Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

on to claim the Wimbledon title

in Gesuche 31.10.2019 03:32
von ruogu1234 • 285 Beiträge

EASTBOURNE, England -- Top-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland failed to reach the second round of the Aegon International when she was beaten 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (4) by Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia on Monday. But defending champion Elena Vesnina of Russia held off a strong challenge to beat Shuai Peng of China 6-3, 6-4, and there was another hard-fought victory for 2012 runner-up Angelique Kerber of Germany, who defeated Alison Riske of the United States 7-6 (6), 6-4. Former champion Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark also won, beating Australian Samantha Stosur 7-5, 6-4. Radwanska won the grass-court tournament in 2008, but she has since fallen in the first round four times and not won a match at Eastbourne since she reached the quarterfinals in 2011. Despite her early exit, Radwanska was not too concerned about her lack of match preparation for Wimbledon. In 2012 after a first-round defeat she went on to reach the Wimbledon final, and last year after an opening-round loss she reached the semifinals there. "The first match (on grass) is always tricky," she said. "Well, it was a great match before Wimbledon to get used to it ... I just hope I can do the same good results (at Wimbledon) this year." Wozniacki had to recover a break of serve at the beginning of each set to defeat Stosur but felt comfortable to be back on a surface which netted her the 2009 title at Eastbourne as well as the junior trophy at Wimbledon. Following her first round defeat at Roland Garros, Wozniacki enjoyed a break in Miami with family and friends, including Serena Williams. "That was a lot of fun," Wozniacki said. "Serena and I had a good time with some of our other friends ... I came back home and I worked hard every day four, five hours a day. My game is in good shape." Eastbourne also features No. 8 Victoria Azarenka of Belarus. A former No. 1, a left foot injury restricted her to just one match since she surrendered her Australian Open title in the quarterfinals in January. Drawn to face Italian Camila Giorgi in her opening match on Tuesday, Azarenka said, "Its not important for me whos going to be on the other side. I just want to see what I can do, and just see how to raise my level from there." Everyones mind inevitably is on Wimbledon, which begins next week, but second-seeded Petra Kvitova, who reached the Eastbourne final in 2011 before going on to claim the Wimbledon title, is determined to keep her focus on this week. "Of course, I want to play the best that I can to get used to the grass and everything before Wimbledon, but Im taking this tournament as a very big one," Kvitova said. "Its a very tough draw. Everybody wants to be successful here." In the mens event, Frenchman Jeremy Chardy beat former two-time champion Ivo Karlovic of Croatia 6-4, 6-4, sixth-seeded Gilles Simon of France defeated Australian qualifier Chris Guccione 7-6 (2), 6-4 and American Sam Querrey beat Britains Kyle Edmund 7-6 (5), 6-3. Satchel Paige Jersey .com) - The Vancouver Canucks recovered from a fluke goal early last time out to knock off one of the top teams in the league. Steve Olin Indians Jersey . The 17-year-old had four goals and four assists in 38 games for Liberec in the Czech pro league this past season. Zacha had three goals and two assists in seven games at the world mens under-18 championship in April when the Czech Republic took the silver medal. https://www.cheapindiansonline.com/3838u-tyler-clippard-jersey-indians.html . Case in point: LeBron James vs. Ben McLemore. James was driving to the rim in the first quarter and McLemore decided to try to take the charge, which was quite admirable and predictably futile. Lou Boudreau Indians Jersey . And once again, Team Homan emerged as the victor with the reigning national champions defeating Team Sweeting at the Pintys All-Star Curling Skins Game Friday night in the tournaments opening draw at The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre in beautiful Banff National Park. Frank Robinson Indians Jersey . This weeks Raptors Report puts a bow on Gays brief, 10-month tenure in Toronto and ponders how his absence will affect the teams offence. Are they a better team without him? In addition to acquiring some valuable cap flexibility, what impact will the four incoming players have this season and beyond? Click here for the Dec.TORONTO – The Genie Army was out in full force yesterday for Genie Bouchards historic semifinal victory at WIMBLEDON. Overnight data from BBM Canada confirms that more than 1.9 million unique viewers tuned in to TSN and RDS to witness Bouchard become the first Canadian singles player to make a Grand Slam tennis final – making it the most-watched WIMBLEDON non-finals broadcast on record. The match attracted an average audience of 791,000 viewers, with audiences peaking at 1.4 million viewers as Bouchard took match point to secure her win over Simona Halep. Canadians have rallied behind Bouchard and Milos Raonic throughout WIMBLEDON:• Raonics quarter-final win attracted an average audience of 545,000 viewers (1.6 million unique viewers) to TSN and RDS on Wednesday • Bouchards quarter-final victory attracted an average audience of 304,000 viewers (921,000 unique viewers) to TSN and RDS on Wednesday Overall, this years tournament is the most-watched WIMBLEDON in TSN history. Canadians can follow Bouchards attempt for Grand Slam glory during the WIMBLEDON womens final airing tomorrow (Saturday, July 5) at 9 a.m. ET live on TSN and TSN GO (visit TSN.dddddddddddda/GO to learn more about TSN GOs availability). For a preview of the final, fans can tune in to the iconic BREAKFAST AT WIMBLEDON at 8 a.m. ET. In addition, TSNs Mark Masters, who has been on-site at the All England Club all tournament long, will continue to deliver reports on Bouchard before and after her big match against former WIMBLEDON champion Petra Kvitova. TSN Radio stations across the country deliver live coverage of Bouchards historic WIMBLEDON final, including TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto, TSN Radio 690 in Montreal, TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg, TSN Radio 1200 in Ottawa, TSN Radio 1260 in Edmonton, and TEAM Radio 1410 in Vancouver. Canada is also represented in the mens doubles final, with Vasek Pospisil and his partner Jack Sock of the United States taking on brothers Bob and Mike Bryan – also of the United States – tomorrow at approximately 1 p.m. ET live on TSN and TSN GO. The mens final, featuring No. 1-seed Novak Djokovic and seven-time WIMBLEDON champion Roger Federer, airs Sunday at 9 a.m. ET live on TSN and TSN GO, with BREAKFAST AT WIMBLEDON previewing the match at 8 a.m. ET. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 91 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen