Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

was too passive and just tried to move the ball and get

in Bewerbungen 26.03.2019 06:55
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Hector Santiago was happy to overlook his rough stretch as long as the Los Angeles Angels got the win.Santiago labored through five innings, throwing a season-high 119 pitches with six walks, and it was good enough as the Angels beat the Boston Red Sox 5-2 Saturday night.A phenomenal start, Santiago said. We got the W. Who cares about the rest?After giving up a pair of runs in the first, including a leadoff homer to Mookie Betts, Santiago mostly managed to frustrate the Red Sox, who left 11 men on base.Its almost like he was effectively wild, Red Sox manager John Farrell said. He was erratic enough in the strike zone to prevent us from squaring anything up.Santiago (10-4) has now won six consecutive starts, posting a 1.78 ERA, all in the month of July. Hes the first left-hander to go 6-0 in a calendar month since Andy Pettitte managed it for the Yankees in August of 2007.He was supported Saturday by the continued hot bat of veteran Albert Pujols.After Santiago allowed the two runs in the first, the Angels got one back in the bottom of the inning against Drew Pomeranz (8-9) before Pujols put the Angels on top with a line-drive, two-run homer in the third.Pujols has 20 RBI in his last 13 games, 30 for the month of July and 80 on the season. It was his 20th home run of the year. This after he started the season batting .185 in his first 33 games.Year after year, Albert is one of the most productive hitters to ever play the game, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. We were never worried about Albert.It was the third start for Pomeranz with the Red Sox since acquired from the Padres on July 14. He is 0-2 with a 7.53 in his three starts with Boston.Overall he just wasnt as strong as the last time out, Farrell said. Its been a mixed bag. Theres quality stuff being thrown, its just a matter of consistency.Pomeranz went 5 1/3 innings and was charged with all five runs. He gave up six hits, walked two and struck out four.He was not helped by the Red Sox offense, which stranded those 11 runners and could never come up with the timely hit after the first.Missed opportunities, Farrell said. Thats the story of this game.The Angels backed up the erratic performance by Santiago with four scoreless innings of relief by four different relievers. Houston Street got the final three outs for his ninth save.The Angels are 47-57, their season appearing lost. But they have won 10 of their last 15 and 18 of their last 25. And since 2012, they are 22-10 at home against the Red Sox.ALL LEFT OUTThe Angels parted ways with their opening-day platoon in left field, designating Daniel Nava and Craig Gentry for assignment. Not wanting to pay the luxury tax, the Angels signed the two in the offseason for a combined $2.4 million. Nava hit .229 with one home run. Gentry hit .147 in 34 at-bats before injuring his back and being assigned to the minors. The Angels activated outfielder Shane Robinson (right ankle sprain) from the disabled list.MOVING UPThe home run by Pujols left him with 1,190 career extra-base hits, tying Lou Gehrig for ninth on baseballs all-time list. With the home run, he joined Frank Robinson, Hank Aaron and Willie Mays as the only plays with 20-plus home runs in 15 of their first 16 seasons.TRAINERS ROOMRed Sox: RHP Craig Kimbrel threw 17 pitches in his first rehab appearance. Kimbrel (surgery for torn left knee cartilage) started the game for triple-A Pawtucket, recording one out while hitting a batter and allowing one hit. Manager John Farrell it was uncertain what Kimbrells next step would be, but said he could join the team when it opens a four-game series in Seattle Tuesday.Angels: C.J. Cron may be on the verge of a remarkable recovery from his fractured left hand. Cron injured the hand on July 9 and it was originally expected he would be out six-to-eight weeks. But manager Mike Scioscia said Cron could return within two weeks. He is scheduled to be examined Tuesday and could be cleared to start swinging a bat.UP NEXTRed Sox: RHP Steven Wright (12-5) will try to bounce back from his worst start of the season when he gave up eight earned runs in 4 2/3 innings Tuesday against Detroit. In his last six starts, he has a 6.89 ERA but has gone 4-1.Angels: LHP Tyler Skaggs will try to duplicate his first start of the season. Skaggs, returning from Tommy John surgery, threw seven scoreless innings Tuesday, holding the Royals to only three hits in his first start since July 31, 2014. Cheap Broncos Jerseys . Rob Manfred, baseballs chief operating officer, testified last week during the grievance filed by the players union to overturn Rodriguezs 211-game suspension. A person familiar with the hearing, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press on Saturday that Manfred testified the sport wasnt concerned whether Bosch distributed performance-enhancing drugs to minors because MLBs interest was his relationship with players under investigation. Cheap Broncos Jerseys Authentic . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday. http://www.cheapbroncosjerseysauthentic.com/ .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. Broncos Jerseys China . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami. Cheap Denver Broncos Jerseys . -- Matt Rupert scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the London Knights extended their win streak to nine games by defeating the Owen Sound Attack 4-3 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. NEW YORK -- The Charlotte Hornets were hopeful in their chances at re-signing Jeremy Lin.Their desire to retain Nicolas Batum and Marvin Williams also was significant, and it left leaving little salary-cap space for Lin, whom Charlotte could not go above the cap to retain.Before signing as a free agent with the Brooklyn Nets, Lin said on social media last season was the most enjoyable year he spent in the NBA.Even so, Lin could not get the three-year, $36 million deal from Charlotte that he received from Brooklyn. He will be a spectator Friday night when the teams meet at Barclays Center.Lin is sidelined due to a strained left hamstring. The Nets announced Thursday that Lin will be re-evaluated in two weeks, meaning the ailment will cost him at least seven games.The injury occurred at some point in the first half of the Nets 109-101 win over the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday, two days after Brooklyns 30-point loss to the Chicago Bulls.With Lin out, Nets coach Kenny Atkinson could hand point guard responsibilities to Isaiah Whitehead and Sean Kilpatrick, who played the position during summer league games.Kilpatrick recorded his first career double-double with 24 points and 10 rebounds Wednesday, and Whitehead scored five points in 20 minutes.We dont have the luxury of not playing hard every possession, Kilpatrick said. Thats something were starting to instill. As soon as Jeremy went out, I was like, Im going to have to play the point. Coach did a great job of making sure I played the point because you never know when that time is going to come.The point guard rotation also could involve Randy Foye, whose strained right hamstring has been upgraded to probable after he missed the previous five games.Obviously, its tough to be there without J-Lin, said Nets center Brook Lopez, who scored 34 points Wednesday. Were confiddent hell be all right.ddddddddddddegardless of who is at the point, the Nets (2-3) will be facing an opponent that will be looking for a better start.The Hornets improved to 3-1 with a 109-93 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday. They recorded the win after trailing by as many as 13 at during the first half.Batum scored 17 of his 20 points in the third quarter. He was 6 of 8 from the field with three 3-pointers in the decisive quarter, and the Hornets were 16 of 22 from the field in waking up from a shaky first half.I had to get more aggressive, Batum said. The first week and a half (of the season), I was too passive and just tried to move the ball and get everybody involved. So sometime I have to look for my shot, and I had to do it. I had to step up. I wasnt playing like myself. Thats why I had to step up, and in the third quarter, I was able to hit some shots and get my rhythm back.Hornets coach Steve Clifford said of Batum, You could tell that he was going to come out and look for his shot more. You could tell from his body language that he was upset, in a good way, that he knew we had to play better. He was aggressive right from the start of the second half.Clifford will hope he does not have to discuss slow starts after Friday. In the past three games, the Hornets averaged 22 points and 34.4 percent shooting (21 of 61) in the first quarter.We have to start better, though, Clifford said. Since the first game in Milwaukee, we havent started well, so we have to try to do better with that.The Hornets swept the four meetings with the Nets last season. Charlotte completed the sweep with a 105-100 victory in Brooklyn on March 22 and won despite Kemba Walker shooting 4 of 14. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 68 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen