Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

bullpen. Blue Jays general manager Ross Atkins said Stromans start S

in Tribute 19.04.2019 09:50
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

ENDICOTT, N.Y. -- Brad Bryant sat in an old familiar place, bright lights shining all around as he recounted a round hell most certainly remember for a long time. The Champions Tour rookie, a tight wrap covering his left wrist and a constant reminder of his difficult recent past, shot a 10-under 62 on Saturday to take a four-shot lead over Corey Pavin after two rounds at the Dicks Sporting Goods Open. It didnt match his career low of 60 set in 2004 when Bryant was a consistent threat on the PGA Tour. It was oh-so-satisfying, nonetheless. Hes trying to recapture a lot of what he lost at the end of his career on the big circuit, when two wrist surgeries kept him away from the game for three years. "My wrist is hanging in there. I feel Ive been gathering momentum all year, to be honest with you," Bryant said. "I didnt have a lot of game at the beginning of the year. I was able to kind of piece together some rounds, but I knew there wasnt much game there." There is now, even though he doesnt even practice during the week of a tournament. Bryant took advantage of another serene day at En-Joie Golf Club, making six birdies in his first seven holes to surge past first-round leader Kenny Perry and finished the day at 16-under 128, a 36-hole record for the tournament. Duffy Waldorf was 11 under after a 65, and Rick Fehr (67) and Russ Cochran (67) were 10 under. Perry was eight strokes back at 8 under after a 71. Bryants round matched the Champions Tour course record set by R.W. Eaks in 2007, the tournaments first year. Hal Sutton, Robert Gamez and Fred Funk each shot 61 when En-Joie hosted the old B.C. Open on the PGA Tour. More than half the field broke par under nearly ideal scoring conditions on the first day, and the assault at the narrow, tree-lined layout continued Saturday as 47 players finished the day under par. Perry, the hottest player on the Champions Tour after victories this summer in the Senior Players and U.S. Senior Open, began the day with a one-shot lead after opening with a 7-under 65. Playing in the final threesome with Bryant and Joel Edwards, Perry watched his slim margin slip away quickly. The formula for going low at the narrow, tree-lined course is to keep the ball in the fairway, and nobody was more consistent than Bryant over the first two rounds. He hit 10 of 14 fairways and reached 16 of 18 greens in regulation each day. Bryant should have birdied the first seven holes. He rolled in a perfectly paced 20-foot putt that broke right to left at the par-4 second hole, hit his tee shot to 8 feet at No. 4, then made a superlative save at the par-5 fifth hole, blasting out of a greenside bunker to 3 feet from the flag. He followed that with consecutive 30-foot birdie putts on the next two holes, his only early miscue coming at No. 3, one of three par-5s on the front nine. He stuck his third shot within 5 feet, then watched in dismay as his birdie try barely skimmed the lip and stayed out. "I played really solid today," Bryant said. "But probably the club of the day for me was the putter. Thats kind of been the club thats been holding me back. I just made a lot of putts." Bryant continued his assault with an 18-foot birdie putt at No. 11 and another birdie at No. 12 to reach 14 under, just missing an eagle try on the latter. Perry also had a chance for eagle at the par-5 and scowled in dismay when his putt barely missed and he had to settle for a birdie. Pavin, on a roll with finishes among the top three in each of his last three outings, gained sole possession of second at 11 under after making a 6-foot birdie putt at the difficult 15th hole, a 432-yard par-4 thats guarded by a massive water hazard. It was one of only nine birdies there on the day. "I was playing well before this," Pavin said. "My putter just wasnt behaving as well as I would have liked. I was hitting a lot of good putts and I wasnt making them." Pavin hit 11 of 14 fairways and reached 16 of 18 greens in regulation on the day and needed only 26 putts as he repeatedly hit it close. He had three putts inside 6 feet, made a 25-footer from the fringe at No. 12, and sank a 15-footer at No. 16 for his final birdie. Bryant matched that moments later with a birdie at No. 14 after hitting a 4-iron to 5 feet at the 212-yard par-3 and closed his round with a 10-foot birdie putt on the final hole. Now, its on to Sunday and the pressure that always brings. "I know I am going to have to go out and play really well tomorrow to win this," Bryant said. "Someones going to go low. I cant go out and play real safe. But if I can drive it well, play solid, and if my putter continues to perform as it has, I think it could be a real good day." Wholesale Air Max 90 . Hazard cut in from the left and scored with a swerving right-footed shot for ninth goal of the season, which proved to be enough for the victory despite Chelseas forwards again lacking a cutting edge up front. Cheap Air Max 90 . Rob Manfred, baseballs chief operating officer, testified last week during the grievance filed by the players union to overturn Rodriguezs 211-game suspension. A person familiar with the hearing, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press on Saturday that Manfred testified the sport wasnt concerned whether Bosch distributed performance-enhancing drugs to minors because MLBs interest was his relationship with players under investigation. http://www.airmax90cheapuk.com/ .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. Air Max 90 Sale Uk .Y. -- Syracuse has turned up the defence at the right time all season, and when High Point threatened to pull off a monumental upset the second-ranked Orange did what they do best with their quick hands and savvy play. Air Max 90 Cheap Uk .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. TORONTO -- The Cleveland Indians are going for a club record when they play the Toronto Blue Jays Friday afternoon as they try to extend their winning streak to 14 games.The Indians defeated the Blue Jays 4-1 on Thursday to equal their club record with their 13th straight win. The record was set in 1942 and matched in 1951.The Indians also finished June with a 22-6 record, the best in franchise history for any month.The Indians will start right-hander Josh Tomlin (9-1, 3.22 ERA), and the Blue Jays will counter with struggling right-hander Marcus Stroman (6-4, 5.33 ERA), who began the season as the No. 1 starter but has had trouble making his sinker sink and is 1/3 with an 8.44 earned-run average in his past six starts.Indians manager Terry Francona is keeping an even keel.You turn the page pretty quick, Francona said after Thursdays win in which Carlos Carrasco struck out 14 in in 7 1/3 innings. If you start taking time to sit back and evaluate (what happened) two weeks ago, then tomorrow might not be so good. I just think theyre having fun trying to play the game the right way. That;s a good way to go about it.Meanwhile, the Blue Jays have lost seven of their past 11 games after winning 20 of their previous 28.If there was anything encouraging about the loss on Thursday, it was the return of left-handed reliever Brett Cecil from the disabled list, where he had been since May 15 with a strained triceps. He opened the season 0-5 with a 5.23 ERA in 16 outings before going on the DL but during his rehabilitation, he regained his curveball, which is vital to his success. Cecil pitched a perfect eighth inning Thursday, and manager John Gibbons and Cecil were both encouraged by the outing.Hopefully (his return) does bring back a boost of energy, Cecil said. Hopefully I can get off to a good start and get these guys going a little bit. Im not here to change the whole face of the bbullpen, but they know what they need to do, I know what I need to do and hopefully we can all do it together.ddddddddddddCecil will be used in late innings as bridge to closer Roberto Osuna.Hes going into a valuable role, because we need that, Gibbons said. Weve seen him do that many times. I cant say this is his inning or that inning is his inning, but its going to be important stuff.Meanwhile, a good start by Stroman on Friday would be helpful for the bullpen. Blue Jays general manager Ross Atkins said Stromans start Sunday, a 5-2 loss to the Chicago White Sox, was really encouraging.Stroman allowed seven hits and four runs in five innings. He has faced Cleveland once in his career, allowing five hits and five runs (four earned) in 1 1/3 innings in a relief appearance.Tomlin also pitched Sunday, allowing three runs, six hits and a walk while striking out three in eight innings in a 9-3 win over the Detroit Tigers. He is 1-0 with a 5.19 ERA in his three career starts against the Blue Jays. He is 1-0 with a 5.56 ERA in two starts at Rogers Centre. He is 5-0 with a 2.76 ERA in seven starts on the road this season. He has allowed only eight walks in 362 batters faced this season. His 0.81 walks per nine innings is second in the majors to Clayton Kershaw of the Los Angeles Dodgers (0.67).He will be trying to pitch the Indians into history on Friday afternoon against a sellout crowd on Canada Day at Rogers Centre.Its something pretty special thats going on right now, said Cleveland closer Cody Allen, who earned his 17th save Thursday. But youve also got to remember that just because were winning ballgames right now doesnt mean its going to be easy the next day. We know weve got our hands full for the rest of this series. Thats a good club over there. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 91 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen