Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

announces their Olympic roster three weeks from

in Archenbewohner 07.08.2019 08:22
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Padraig Harrington has been a staunch supporter of Olympic golf, and on the eve of the 72-hole mens tournament, he opined that a number of high-profile players who elected to skip the event will rue their decision.The players who are here couldnt be more positive and couldnt be enjoying it more, Harrington said Wednesday at the Olympic Golf Course, where golf returns Thursday after a 112-year absence. I sense, as well, the players at home are pretty quiet on social media. You sense that maybe some of them would like to be here. Certainly I think some of them would definitely like to be here and they are missing out.Theres no doubt they are missing out, thats for sure. You just dont know where this game is going to lead and where they will be in four years time or eight years time or whether golf will be in the Olympics in eight years time.I cant say its a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity because were obviously in the 2020 Games, but it may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a lot of people.The run-up to golfs return to the Olympics was filled with negativity; no sport saw more withdrawals among its players.The top four in the world -- Jason Day, Dustin Johnson, Jordan Spieth and Rory McIlroy -- all elected to skip the Games. Other big names such as Adam Scott, Charl Schwartzel, Louis Oosthuizen and Graeme McDowell also elected to stay home.Harrington, 45, got a spot when McIlroy, Shane Lowry and McDowell all elected not to play for Ireland. And he was thrilled at the prospect, having taken a role in pitching golf to the International Olympic Committee when it was being considered in 2009.Back then, Harrington was ranked seventh in the world; he is now 128th.I absolutely thought I would be here, he said. But thats the nature of sport, when youre at the top of your game, you dont believe its ever going to change. You think its going to last forever. Hindsight says thats not true.It would be interesting about the athletes who turned down coming here this time. Some of them might not get the opportunity again. Youd be surprised how it does change. For me, clearly this is the opportunity of a lifetime. I feel good about my golf and where Im at with my golf, logically, will I get another chance in 2020?So this is an awfully big deal that Ive got an opportunity, and Im keen to take it.Harringtons wife and two sons made the journey to Rio, and they plan to stay next week to take in other Olympic sports.All the golfers here, everybody here is loving it, he said. I dont think Ive seen as much interaction between the players. Like at a major, there wouldnt be interaction between the players at all. Everybody is really going about their business. Here were going about our business, but everybody is talking about what they have seen and whats been happening and what they went to. Scontate Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 Uomo/Donna Argento/Beige THL7C2-9399 . Laudrup revealed Thursday he was notified of his dismissal in "the briefest of letters which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary. Gel Kayano 20 Miglior Prezzo .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. http://www.scarpeonitsukatiger.it/ . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. Asics Gel Lyte III Donna . Q: Team Canada announces their Olympic roster three weeks from today. Who is general manager Steve Yzerman watching? LeBrun: Over the last 48 hours, hes taken in the home-and-home between the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche with Jamie Benn and Matt Duchene being the obvious targets. Aaron Asics|Uomo/Donna|Bianche/Blu H50XJ-0142 .ca NHL Power Rankings for the second straight week, ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche. WASHINGTON -- Game 2 of the NL Division Series between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Washington Nationals has been rained out.Saturdays game was postponed to 1:08 p.m. Sunday. The Dodgers lead 1-0 in the best-of-five matchup.The rain had already washed out batting practice at Nationals Park. Rich Hill had been scheduled to start for Los Angeles against Tanner Roark.Shortstop Danny Espinosa had been in the starting lineup for Washington, batting seventh after going 0 for 3 with three strikeouts in a Game 1 loss.dddddddddddd Asked why he continues to stick with Espinosa, Nationals manager Dusty Baker asked: Who else do I have?Bakers only lineup change had been catcher Jose Lobaton replacing Pedro Severino. The Dodgers were set to go with the same eight position players who started Friday in a 4-3 win. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 18 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen