Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

touchdown passes.Game Balls: On offense, Ab

in Archenbewohner 07.08.2019 08:22
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

Miko Grimes says what she is thinking, and once again the content of her Twitter account has set off a firestorm of criticism. This time, she used of the word Jew as an adjective and alleged that there is religious collusion in the Dolphins front office, prompting other NFL types to publicly call her out.Im certainly not here to defend her offensive wording. (And she later attempted to walk back the idea she intended to that language as a slur). Heres my issue: Shes in the sports section of the news because shes married to Buccaneers cornerback Brent Grimes. Too often shes used as a stand-in for all athlete spouses for those who claim they should all sit down and be quiet.Miko Grimes is an outlier when it comes to her speech, and she really shouldnt be looked to as a model athlete spouse. She visited us on ESPN Radios The Trifecta and said that she had been in attack mode with the Dolphins, who had cut her husband from the roster, and was looking forward to getting out of that mood. Clearly it hasnt happened yet.The NFL doesnt pay her; shes not a team employee. Like it or not, she can use her voice and suffer the consequences when she crosses the line. Men and women may be married, but theyre still their own people. You may hope that spouses support each other more in their endeavors, but expecting her to be fined or censured, or to say that she is an example of why spouses shouldnt speak -- is just silly.Other things on my mind this week:Jennifer Aniston blasted the ridiculous standards women are held to in an opinion piece for the Huffington Post on Tuesday.The objectification and scrutiny we put women through is absurd and disturbing, she wrote.So true!I was possibly the only woman of my generation who didnt watch Friends. I lived in New York when the show was airing and didnt own a TV, but the glimpses I caught didnt look like the NYC I knew. Still, there was no escaping Aniston or her haircut. I always appreciate it, however, when men and women can shine a light on the issues in their world.Thank goodness she used her platform to say some very important things about women and motherhood and tabloid journalism, such as this:Heres where I come out on this topic: We are complete with or without a mate, with or without a child. We get to decide for ourselves what is beautiful when it comes to our bodies. That decision is ours and ours alone. Lets make that decision for ourselves and for the young women in this world who look to us as examples.Again, yes!Then this week I was catching up on episodes of MTVs hilarious Ladylike (please watch one if you havent) and was repeatedly subjected to Aveenos Absolutely Ageless spot starring ... Aniston.My advice for looking younger, longer? Aniston asks.Its useless to expect humans to be perfectly consistent. Celebrities make money by endorsing products, and yes, this ad very clearly uses Anistons youthful appearance to sell night cream to crusty old broads like me. I want to embrace her message without feeling the urge to put goop on my face so that I look like her.Im beginning to fear that this story about Pokemon Go players at the Holocaust Museum may be all you need to know about our current culture. When a virtual world replaces the sanctity of a place in the real world, we should notice.Depositions that were unsealed this week alleged that Joe Paterno was aware of sexual abuse by Jerry Sandusky as far back as 1976. Paterno, who died in 2012, cant defend himself, but as more and more information emerges, theres no reason to discuss returning Paternos statue to the Penn State campus, writes Mike Jensen.Several people were arrested for threatening police officers via social media in the wake of the shootings in Dallas. Its important that speech online is considered real speech. And the man who sent this tweet had a point.? Chad Johnson will coach wide receivers for the Browns during training camp. Insert obligatory comment about, if the NFL really took domestic violence seriously, theyd see how discordant this is.A one-hour delay in the age of Twitter? Nancy Armour discusses how weird it is not to broadcast the Olympic opening ceremonies live.Did you read Sarah Spains That What She Said column?about athlete activism? You should. Terry McLaurin Redskins Jersey . On Saturday night, the normally free throw-challenged centre did just that. Howard scored 18 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, including 13 of 19 free throws in a 2 1/2-minute stretch, and the Houston Rockets beat the Denver Nuggets 122-111. Darrell Green Womens Jersey . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. http://www.redskinsrookiestore.com/Redskins-Earnest-Byner-Jersey/ . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. Sonny Jurgensen Womens Jersey . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. Terry McLaurin Jersey . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. (STATS) -- The Road to Frisco has taken on new meaning this year.Since the growing suburban city north of Dallas began hosting the FCS championship game in 2010, there have been six straight winners who never left home for a playoff game prior to the neutral-site final at Toyota Stadium.Not this year. Fourth-seeded James Madison (13-1) and unseeded Youngstown State (12-3) both won road games in the national semifinals this weekend while advancing to the championship game Jan. 7.YSUs win at Eastern Washington was its second road triumph.The two finalists have weathered the strongest conferences in the FCS -- YSU is from the Missouri Valley Football Conference and JMU is the CAA Football champ -- in addition to their tough playoff games.The championship game will mark their fifth meeting all-time, with Youngstown State holding a 3-1 series lead. They last met in the first round of the 2006 playoffs -- a 35-31 YSU win at home.James Madison, which slayed FCS dynasty North Dakota State, will be considered the favorite as it tries to add a second FCS title to the one it captured in 2004.Youngstown State has claimed five championships: 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997 and 1999.Heres a semifinal-round review:---=Saturday, Dec. 17Youngstown State 40, No. 2 seed Eastern Washington 38Story Line: The Penguins trailed for over 39 minutes, but stunned Eastern Washington on junior tight end Kevin Raders miraculous 5-yard touchdown reception from quarterback Hunter Wells with 1 second remaining. Rader wrapped his right arm under linebacker Ketner Kupps arm and secured the football on the defenders back with his feet on the ground before he was pushed out of bounds.Game Balls: Obviously, Wells is deserving for his heroics, but also running back Tevin McCaster, who had nearly half of his game-high 154 rushing yards in the fourth quarter and he finished with three touchdowns.Key Stats: Youngstown State held the ball for 39 minutes, 20 seconds and ran 80 offensive plays to Eastern Washingtons 56. It was huge to keep the No. 2-ranked offense in the FCS on the sideline so much.Coachs Comment: It was a heck of a football game. A real crazy way to end it. We had guys making plays all night, they had guys making plays in tough conditions. -- Youngstown States Bo Pelinii.ddddddddddddThe Takeaway: The Penguins resiliency shined brightest. They played without four highly productive starters because of positive NCAA drug tests and overcame a 24-10 second-quarter deficit and one that was 31-20 through three quarters.Up Next: In an opportunity to tie North Dakota State for the second-most FCS titles with five (Georgia Southern won six in the subdivision), Youngstown State will face James Madison for the national title.---=Friday, Dec. 16No. 4 seed James Madison 27 No. 1 seed North Dakota State 17Story Line: James Madison ended North Dakota States 22-game playoff win streak and bid for a record sixth straight FCS national title by reaching the championship game for the second time in program history. Dukes running back Khalid Abdullah rushed for 180 yards and caught one of quarterback Bryan Schors three touchdown passes.Game Balls: On offense, Abdullah used his speed, power and cut-back moves to total a career-high 231 all-purpose yards on 25 touches, scoring on a 10-yard reception in the second quarter. On defense, linebacker Dimitri Holloway was all over the field with a career-high 16 tackles.Key Stats: JMU limited the Bison to a season-low 132 rushing yards (on 39 carries) after it averaged just over 300 yards in its two playoff wins.The Takeaway: The Dukes belief in a road win inside the Fargodome, where past CAA teams had failed, never wavered all week. JMU heads to the national championship game with the knowledge its been the most complete team in the FCS this season. Against North Dakota State, the Dukes werent going to maintain what was the nations No. 1 scoring average, but their prolific offense still managed the second-highest points of the season against the Bison.Coachs Comment: It is a credit to our players and coaches for believing and trusting each other and believing in the philosophy that we came in here trying to establish. It has resulted in one of the biggest wins in school history. -- James Madisons Mike HoustonUp Next: In their second appearance in the FCS championship game, the Dukes will try improve on their lack of success against Youngstown State. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 8 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen