Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

quarter mainly to fatigue on the second game of a b

in Tribute 16.08.2019 07:49
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

When South Africas A squad embarks on tours of Zimbabwe and Australia, the transfer of knowledge between players will be as important as catching the national selectors eyes. The group is a made up of players with international experience and those on the fringes of higher honours, and captain Stephen Cook hopes they will spur each other on.Its a great squad, weve got a lovely balance, Cook said at the teams training camp in Pretoria. These guys are all fantastic players in their own right, and I am sure we will all learn from one another.An experienced leader in franchise cricket, Cook takes charge of the A side with an ambition to cement his own place in the Test team. He made his debut in the fourth Test against England in Centurion, South Africas last Test in the 2015-16 summer, and scored a century. Cook was one of the few bright spots in an otherwise bleak period for the side, and he will be one of the players they will rely on as they seek to re-start their climb up the rankings.Despite having been around for a long time - Cook has been playing in the domestic set-up for 16 years - he is still looking to develop, this time under Malibongwe Maketa, a coach he has not worked with before. Maketa, the Warriors coach, has been put in charge of the A side and Cook is interested in his insights. Its good to get fresh ideas, some fresh thinking from someone who coaches against you and analyses you in a different way to what your coach does, he said. Everyone can learn from each other and that makes for a healthy set-up.The word health has not been associated with South African cricket over the last year, with severe criticism of the structures at both national and domestic level, so to hear someone use it is refreshing. Cook believes there is strong competition as players hope to break into the national side. Guys here are putting up their hands to say, Hey I want to make that Proteas side in whatever format is required, he said. The guys are all up for it, they have all trained fantastically, our work ethic has been great.One area where they cannot be faulted - and Cook singled it out - is conditioning, even in mid-winter. Everyone is fit. In previous years, I have seen criticism levelled that the guys arrive unfit. This year, guys are all in tip-top shape and rearing to go which shows a good attitude, he said. Thats the most important thing. If you can control your attitude, that takes care of a lot of the performance.A central figure in the fit-again stakes is Vernon Philander, who missed most of the previous season after tearing ankle ligaments during warm-ups ahead of AB de Villiers 100th Test against India in Bangalore. Philander made a comeback towards the end of the season and is now aiming to reclaim his place in the Test side to face New Zealand in August. He is also hoping to inspire the younger generation.As much as its for me to get back, its also to share my knowledge with these guys out here, Philander said. As long as I can help the younger ones coming through as well, I think Ive played my part in South African cricket.Someone like Sisanda Magala, a fast-bowling allrounder from the Eastern Cape, could benefit from having Philander around. Magala was the second highest wicket-taker for Warriors in the first-class competition and 13th overall with 27 wickets at 27.00, and is making his debut for the A side. I am very excited. Its my first time going overseas and my first time playing for South Africa A, so theres definitely lots of emotions going around, Magala said. I will try and be like a sponge and absorb as much as I can, learn from them, because they have been at this level for a long time.Another hopeful is Cobras four-day captain, Omphile Ramela, who has emerged as a promising top-order batsman. At 28, Ramela, who finished ninth on the first-class run charts with 592 runs at 42.28, seems to be entering his prime, and sees the A tour as taking him a little closer to the South African side. Its a stepping stone. I am trying to get closer to playing for the Proteas, Ramela said. These tours are important. Its important that we keep learning as players. I am still learning as a player, but I will be trying to help where I can.South Africa play two four-day matches in Zimbabwe, two in Australia, and then a quadrangular 50-over tournament in Australia, in which Wayne Parnell will take over from Cook as captain. Andrija Novakovich Jersey . Despite dominating possession, Schalke needed an own goal from Nicolas Hoefler for the breakthrough a minute before the interval. The Freiburg midfielder misjudged Jefferson Farfans corner and bundled the ball into his own net. Tim Ream USA Jersey . It was the kind of score that might make everyone else wonder which course he was playing. Except that Graeme McDowell saw the whole thing. Crouched behind the 10th green at Sheshan International, McDowell looked over at the powerful American and said, "Ive probably seen 18 of the best drives Ive seen all year in the last two days. http://www.soccerusateamonline.com/Bill-Hamid-America-Jersey/ . Wall made the comment in a speech to a Regina business crowd that included Lesnar. The U.S. wrestler and retired mixed martial artist says he was visiting his brothers farm in Saskatchewan and decided he wanted to hear what the premier had to say. Gyasi Zardes USA Jersey . With their top three point guards and Kobe Bryant all sidelined by injury, the Lakers signed Marshall out of the D-League on Friday before their home game against Minnesota. Sebastian Lletget Jersey .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. Olympic veteran David Andersen says mixed results in their warm-up games hasnt changed Australias end goal in Rio of a basketball gold medal.The Australians arrived in the Olympic city on Monday night with two wins tempered by two losses during preparations but Andersen, playing in his fourth Games, wasnt reading too much into the results.We try not to gauge ourselves in the warm-up games because its about getting the team on the same page, he said.Youre learning new offence, new teammates so its a matter of building progress in your team and weve been doing that.While USA are the heavy favourites to win gold, which they have done at the past two Olympics, Andersen said the Boomers were in it to win it.Weve always said the target is a medal so we are going for that gold medal, he said.Weve put the bar high and expeectation is high so were coming out to try to live up to that.ddddddddddddPoint guard Patty Mills didnt play against China due to a virus but is expected to turn out for a midweek scrimmage against Spain before their opening Olympic game against France on August 6.Star centre Andrew Bogut looked to have pulled up well on his injured knee as he arrived in Rio from Sao Paulo after his first game in six weeks against China on Sunday.Andersen said Bogut brought more to the team than just skills.He has a great presence around the team, the 36-year-old said said.He has experience, hes won a championship and he brings an air of confidence to our team so its great to see him on the court again. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 40 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen