Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

slide and chase down what the Austrian was thr

in Abschnitt 2 28.03.2019 08:31
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

TROON, Scotland -- Bill Haas struck his drive on the 11th hole, immediately flung his arm to the right, and asked his caddie: Am I gonna find that?Next up was Charl Schwartzel, who leaked his tee shot even further right and onto a rail track adjacent to the fairway. Looking straight ahead, he shook his head and stuck out his right hand in a signal for another ball.Just two of the many players finding it tough at The Railway hole at the British Open on Thursday.At 482 yards, the par-4 No. 11 ranked as the hardest hole at Royal Troon, just like it did in 2004. It averaged 4.7 shots, more than one of Troons three par-5s and almost as much as the other two. Fourteen players made worse than double-bogey, and David Duval, Steven Bowditch, and Kristoffer Broberg walked off with 9s.Lets be honest, said Bubba Watson, who bogeyed No. 11, that hole fits nobodys eye.Looking out from the tee box, theres danger everywhere on the hole at the far end of the links course. First of all, its a blind tee shot with a 218-yard carry over a mass of gorse bushes covering the view of a tight fairway. A rail track runs the length of the hole to the right, with trains to and from nearby Glasgow and Ayr running in both directions about every five minutes. On the other side of the track, horses roam beside a couple of houses.Theres usually a train coming, Kevin Na said to the gallery, having backed away from a shot from the thick rough on hearing a train approach. One goes that way, and one comes back.To the left, theres more heather. And then theres the wind off the nearby Irish Sea to contend with. All in all, its a daunting shot, even for a driver of the quality of Rory McIlroy.You try to make a 4 four times this week, McIlroy said of the 11th. Then youre going to do very well.Paul Casey spent almost a minute with his caddie sizing up his drive, assessing where to aim in relation to the 20-meter-high TV camera in the distance. His tee shot ended up drifting slightly right, settling in a mound of thick rough on a downhill slope. All he could do was hack out.Matt Fitzpatrick of England was one of 10 players to shoot 7 on No. 11. He thought he struck his tee shot well, only for the wind to push it right and into a wall between the rail track and the heather.All of a sudden, the wind was off the left rather than into, Fitzpatrick said. Reload.As if the drive isnt hard enough, the green also is well protected. Theres a deep bunker on the front left of the green, which Na hit into and was forced to play out backward. Its a narrow line into the putting surface, with the wall five yards to the right of the green.Much of the carnage on No. 11 came early. Of 21 players in the first seven groups of the day, only five posted a par or better. The group containing former champions Sandy Lyle and Duval as well as British amateur champion Scott Gregory took 23 shots between them.Matt Jones of Australia was in a share of the lead on 5 under par until he met the treacherous No. 11. His tee shot landed on the train track and he had a 6.You see nothing but trouble, Jones said.Six players in the 156-man field made a birdie there, with only one -- from Richard Sterne -- coming from the morning starters when the wind was up. When the wind died down in the afternoon, Andrew Johnston and Matt Kuchar both shot 3s in the same group and there were fewer big numbers. Leader Phil Mickelson parred the hole.Expect more trouble for the rest of the week.The 11th hole is one of the toughest holes Ive ever played, Billy Horschel said. Its just a scary tee shot. Dominic Moore Jersey . -- If this was Aaron Gordons final home game at Arizona, and it almost certainly was, then he went out in style. Johnny Bower Jersey . -- Arizona raced out to a big lead and did not back off, hitting the accelerator instead. http://www.cheapmapleleafsjerseys.com/?tag=adidas-charlie-conacher-jersey . Those lessons were more than enough to overwhelm the Utah Jazz. Lou Williams scored 25 points and the Hawks continued their offensive upswing as they rolled to an easy 118-85 victory over the Jazz on Friday night, winning their third straight and for the fourth time in five games. Felix Potvin Jersey . The All-Pro lineman got the leg bent under him while trying to make a tackle during the first half of a 22-20 overtime loss at Miami on Thursday night. The medical staff initially thought hed torn the ligament, and the test a day later in Cincinnati confirmed it. James Van Riemsdyk Jersey .875,000, avoiding arbitration. Clippards deal Monday means all eight Nationals players who filed for arbitration wound up settling before a hearing. LONDON -- Over to you, Andy Murray.Novak Djokovic has got the two group-stage wins he needed to keep alive his hopes of regaining the No. 1 spot this week. He beat Milos Raonic 7-6 (6), 7-6 (5) in Tuesdays Tour Finals evening session to ensure he will be around for the weekend at the O2 Arena.Now all he needs to do is win a fifth consecutive title -- and sixth overall -- here to finish as year-end No. 1, if it comes down to a winner-takes-all shootout with Murray in Sundays final.There are other permutations by which Djokovic, who was overtaken in the rankings by Murray last Monday after 122 weeks, can finish the year on top but he knows his fate is still in his own hands.I have never felt unbeatable and I never will, the Serb told a post-match news conference. I dont feel vulnerable, he added, however, which could be a concern for Murray.Djokovic is perhaps the closest thing you can get to a sure bet against Raonic, having now won 18 of the 19 sets they have played over eight meetings.Raonic had his chances here, though. The Canadian failed to take two break points in the third game of the opening set, and was made to pay when Djokovic edged a tiebreaker after 64 minutes of play at the O2 Arena.After twice breaking the Djokovic serve to level the second set, Raonic then wasted a set point at 6-5 before the Serb came out on top in another tiebreaker to seal the win in two hours, 13 minutes.It was a very close match. Very few points separated us tonight. It really could have gone either way, added Djokovic.I was fortunate to get through the first set tiebreaker. I was down very early in both tiebreaks tonight. But I just managed to stay committed and put pressure on his second serves.But I should have done my job earlier, to be honest. Im not very pleased to drop my serve twice [in the second set] against Milos, especially the second time. I was 4-3, 30-Love, then just four pretty bad unforced errors.Credit to him for really hanging in there, putting pressure, being aggressive, especially from the forehand.dddddddddddd But, you know, I think I should have done better there.Gael Monfils was earlier beaten 6-3, 1-6, 6-4 by Dominic Thiem in Tuesdays afternoon session at the O2 Arena.Not my best, was the Frenchmans blunt assessment of his fitness out there, having suffered an apparent knee injury and been sprawled flat out on his back at one point.Thiem went a set up in just 25 minutes here, with Monfils winning just five points on the Austrians serve. The 30-year-old was hobbling around in pain, toiling at the baseline and unable to slide and chase down what the Austrian was throwing at him to full effect.Monfils did race into a 4-0 lead in the second set, however, forcing the decider with Thiem threatening to crumble again like he did after winning the opening set against Djokovic Sunday.But a Monfils double fault gave Thiem match point in what had been a close-fought third set, and a long forehand ended the contest.I give my best, as usual, fighting with everything I had, he added. Thats the only matters when you step on the court.After a second defeat in two matches, it is fair to wonder whether Monfils will play his final round robin match Thursday against Djokovic, with alternate David Goffin waiting in the wings.I will try to recover because obviously Im not good enough to play back-to-back. So hopefully, you know, Ill be much better, said Monfils.With his first Tour Finals victory, Thiem kept his hopes of making the semifinals alive. He next faces Raonic Thursday.Very happy that when Im facing him that theres still something going on, Thiem said in an on-court interview. Potentially I have the chance to reach the semifinals. Just try to get fit again for the last match and go. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 6 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen