Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

y, with their pitchers going 4 for 21 at the p

in Archenbewohner 10.04.2019 08:17
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Doo Ho Choi looks like hed need a chaperone to get into an R-rated movie, but he also might be one of the most dangerous strikers competing at UFC 206.Through three UFC appearances, Choi (14-1) has developed something of a cult following, thanks to his boyish look and back-to-back-to-back first-round knockouts. Hell seek UFC victory No. 4 this weekend against Cub Swanson.The South Korean featherweight is 25, but could easily pass for a teenager. Hes aware his appearance leaves an impression and goes by the nickname The Korean Superboy.I do believe my looks play a role in my popularity, said Choi, through an interpreter. Especially amongst female fans in Korea, looks are very important. I dont look like a fighter but Im very violent.Choi, who began training MMA at age 17, broke into the UFC in November 2014 with an 18-second knockout. The main event of the UFC card Choi debuted on featured Swanson in a fight against Frankie Edgar.Its been a quick rise for Choi ever since, as hell take on Swanson during the pay-per-view portion of UFC 206 inside Canada Air Centre. Choi is focused on the fight but says hes ready for a title shot now. He expects to get one in 2017.After I knock out the No. 4-ranked fighter in my division, I want someone in the top three, Choi said. Im looking to get a title shot. Not only am I ready, Im ready right now.Like his countryman and fellow UFC featherweight Chan Sung Jung, Choi will be required to serve a two-year stint in the South Korean military at some point. Military service is mandatory for all South Korean males.Jung (13-4) recently finished that obligation and is scheduled to return from more than a three-year layoff in February. Choi says hes not currently planning out that portion of his life and is only focused on whats in front of him.I have to go before the age of 28, so Im not really thinking about it now, Choi said. Im not thinking too pessimistic of it. Im very accepting of the fact I have to go as a Korean man, but Im not thinking about it right now.Swanson (23-7) is on a two-fight win streak and has been floating around the top of the division the past decade.Choi says hes been watching Swanson fight since well before he joined the UFC and couldnt ask for a better fight to showcase his style and continue to gain notoriety.Cub has a style comparable to mine, hes very physical and very violent, Choi said. This fight will be exciting.MMA is serious business but while wins and losses are important, whats more important is entertaining fans. There arent too many Asian fighters who fight like I do, really go for the knockout.Knockouts are the cream of the crop in terms of entertainment, so thats what I go for. Buy Air Max 97 Australia . -- Hunter Smith scored the winner with just 12 seconds remaining in the third period as the Oshawa Generals edged the host Sarnia Sting 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Air Max 97 Cheap Australia . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. http://www.airmax97cheapaustralia.com/ . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Cheap Air Max 97 Online .C. -- Charlotte Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said after all of these years in the NBA hes still amazed at some of the things LeBron James does. Air Max 97 Clearance . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. CINCINNATI -- One trip around the bases has Yu Darvish thinking more like a hitter.Darvish connected for only the second homer by a Rangers pitcher, and Adrian Beltre hit a tiebreaking double in the eighth inning Wednesday night for a 6-5 victory over the Cincinnati Reds and a split of their two-game interleague series.Darvishs solo shot to center field was one of three homers by the Rangers, who wasted a three-run lead before rallying late. Beltres double off Blake Wood (5-2) snapped a 5-5 tie.The right-handers next start will be in an American League game with the DH preventing him from getting to try for an encore.Just take the DH off and let me hit, he said, through a translator.Well, maybe not.If I get another at-bat, I might strike out, he said. I want to keep that (home run) image in my mind.Darvishs big moment came in the fifth when he ended his 0 for 12 career slump. He tipped the bill of his batting helmet as he rounded third base and raised an index finger briefly as he headed for the plate. The only other Rangers pitcher to homer was Bobby Witt in 1997 at Dodger Stadium, in only their third interleague game.The way he did it -- his whole at-bat looked good, Beltre said. That wasnt a cheap home run. He hit it to straight center field.Darvish looked good in batting practice before the game and assured manager Jeff Banister that he could hit.When he came back after hitting the home run, he reminded me that hed told me he could hit, Banister said. Thats a big boy home run to center field. That ball was struck well.Hes the fifth pitcher to homer against the Reds this season.It was just a really bad pitch, something he could handle, pitcher Tim Adleman said.Nomar Mazara had a three-homer, and Ian Desmond followed Darvishs homer in the fifth with one off Adleman. The Reds have given up 10 homers in the last three games, including four sets of back-to-back homers.Darvish let a 5-2 lead slip away. He walked a season-high five batters and hit a batter in six innings. A passed ball and an error led to two unearned runs.Jake Diekman (4-2) went one inning andd got the win.dddddddddddd Sam Dyson pitched the ninth for his 28th save in 32 chances.The win snapped Texas three-game losing streak. The Rangers havent lost more than four straight this season. They improved to 28-8 in one-run games, best in the majors.Carlos Beltran was hitless in four at-bats, leaving him in an 0-for-24 slump that matches his career high from 2000.Darvish helped the Reds score two runs in the second. He hit Adam Duvall and walked two to load the bases. Duvall scored when Ramon Cabrera grounded into a forceout, and another run scored on Jonathan Lucroys passed ball.Shortstop Elvis Andrus throwing error set up another unearned run in the fifth. Cabrera had an RBI double as the Reds tied it with three runs in the sixth, aided by another walk.INTERLEAGUEThe Rangers are 11-6 in interleague play, with their pitchers going 4 for 21 at the plate. The Reds are 5-12.TOP TWOThe Rangers host the Cleveland Indians on Thursday, matching the top two teams in the AL. The last time they met so late in a season with both teams leading their divisions was 1999, according to STATS. The Rangers have won five of their last seven games with the Indians.TRAINERS ROOMRangers: RHP Tanner Scheppers had no problems after his third rehab appearance, an inning for Triple-A Round Rock on Tuesday night. Hes missed the season recovering from surgery on his left knee.Reds: SS Zack Cozart missed his seventh straight game with an inflamed left Achilles tendon. He worked out on the field before the game. Manager Bryan Price said he could be back in the lineup this weekend.UP NEXTRangers: LHP Cole Hamels (13-4) opens a series in Arlington against the Cleveland Indians. Since the All-Star break, Hamels is 4-2 with a 1.85 ERA in seven starts.Reds: After a day off, they open a series in Arizona. LHP Brandon Finnegan (8-9) has 13 quality starts and has been the victim of blown saves four times.---Follow Joe Kay on Twitter: http://twitter.com/apjoekay ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 45 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen