Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

Stewart was placed on the physically unable to perform list

in Gesuche 12.11.2019 09:01
von ruogu1234 • 285 Beiträge

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart will miss at least the first six weeks of the season while he recovers from an ankle injury. Coach Ron Rivera said after practice Tuesday that Stewart was placed on the physically unable to perform list. The team also put guard Edmund Kugbila, its fourth-round draft pick, on injured reserve with a knee injury and waived injured defensive tackle Frank Kearse and wide receiver Joe Adams, Carolinas fourth-round pick in 2012. Adams and Kearse will go back on injured reserve if they clear waivers. NFL rules stipulate Stewart cant practice or play for six weeks. Since the Panthers have a bye in week four, Stewart is eligible to play Oct. 20 against the St. Louis Rams, which would be Week 7 on the NFL calendar but would be Carolinas sixth game of the season. "Im just taking it day by day and trying to be there for my teammates and bring as much positive energy as I can," Stewart said. "We have a long season ahead of us and I plan to be back in week six." Rivera is "very optimistic" Stewart could make it back for St. Louis game. "Some real good things have happened but they arent going to happen soon enough," Rivera said, adding doctors now believe the right ankle will take longer to heal. Rivera classified the injury as a sprain. Stewart hasnt practiced since off-season surgery on both ankles. The decision likely means more playing time for DeAngelo Williams, the franchises all-time leading rusher, and opens a roster spot for young running backs in Tauren Poole and Armond Smith. Carolina also drafted Kenjon Barner from Oregon in the sixth round and hes expected to contribute as a scat back. Stewart is coming off a disappointing season a year ago, rushing for 336 yards and one touchdown, both career lows. He missed seven games in all, including the final five with a sprained ankle. "I can spend all of my energy being disappointed or I can spend all of my energy getting ready for week six," Stewart said. Stewart said the decision came after he met Tuesday with Dr. James Anderson, the teams physician. Now the Panthers are awaiting word on fullback Mike Tolbert, who has yet to play in the preseason because of a hamstring injury. His status for the season opener against Seattle remains in question. Rivera said despite the injuries to Stewart and Tolbert the team has no plans to bring in any running backs. "We feel good about young guys that we have," Rivera said. "Theyll see a dose of action in this last preseason game and well see what theyre capable of." The Panthers drafted Kugbila with the 108th overall pick, but hes rarely practiced because of knee and hamstring issues. But Rivera isnt writing him off as a draft-day bust. "We really have to look at the long term in terms of getting him ready to go in the future," Rivera said. NBA Jerseys .com) - Mike Conley scored 20 points with five assists to help the Memphis Grizzlies remain unbeaten with a 91-89 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday. Wholesale Jerseys . Just ask last seasons Supporters Shield winners, the New York Red Bulls, who were resoundingly defeated last weekend by a rampant Vancouver Whitecaps in a match which produced two contenders for MLS Goal of the Week from Sebastian Fernandez and Pedro Morales. https://www.cheapjerseysjustwholesale.com/ . -- The Guelph Storm are moving on to the Western Conference final after defeating the London Knights 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League playoff action. Custom Jerseys .ca. Mr. Fraser, I think everyone would like to hear your opinion on what sort of suspension Zac Rinaldo should get. His comment after the game of I changed the whole game, man. College Jerseys .Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg have been neck and neck all season, with 17 points separating the rivals and double points on offer for the race.Tensions between them have spilled over during the campaign and the pairs fragile relationship was evident during Thursdays pre-race news conference, when Rosberg goaded Hamilton by advising him to race cleanly.TORONTO - Toronto FC has struck a one-year partnership agreement with Wilmington Hammerheads FC which will allow the MLS club to loan players to the North Carolina-based USL Pro team. The move means Toronto is out of the MLS Reserve League for the 2014 season. "The deal represents the first time our club has established a full development trajectory for our Academy players from the U12 level up through the first team," Toronto general manager Tim Bezbatchenko said in a statement Wednesday. "On the first team it can be a challenge getting younger players sufficient match experience required for their development during the course of a season.dddddddddddd This partnership with Wilmington will allow our players to earn those valuable match minutes and continue their growth during the season in a professional environment in USL Pro. Today we have filled a developmental gap within our club." Toronto FC will loan a minimum of four players to Wilmington during the 2014 season. The partnership will give players like 19-year-old TFC goalkeeper Quillan Roberts a chance to get valuable playing minutes. Forward Emery Welshman is another player who would benefit. The 16th overall pick in the 2013 MLS SuperDraft, Welshman saw just five minutes of league action. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 89 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen