Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

was nice to finish before the break with another win

in Gesuche 12.11.2019 08:54
von ruogu1234 • 285 Beiträge

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Chiefs general manager John Dorsey said Friday that he does not anticipate using the franchise tag on any free agents, something the team has done each of the past three seasons. The Chiefs are poised to lose several key players from last years 11-5 team, including Pro Bowl left tackle Branden Albert, Pro Bowl punt returner Dexter McCluster and starting defensive end Tyson Jackson, safety Kendrick Lewis and offensive guards Jon Asamoah and Geoff Schwartz. The deadline to use the franchise tag is March 3. "Probably not," Dorsey said. "We probably wont use it." The Chiefs used the tag on Albert last season, paying him more than $9.8 million -- the average of the top five salaries at his position the previous year. They could franchise him again but would be on the hook for 120 per cent of Alberts salary, a massive financial commitment for a team that is already bumping along just below the salary cap. Kansas City used the franchise tag on linebacker Tamba Hali two years ago, eventually signing him to a long-term contract. The same story unfolded last year for wide receiver Dwayne Bowe, who signed a $56 million, five-year contract one year after receiving the tag. Dorsey did say that hes having "ongoing conversations" with representatives of all of the Chiefs free agents, including Albert, but refused to get into the specifics. "We will continue to have ongoing discussions with his representatives here at the combine," Dorsey said. "Weve done is weve reached out to every representative for every unrestricted free agent that we have, and weve also talked to Alex Smiths representative as well." Smith wont become a free agent until after the 2014 season, but signing him to an extension would not only lock him up but also offer some salary cap relief. Smiths number this is season is $8 million, but the Chiefs could trim that roughly in half with an extension. The Chiefs have already waived defensive back Dunta Robinson to free up salary, and its likely they will either restructure current contracts or part ways with some of their veterans in order to create more off-season flexibility. "I dont think its fair to talk about a players contract in a setting like this," Dorsey said. "I think thats not the proper business that you like to do." Dorsey did address several other issues at the combine, including his belief in building through the draft. Thats the same philosophy followed by his mentor, Ted Thompson of the Green Bay Packers, and one espoused by Chiefs coach Andy Reid. That means that the Chiefs are unlikely to be quite as active as they were in free agency last year, when they turned over roughly half of their roster. Free agency begins March 1. Still, there are plenty of holes to fill, especially along the offensive line. "We look at everybody right now and make sure that you cover all the positions," Reid said Thursday. "One of the tricks of the draft is that you take the best players available, if you can stay that disciplined to do so and make yourself a better football team." Other positions of need include free safety, where Lewis struggled much of the season, and wide receiver, where the Chiefs kept shuffling through options with little success. "We have a pretty good group of young players to form a nice nucleus," Reid said. "I look forward to adding guys too, and Im a big believer that you build your team through the draft. Free agency can be a bit of a tease at times, and I think you have to be real careful." Nationals Jerseys China . - The situation looked bleak at best for the coach Doc Rivers Clippers — down by four points with 18 seconds left in the fourth quarter. Ivan Rodriguez Nationals Jersey .com) - Winnipeg Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien, Detroit Red Wings forward Tomas Tatar and New York Islanders right wing Kyle Okposo were named the NHLs players of the week on Monday. https://www.cheapnationals.com/637r-spencer-kieboom-jersey-nationals.html . With the final four being arguably the four best – and most complete – teams from the regular season, picking a winner is not as easy as it sounds. Wilmer Difo Nationals Jersey . In the opening game of his fourth-round match at the U.S. Open, the owner of 17 major titles got passed at the net twice, sailed a backhand long, then missed two forehands to get broken. Carter Kieboom Nationals Jersey . Henderson (20-3) received winning scores of 48-47 and 49-46, and the other judge scored it 48-47 for Thomson (20-6). The announcement drew boos from the United Center crowd. "Train this hard for this long, its such a long camp and I see my title shot disappear," said Thomson, who fought most of the fight with a broken right hand.RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Montreal Canadiens needed a little time to get up to speed in their final game before the Olympic break. When they did, they left behind the Carolina Hurricanes. David Desharnais scored twice and the Canadiens rallied for a 4-1 victory Saturday night. "We had a little slump a couple of weeks ago and we wanted to get out of it," Desharnais said. "We did and we want to stay up in the standings and with these three wins, we did. That was our goal." Ryan White and Brian Gionta also scored and Carey Price made 31 saves to help the Canadiens win their third in a row. "It was nice to finish before the break with another win," said Price, set to play for Canada in the Olympics. "We talked about staying focused and earning that one and it worked out for us. Confidence in hockey is a big thing and to finish strong like this is good," Montreal left wing Max Pacioretty, a member of the U.S. team, suffered a first-period injury after being checked into the goal by Carolinas Brett Bellemore. He left with 7:30 left in the first period and did not return. After the game, Pacioretty said it was all precautionary for his to sit out the rest of the game. "I went in pretty hard and I got the wind knocked out of me," Pacioretty said. "I think the team wanted to play it safe and I think it was a good decision." After a scoreless first period, Carolina got on the scoreboard first in the second period. Drayson Bowman sccored his fourth goal of the season with a rising shot from the top of the right circle at 5:42.dddddddddddd Bowman took advantage of Tuomo Ruutus screen that kept Price from making a play on the puck. But the rest of the game belonged to the Canadiens. "We responded the right way," Montreal coach Michel Therrien said. "Even though they scored the first goal, we started playing well." Desharnais tied it with 2:08 left in the second, converting a 3-on-2 rush. It took only 1:25 for Montreal to take the lead as White scored on a rebound at the top of the crease with 42.7 seconds left in the period. Desharnais gave Montreal some breathing room early in the third period with his 11th goal of the season. It marked his first multi-goal game of the season. Gionta finished the scoring for Montreal with an empty-netter with 2:37 to go. Carolina defenceman Justin Faulk said the Hurricanes didnt play with energy. "We didnt have the drive and the effort we needed," said Faulk, who also is on the U.S. Olympic team. "In a game like this, especially before the break, we needed to leave it all out there. It didnt go our way." Neither team took advantage of their power-play opportunities. Montreal was 0 for 1 with the man-advantage, and Carolina failed on two power plays. NOTES: Carolina C Riley Nash extended his point streak to a career-best three games. ... Hurricanes D Justin Faulk matched his season-best points total with 22, picking up an assist. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 6 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen