Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

hit two doubles and drove in three runs for the Cubs

in Die 100 26.11.2019 02:01
von ruogu1234 • 285 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Chris Johnson and the Atlanta Braves capitalized on a day when the ball was flying at Wrigley Field. And Mike Minor toughed it out on a day when it was tough to pitch. Johnson homered twice and Minor hit his second career home run, leading the Atlanta Braves over the Chicago Cubs 11-6 on Saturday. Johnson and Justin Upton each drove in four runs for the Braves. Johnson and Minor homered and Upton hit a three-run double as Atlanta scored six times in the fourth inning for a 9-3 lead. "Its one of those days at Wrigley when you get the ball up in the air and the ball keeps travelling," Johnson said. "Mike battled though. Its a tough place to pitch on days like this. He battled and kept us in the game. We were able to get enough. Minor (3-5) allowed six runs and 11 hits in six innings, improving to 6-0 in his career against the Cubs. The Braves won for the second time in seven games. They hit no home runs in their previous six games and one in their last 12 games. Upton and Justin Heyward had RBI singles in the ninth for Atlanta. David Carpenter pitched two innings for his third save. "Today is one of those days we need all the offence we can get because the wind was blowing out, typical Wrigley Field wind blowing out," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "We never felt comfortable." Chris Coghlan hit two doubles and drove in three runs for the Cubs, who have lost seven of nine. Edwin Jackson (5-10) lasted just 3 2-3 innings after giving nine runs, seven hits and three home runs. "Its just one of those embarrassing, horrendous games," Jackson said. "Flat out, theres no other way to put it. Your team does a great job and battles back, and you continually give up the lead. Its pretty much unacceptable." The Cubs scored three runs in the fifth to cut the lead to 9-6. One run scored on a passed ball before Coghlan hit a two-run double. Johnsons second homer of the day and fifth of the season was a two-run shot and made it 5-3 in the fourth. Johnsons third career multihomer game was his first since 2012. "Im not trying to hit home runs," Johnson said. "I got the first one pretty good. The second one I think it was just a line drive." Minor padded the lead with a solo shot. His other home run came in 2013 against the New York Mets. "I remember both (home runs)," Minor said. "The other one surprised me a little bit because I didnt think I could hit the ball like that. Today, I tried to stay back a little bit more. He threw me, I felt like, the same pitch the first at-bat and I was coming around it. It was one of those days I felt like I was seeing the ball good, got lucky and hit it." NOTES: Gonzalez said he was undecided about the order of his rotation after the All-Star break. He said Minor and Alex Wood would be staggered. "It depends on what happens in the next two days, whos healthy and if somebody needs a few extra days," Gonzalez said. ... Braves C Evan Gattis (bulging disk) was scheduled to take part in light drills and batting practice at the Single-A facility in Rome, Georgia, for the second straight day. While encouraged, Gonzalez said no timetable had been set for his return from the disabled list. Nike NBA Jerseys . Perhaps as important, shes sending a message to 17-year-old gold medal favourite Sara Takanashi of Japan. Iraschko-Stolz relegated Takanashi, who has 10 World Cup victories this season, to second place in two of three training jumps Saturday. Stitched NBA Jerseys . For the Bombers it has been a combination of things coming together at the most inappropriate moments in time. Quarterback, injuries, Canadian talent or depth and leadership are all issues. Trust me when I say being a Bomber is no fun right now in a city that embraces football the way Winnipeg does. While Buck Pierce will be getting another shot, I think Max Hall does deserve another opportunity. https://www.cheapnbajerseysjustwholesale.com/ . Trailing by a goal after 20 minutes of play, Joe Pavelski responded with three goals and an assist as the Sharks snapped a two-game losing skid with a 5-2 victory over the struggling Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday. NBA Jerseys For Sale . Not only that, when Julian de Guzman first stepped on the pitch for Deportivo de la Coruna he became the very first Canadian to play in Spains top tier. NBA Jerseys China . After Mondays comments by Coach Claude Noel that its work first and skill second, and that more “A” games are needed, the Jets responded with a 47-shot effort. If not for terrific goaltending by Braden Holtby the Jets would have had two points in regulation. COLUMBUS, Ohio -- In his first game back after missing 17 games with a sprained left knee, Columbus Blue Jackets right wing Marian Gaborik again was sidelined with a broken collarbone. The team announced after a 6-3 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday night that Gaborik had been placed on the injured list and would be out indefinitely. Gaborik was injured when sandwiched between the Flyers Braydon Coburn and Zac Rinaldo while taking a shot midway through the first period of the game. Gaboriks shot went just wide, where teammate Nick Foligno collected it and fed Ryan Johansen for the games first goal. The 31-year-old Slovakian, who has 341 goals and 345 assists in 787 career NHL games, immediately skated off the ice annd went to the dressing room.dddddddddddd "Obviously, its a big hole for our team," coach Todd Richards said. "You really feel for him. He worked hard to get back and was excited to play." Gaborik was expected to be an integral part of Slovakias Olympic team. "Its real disappointing for our team, and you feel for Marian," Richards said. Blue Jackets teammate Ryan Johansen, who had two goals in the Blue Jackets 6-3 victory over the Flyers, said the club got a surge just knowing that Gaborik was coming back on Saturday night. "It brought some energy before the game when you have a star coming back," Johansen said. "Then to see him go down like that, I feel bad. Its really unfortunate." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 47 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen