after that.I still believe and feel like Im one of the top players, and grinding my way back, Wozniacki said. Hopefully, I have two more matches here. Discount Fake Yeezy .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Fake Yeezys 2019 . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. http://www.fakeyeezystore.com/ . The formidable trio of Canadian receivers -- individually known as Chris Getzlaf, Rob Bagg and Andy Fantuz -- will share the field at Mosaic Stadium one more time on Sunday. Fake Yeezy Boost Online . Self was acquired from the Buffalo Bandits in a trade for Alex Hill midway through last season, and made his debut in Rochester on March 16, 2013. Yeezy For Cheap . PAUL, Minn. West Virginia and Baylor both saw their Big 12 title hopes squashed by mid-November, but both still have plenty to play for in their regular season finale on Saturday afternoon in Morgantown, W. Va..Baylor (6-5, 3-5 Big 12), which has dropped five in a row since beginning the season with a 6-0 start that included an impressive 35-24 victory over Oklahoma State, could finish with a winning record for the seventh straight season by beating 14th-ranked Mountaineers. Thats something that has never been done before in school history.West Virginia (9-2, 6-2) can win 10 games for just the ninth time in school history. And if the Mountaineers can also pick up a victory in a bowl game, Dana Holgorsens squad would match the school record with an 11-win season. Not bad for a team picked to finish seventh in the Big 12s preseason media poll.If that isnt enough to get West Virginia fired up, theres this: 62-38. Thats the score of the Mountaineers loss to Baylor last year in Waco, Texas.We all know what this one means, defensive coordinator Tony Gibson told The Dominion Post. We know what Baylor brings. Weve had Dec. 3, 2016, marked down for a long time.Our kids will have a great week, and theyll be jacked up and hopefully our fans will come out and support those seniors who have done something weve never done -- six wins in the Big 12. We have a lot to be proud of in this team.Baylor comes in off an embarrassing 54-35 loss to a Texas Tech team that finished the season 5-7. Despite a nightmarish year that featured the firing of head coach Art Briles and a sexual assault scandal -- 17 women reported 19 sexual or physical assaults involving football players since 2011, including four gang rapes -- the school announced it still planned to play in a bowl game.Our intent, at this time, is to accept a bowl bid for our student-athletes who have worked so hard to earn it over the course of this season, Baylor athletic director Mack Rhoades said in a statement provided to ESPN. Our focus, as it has been throughout the season, is on our student-athletes and trying to finish strong against a great West Virginia team this weekend in Morgantown.Im very, very proud of our players who have remained loyal to Baylor. Theyve given me 100-plus reasons for hope in these difficult times, interim head coach Jim Grobe said.ddddddddddddThe 64-year-old Grobe announced on Monday that he will not return to coach after this season. SMUs Chad Morris is considered the frontrunner to take over.Honestly, football needs a fresh start, Grobe said. All the other sports here are in great shape right now, and I would expect the next coach to have football competing for championships in a hurry. Whoever gets this job is going to be very fortunate.Freshman quarterback Zach Smith, taking over for injured starter Seth Russell (ankle surgery), passed for 377 yards and three TDs against Texas Tech. Grobe said he improved significantly from his first start a week earlier against Kansas State. Smith will have to improve further for Baylor to win at West Virginia.Bears wide receiver KD Cannon has been a standout on an otherwise lackluster Baylor offense this season. He caught 12 passes for 132 yards and two TDs against Texas Tech. With one game left in the season, he needs 95 yards to reach 1,000 for the season.Sophomore Terence Williams took over the role as Baylors go-to running back this season. He leads the team in rushing by 133 yards over senior Shock Linwood. Williams needs 155 yards to reach 1,000 for the season.West Virginia comes in off an impressive 49-19 victory at Iowa State. With his top three tailbacks all out due to injury, Holgorsen decided to take the redshirt off true freshman Martell Pettaway in the 11th game of the season. Pettaway responded by rushing 30 times for 180 yards and a touchdown.We had no choice, Holgorsen said. If he was a selfish guy, he wouldnt have been on board with that. ... He took advantage of his opportunity.With Pettaway starring, quarterback Skyler Howard threw only 21 passes, completing 12 for an outrageous 330 yards. Thats an average of 27.5 yards per completion, and five of those went for TDs. Baylor is second in the conference in pass defense at 234.2 yards per game, but it was destroyed by Texas Techs Patrick Mahomes last week and could get shelled again by Howard on Saturday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 45 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen