Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

ht. So Frazier said the team decided Floyd wo

in Bewerbungen 25.02.2019 03:40
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- One day after Wil Myers returned to face the Rays, another former Tampa Bay player will oppose his former team Tuesday.San Diego Padres right-hander Edwin Jackson, who made headlines for and against the Rays, will oppose Tampa Bay left-hander Blake Snell in the middle game of a three-game series at Tropicana Field.Jackson pitched for Tampa Bay from 2006-08, then threw an unusual no-hitter for the Arizona Diamondbacks against the Rays on June 25, 2010. He somehow walked eight batters in a 149-pitch gem.The 32-year-old veteran opened this season as a reliever with the Marlins (0-1, 5.91 ERA in eight outings), but he has fared well since joining the Padres (3-1, 3.62 ERA in five starts). His last outing saw him scatter two hits over seven scoreless innings while striking out seven in a win against the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday.For his career, Jackson is 3-2 with a 2.54 ERA in his career against the Tampa Bay.While Jackson has appeared with 11 major league teams, Snell has made just 11 major league starts. The rookie is 3-5 with a 3.18 ERA and coming off his worst outing of the season, when he lasted only 1 2/3 innings and gave up five runs (two earned) in a loss to the Toronto Blue Jays on Wednesday.Snell has 58 strikeouts in 56 2/3 innings, for the best rate in the American League among rookie pitchers with 50 or more innings. His only previous interleague outing was a strong one, when he struck out nine and held the Rockies to one hit in six scoreless innings at Colorado on July 19.Theres been a lot of impressive things about Blake Snell, Rays manager Kevin Cash told MLB.com. His confidence, not to be confused with cockiness -- the confidence and the way he feels he can go out there and compete has been so impressive. The way he acted right after that game is pretty impressive. ... I know hes itching to get back out there.The Rays have had improved starting pitching since the All-Star break, with Mondays starter, Drew Smyly, improving to 3-0 in his past five starts with a 2.25 ERA. He has more wins in those five starts than in his first 18 this season. On Monday, he used a deceptive mix of pitches to leave the Padres hitters guessing.The Rays are 14-15 since the All-Star break, recovering from a terrible month entering the break, and improved starting pitching has been a big part of the turnaround.Snell is just coming into his rhythm as a young starting pitcher, but Smyly said the staff as a whole has built a positive momentum in the past month, one it hopes to continue through the final six weeks of the season.You have to go out there and believe, to execute pitches and expect good results to come, Smyly said. I dont know if its luck, but everything evens out over the course of the season.After giving up three runs in the first two innings Monday, the Padres are looking for a quicker start Tuesday.We just didnt play that well, didnt come out with the intensity we should have early in the game, said Myers, who went 1-for-4. I think we need to do a little better job, me especially -- the whole team needs to do a better job early in the games, because weve been fighting late. But those first few at-bats early in the game are just as important. Thats one thing we need to do going forward, making sure we have more intensity early in the games. Chicago White Sox Jerseys .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have placed centre Cody Hodgson on injured reserve and recalled two players from their AHL affiliate in Rochester. Adam Engel Jersey . Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists as Dallas snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. http://www.whitesoxteamshop.com/White-Sox-Robin-Ventura-Kids-Jersey/ . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. Nicky Delmonico Jersey . Argentina winger Ezequiel Lavezzi and France midfielder Blaise Matuidi scored, with star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic setting up both despite having a poor game by his high standards. Forward Eduardo gave Ajaccio the lead in the sixth minute after being set up by right winger Benjamin Andre, and the Corsican side looked comfortable in the first half, with the lively Johan Cavalli causing problems with his probing runs from midfield. Custom Chicago White Sox Jerseys . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month.MANKATO, Minn. -- Minnesota rookie defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd didnt think his knee injury was serious and an MRI on Sunday proved it. Floyd said the test showed no damage, and hes ready to resume practice whenever the Vikings coaching and medical staff gives him the OK. "No worries on my part," he said. "At the end of the day, its (coach Leslie Fraziers) call, not mine." Floyds left knee was still sore early Sunday after the first-round draft pick out of Florida was injured in the second quarter of a 27-13 preseason loss to Houston on Friday night. So Frazier said the team decided Floyd would have an MRI to make sure there wasnt any damage. "Not overly concerned by everything I have been told," Frazier said before the test. "Its just sore, so we want to err on the side of caution." Floyd was hhit low from behind in the second quarter and did not return.ddddddddddddHe was on the field for Sundays morning walk-through and the afternoon padded practice, but did not participate. "I knew it was OK right after it happened," he said. "I knew there was no problem." Frazier said he liked what he saw before Floyd got injured, including a tackle for a loss and a deflected pass against the Texans. Also Sunday, cornerbacks A.J. Jefferson and Xavier Rhodes and free-agent linebacker Desmond Bishop returned to afternoon practice after all were sidelined with hamstring injuries. Defensive tackle Christian Ballard (groin) and linebacker Audie Cole (ankle) did not practice. Frazier said cornerback Jacob Lacey will have arthroscopic surgery on his knee and likely be out 2-4 weeks. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 92 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen