Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

before departing for Toronto FC in January

in Die 100 14.11.2019 09:08
von ruogu1234 • 285 Beiträge

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys decided one year with Monte Kiffin as defensive co-ordinator and Bill Callahan as play-caller was enough. Kiffin was demoted Tuesday in favour of defensive line coach Rod Marinelli, and Scott Linehan was hired as the passing game co-ordinator who will call plays. The staff shuffling -- the second in as many years -- comes after the Cowboys gave up the most yards in franchise history and finished last in the NFL in total defence and had their worst offensive output in yardage since 2005. "If you look at staffs around this league and rosters all around this league, theres change from year to year," Garrett told The Associated Press. "And the teams that embrace the change are the ones that have the most success and again we feel like from a system standpoint, the systems on offence and the systems on defence, remain in place." Kiffin and Marinelli came to Dallas together last year after the Cowboys fired defensive co-ordinator Rob Ryan and decided to switch to a four-man front with three linebackers following nearly a decade in the 3-4 defence. Quarterback Tony Romo will have his third play-caller in as many seasons after Garrett had that role in 2012. There was even a change in the middle of this past season when Garrett reinserted himself by relaying the calls from Callahan to Romo. "Its not really a concern at all," Garrett said. "Weve had the same offensive system in place here for seven years. We feel like the transition will be really relatively smooth for everybody." Garrett is entering the final season of his contract and is coming off three consecutive 8-8 seasons that extended the clubs playoff drought to four straight years. Garrett said Callahan will remain on staff in 2014, also the final year of his contract. He will keep his titles of offensive co-ordinator and offensive line coach. "Just like you would with a player, guys are always in roles that tend to evolve and change," Garrett said. "If you have the right kind of guys on your team, they embrace those roles, understand the objective is to try to help our team first and foremost. Bill knows that." Linehan, the former St. Louis coach who was Detroits offensive co-ordinator the past five seasons, gave Garrett his first coaching job in the NFL in 2005 when he was offensive co-ordinator in Miami. Garrett was his quarterbacks coach that season. "He and I have a real comfort level with each other," Garrett said. "Philosophically, were on the same page. He has a comfort level with our system of football. The other thing hell bring is some new blood and some freshness to it." The Lions finished sixth or higher each of the past three years in total offence, while the Cowboys slipped to 16th, their lowest since 2002. While improving dramatically in takeaways on defence under Kiffin, the Cowboys gave up the first two 600-yard games in franchise history and surrendered 40 first downs for the first time in league history. Their 6,645 yards allowed were almost 1,000 more than the previous club record from 2012. Garrett said Kiffin, who will turn 74 next month, will serve more as a mentor who will "help coach coaches and coach players" after spearheading the transition to the 4-3 defence. Marinelli was Chicagos defensive co-ordinator for three years under Lovie Smith before Smith was fired in 2012, when the Bears led the league in interceptions (24) and takeaways (44) and were third in points allowed. "The success he had in Chicago as a co-ordinator speaks for itself," Garrett said. "To have him as a point person is exciting and to have Kiff in the overseeing role is again something we think is good for our team." The Cowboys now have three former head coaches on the staff in Callahan, Marinelli and Linehan, who was 11-25 in two-plus seasons as coach of the Rams. He was fired after an 0-4 start in 2008 and joined the Lions a year later when Jim Schwartz was hired as head coach. Schwartz was fired last month. Cheap Soccer Jerseys . Reyes, 26, was traded from Atlanta to Toronto in July 2010 and spent the remainder of the season in the minors. He began 2011 in the majors and made 20 starts with the Blue Jays, going 5-8 with a 5.40 earned run average before he was waived on Aug. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China . JOHNS, N. https://www.soccerjerseyschina.us/ . - The Baltimore Ravens have hired Steve Spagnuolo to be their secondary coach and assistant head coach. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic . Last year, Islanders forward Colin Mcdonald released a "Do It For Colin" campaign to promote his teammate and friend John Tavares for the EA sports honour:The most popular sports voting video ever has to go to Chris Bosh who showcased his comedic abilities in his effort to get fans to vote him into the 2008 All Star Game:You can vote for TJ and other star players for the NHL 15 cover vote here. Soccer Jerseys Outlet . DArnaud hit one of three doubles for the Mets as they took a 4-0 lead in the first. Then the catchers seventh home run of the season broke the game open in the fifth. The 41-year-old Colon (10-8) retired the first 20 batters in his last outing Wednesday against Seattle, eventually allowing two runs on three hits in 7 1-3 innings in a 3-2 win.TORONTO -- Toronto FC fans got to see the man of the moment, England forward Jermain Defoe, wear the captains armband against his old club, and perhaps a glimpse of the future in Canadian teenage striker Jordan Hamilton. It was the 18-year-old from Toronto who got on the scoreboard in a losing cause as Tottenham defeated Toronto 3-2 in a soccer friendly Wednesday on the strength of an 85th-minute goal by Andros Townsend. Andrew Wiedeman and Hamilton had scored second-half goals to pull the home side even before a sellout crowd of 22,591 on a warm evening at BMO Field. Lewis Holtby set the table for the Spurs winner, driving towards goal before finding Townsend who curled a shot past Quillan Roberts, another homegrown teenager. Argentine midfielder Erik Lamela scored twice for Tottenham in the first half before Toronto shot back in a far more competitive and entertaining second after the teams combined for 17 changes at the break. "It was a different game," Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino said of the second half. It was only the second pre-season game for Tottenham, with Pochettino reminding his post-game audience that "for me, its another training session and its game that was good for our supporters, to show our improvement." In the first half, Toronto seemed to have one eye on its weekend league match with defending MLS champion Sporting Kansas City. Defoe got virtually no service from his teammates and found himself having to take up the role of playmaker to get something going. The England star was substituted at halftime, one of seven changes by manager Ryan Nelsen. Veteran Dwayne De Rosario took over as captain and told his crew that change was needed. "I just told the guys we didnt come here to spectate," De Rosario said. "This is our field, this is our home. We have to take it to them. I think we did that in the second half and we were able to put them under pressure and force them to cough up the balls where we could attack and counter-attack. We started to build confidence from that." Said fellow second-half substitute Nick Hagglund: "We came in with the mentality to really press them and make them play well. And I think when we did that, we showed that theyre human, that they make mistakes, just like us." On a night where he was on the marquee, Defoe was largely on the outside looking in. Defoe, 31, played 362 times in two stints with Tottenham before departing for Toronto FC in January. He scored 142 goals for Spurs, fifth on the clubs career scoring list. Ironically Defoe just hit No. 5 on Toronto FCs all-time MLS scoring chart with 11 goals in 14 MLS games -- evidence of the franchises past scoring woes. He said playing Spurs was strange but enjoyable. "I suppose when I finish football and I look back on these memories and really reflect and think You know what," (about) all the years at Tottenham -- its a special club with special fans. A good bunch of players. Nice people," he said. Defoe, balancing a plate of salmon, chatted with old Tottenham friends after the match before returning to the Toronto locker-room to do his media duties. The game was part of Defoes transfer agreement, which also featured a marketing deal between the two clubs. Its attention that the England striker clearly wouldnt mind doing without. "I just love playing football," he said. "I always have done. I think at the age of 31 to still wake up in the morning and still enjoy training and look forward to every game, I still get the same buzz. And to me thats importaant.dddddddddddd" Then again, he is making US$6.18 million this season, with the two cellphones sitting in his locker proof that he is by no means a hermit. Spurs controlled the first 45 minutes against a makeshift Toronto lineup, controlling possession for long stretches and then dispossessing Toronto when the home side got it back. Tottenham outshot Toronto 10-0 (3-0 in shots on target) in the first 45 minutes. Toronto, with six Canadians on the field, had a much stronger second half. Spurs again had more shots (10-5) but the home side had more on target (3-2). Wiedeman cut the deficit to 2-1 in the 65th minute. Rookie winger Daniel Lovitz, one of the bright spots for Toronto, made the goal by pouncing on a Tottenham turnover and driving towards goal before opening up the defence with a through ball to Wiedeman. Hamilton tied it up in the 73rd minute, capping off passes from Hagglund and Wiedeman with a clinical left-footed shot from the edge of the penalty box. It was the first goal for Toronto for Hamilton, who has been playing for the Wilmington Hammerheads of the USL Pro league this season. "Hes someone who impressed me from Day 1," said Defoe. "Strong, has a nice left foot and he can score goals." Nelsen said the loan to Wilmington has done wonders. "Weve seen a change ... Hes acting like man not a boy and he played like it today." Hamilton was humble afterwards when asked about his performance. But he clearly believes he has more goals in him. "I hope I have a lot more and a lot bigger ones. It was just a friendly but it was great to score my first goal for Toronto," he said. Lamela, who had one goal in a disappointing injury-shortened 2013-14 season, was one of 10 players withdrawn at halftime by Tottenham. The 22-year-old former Roma player reportedly cost Spurs a club-record 30 million pounds (C$55 million). The game came at an inopportune time for Toronto, squeezed between league games against Houston and Sporting Kansas City and in a month packed with eight contests. Toronto, already missing defenders Steven Caldwell and Mark Bloom and Brazilian winger Jackson through injury, essentially fielded just four regulars -- defender Doneil Henry, midfielders Dominic Oduro and Collen Warner, and Defoe -- in its starting 11. Goalie Joe Bendik didnt dress and star midfielder Michael Bradley did not stray from the bench. Goalie Chris Konopka, defenders Jeremy Hall and Ashtone Morgan and midfielder Lovitz have a combined two MLS starts between them this season. Konopkas MLS log reads two games in five seasons with four teams and he looked rusty. The 29-year-old was replaced by 19-year-old Roberts, who has also been playing for Wilmington. Roberts, who has yet to see MLS action but has now played against Roma, Liverpool and Tottenham, made several good saves. Lamela opened the scoring in the 16th minute on a pass from Roberto Soldado and a nice dummy from Aaron Lennon that froze the defence. The Argentine midfielder, who showed his flair from the get-go, then beat Konopka with an angled shot into the corner. Lamela made it 2-0 in the 40th minute from a similar spot after slick passing from Lennon and Soldado sliced open the home defence. Spurs opened their pre-season last Saturday with a 3-3 tie with the Seattle Sounders before 55,349 at CenturyLink Field. Their North American trip wraps up with a Sunday game in Chicago against the MLS Fire. Tottenham finished sixth in the Premier League last season with a 21-11-6 record. It kicks off this season Aug. 16 at West Ham. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 103 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen