Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

theyre playing and trying to avoid some

in Bewerbungsunterlagen 30.11.2019 02:41
von ruogu1234 • 285 Beiträge

DAVOS, Switzerland -- Glen Metropolit hasnt played an NHL game since 2010, but on Thursday, the oldest player on Canadas Spengler Cup roster showed why hes the captain of the Canadian squad. After nearly scoring on his first shift of the game, the 39-year-old Metropolit -- whos played for Lugano in the Swiss league the past two seasons -- picked up a goal in the first period and assisted on Derek Walsers game winner in the third as Canada opened up the Spengler Cup with a 5-4 victory over the HC Vitkovice Steel of the Czech Republic. "Even at his age, on the blue-line and in the offensive zone, hes still one of the best players in the game in Switzerland so thats where hes going to be really good for us," head coach Doug Shedden said. "Hes played for me before and thats why I made him captain. This could be his last Spengler Cup and his children are here visiting from Florida. "Its just something that gets him excited about playing." Byron Ritchie, Micki DuPont, and Alexandre Bolduc also scored for Canada in a back-and-forth offensive game that saw leads slip away between both teams four times. Rudolf Huna, Peter Huzeka, Roman Szturic and Lukas Kucsera scored for Vitkovice. Vitkovices Filip Sindelar was the busier of the two goaltenders, stopping 37 of 42 shots in the losing effort. Canadas Chris Mason made 18 saves. "We were outshooting them pretty good all night," Shedden said. "We really carried the play against them." Ritchies goal tied the game at 4-4 at 7:58 of the third period, and Walser beat Sindelar off passes from Anthony Stewart and Metropolit at 13:47 to pull Canada ahead for good. Bolduc opened the scoring with an unassisted goal at 2:30 of the first period, but Kucsera responded with a goal for the Czech club team less than two minutes later. Canada took the lead again on Metropolits goal, and Vitkovice replied to take a 2-2 tie into the first intermission. The second period proved costly for Canada when a turnover gave Vitkovice a 4-3 lead 11 seconds after DuPont tied the game 3-3 on a power play. Shedden said the mistake could be chalked up to unfamiliarity between his players, whove had just one practice and one morning skate together before their first game. "The problem was we gave up some easy scoring chances off some miscues and thats going to happen with guys who havent played together, and it happens every night anyway if you have played together." Shedden said. "I thought their goalie really kept them in it because we really crashed the net all night, and it showed the heart of the Canadians. "We were down going into the third period and we thought we were playing well enough, we just had to keep at it and we did that. You work hard enough eventually youre going get rewarded with a couple goals." Canada plays host HC Davos on Saturday. Rennie Stennett Jersey . Third-place Madrid fell behind and settled for a 2-2 draw earlier at Osasuna in a match both sides finished with 10 men, and Barcelona didnt let the chance escape. Barcelona, still without the injured Lionel Messi, again turned to Neymar after his hat trick against Celtic in the Champions League on Wednesday to convert a penalty on the half-hour mark and restore the lead in the 68th after Villarreal levelled. Dale Berra Jersey . -- Terry Francona likened the atmosphere at Kauffman Stadium on Tuesday to a playoff game in October. https://www.cheappiratesjerseys.us/132e-bill-mazeroski-jersey-pirates.html . "I honestly dont know," he said. Try this: 20 points, nine assists and seven rebounds by Rajon Rondo, a 62-37 rebounding advantage by the Celtics and a horrible 4-for-30 shooting performance on 3-pointers by the Nets. Cole Tucker Jersey . That assertion is getting harder and harder to make, especially given the way 23-year-old Danilo Gallinari has been playing this season. Dovydas Neverauskas Jersey . Ashton scored a hat trick -- giving him 13 goals in 16 AHL games this season -- to power the Toronto Marlies to a 5-2 victory over the visiting Lake Erie Monsters in AHL action on Sunday.OTTAWA -- Henry Burris boasts an impressive CFL resume. Over 15 seasons, hes twice won a league championship, been named a Grey Cup and CFL MVP and is one of just five players ever to surpass the 50,000-yard passing plateau. But even with 17 years of pro football under his belt -- he also played in the NFL with Green Bay and Chicago -- the 39-year-old Texan will experience a career first Friday night when he leads the expansion Ottawa Redblacks (0-2) into their first-ever game at TD Place Stadium against the Toronto Argonauts (1-2). Watch the Redblacks vs. Argonauts live tonight on TSN and TSN GO at 7pm et/4pm pt. "Ive never been in this position before," Burris said following Thursdays practice. "I played in the first Monday night game following 9/11 (Green Bays 37-0 win over Washington on Sept. 24, 2001), Ive played in Grey Cups and those were some pretty emotional times for me. "But I can just imagine how emotional and how much energy is going to be in this stadium and this entire city. I know this fanbase has waited since 2005 to have a true home game and a true home stadium. Its an honour to be here and able to be part of this team to break ground as far as getting this organization and city back into football." Not since the former Renegades in November 2005 has a CFL team played a home game in Ottawa and the city hasnt celebrated a Grey Cup winner since 76 when Tony Gabriels historic TD catch rallied the Rough Riders to a thrilling 23-20 victory over Saskatchewan. But a sellout gathering of 24,000 will be on hand for the Redblacks inaugural home game. "Its a big deal and weve been waiting for this day for a long time.," said Ottawa head coach Rick Campbell. "Weve had a bunch of firsts over the last several months as far as whats gone on with our franchise and (Thursday) will be a big night and were definitely proud of it." Its only fitting that Burris achieve a career first going head-to-head with Toronto quarterback Ricky Ray. The two had many memorable battles when they were with the Calgary Stampeders and Edmonton Eskimos, respectively, and last year Burris led the Hamilton Tiger-Cats past the Argos in the East Division final. "I feel like were in The Matrix, we keep following each other," Burris said. "It seems in the most special moments, we always go against each other. "Hes done a lot of great things in his time and I hope thats a two-way street. When we see each other on the sidelines we want to beat each other." But Ray has much more to be concerned about than outplaying Burris. Toronto will be minus its top three receivers in Chad Owens (foot), Andre Durie (clavicle) and Jason Barnes (knee), meaning youngsters Anthony Coombs, Terrell Sinkfield and Darvin Adams will all start versus Ottawa. "Thats going to be tough," Ray said. "Any time you dont have a starter in the lineup you cant rely on the production youre used to getting. "With these guys, theyve been here, theyve been through training camp, they know the offence.dddddddddddd Its just about being out there and not thinking too much when theyre playing and trying to avoid some of those mistakes and be able to play fast. Until you have that game experience together, you dont know what to expect. Were all going to be out here learning a little bit, hopefully we can get it done." Veteran Ottawa defensive back Jovon Johnson said it doesnt really matter who the Argos have at receiver because Ray is the key to their offence. "He takes the passes that you give him, he doesnt force things downfield," Johnson said. "He doesnt do things hes not accustomed to doing, thats what makes him great. "To not have guys like Chad Owens and Andre Durie, Im sure thats big for them because they go to Owens and Durie a lot. Its one of those unknown things, you dont know who theyre going to play and just have to be ready for whatever comes your way." With Ottawas first home game generating such a huge buzz here -- a pep rally was held Thursday at city hall -- the Redblacks will definitely have the home-field advantage as they search for their first-ever win. However, that also means therell be a lot of pressure on them to perform well. "Hopefully its loud and exciting," Argos head coach Scott Milanovich said. "Our guys are looking forward to playing in the new stadium being kind of the first show in town." Toronto receiver John Chiles, who played collegiately at Texas, said a big, loud crowd can dramatically impact the outcome of a game. "Im expecting it to be crazy, Im expecting it to be loud, Im expecting the fans to be up and screaming and having a good time," Chiles said. "In college I played before 110,000 people every week and I remember when it got loud it got tough for teams and they struggled against us. "And even at some away games it was tougher for me being on the road. The crowd can definitely have an effect on the game." However, Chiles said the Argos arent looking to play the spoiler role. "No, we try not to use that term," he said. "Were just focusing in on what we need to do to win and not get too involved with the extra stuff." Campbell said while hes looking forward to the Redblacks having a rabid home crowd firmly behind them, its important his players avoid being swept up in that emotion. "We just have to make sure we keep our heads about us," he said. "I know this is going to be a great place to be, we just need to make sure were good on our assignments and what were doing and go out there and play football." That wont be a problem for Johnson. "Im never nervous," he said. "Im always even-keeled, thats just me and my personality. I always want to perform and never feel pressure on the field. "You cant look at it as extra pressure. Id call it added incentive for us to go out and play well and give them (fans) a team they can look forward to." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 16 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen