Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

qualifying time doesnt mean that my effort or anyone elses is any less

in Die 100 14.08.2019 08:51
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- Rookie Luis Perdomos big league debut must seem like a long time ago.Perdomo pitched seven solid innings, Matt Kemp homered twice and drove in four runs and the San Diego Padres beat the Washington Nationals 5-3 on Friday night.The Padres have watched the 23-year-old right hander steadily evolve after allowing six runs in one relief inning in his first major league game.I always go back to that first outing he had, Opening Day against the Dodgers, and he just looked shell-shocked on the mound, manager Andy Green said. And now this guy knows that he can navigate through the Washington Nationals lineup at this point in the season.Perdomo (4-4) is 3-0 with a 3.47 ERA in his last four starts. After allowing a pair of first-inning runs, he limited the National to two hits over the final six innings of his longest outing. He got 13 outs via ground balls.I really just followed my plan, Perdomo said through an interpreter. I kept my pitches low and I was able to use my sinker to get some outs.Brandon Maurer pitched 1 1/3 innings for his fourth save.Kemp hit a solo shot in the first inning and gave San Diego the lead for good with a three-run homer in the fifth. He has six homers in his last six games and the Padres have homered in 20 straight, the longest streak in the National League this season.Jayson Werth and Daniel Murphy homered for Washington. The Nationals have lost four of five.People ask me what do we need? We need some timely two-out base hits. Not home runs, manager Dusty Baker said. We rely on home runs, which is fine. But you need some timely two-out hits or two or three consecutive hits, which we arent getting.Tanner Roark (9-6) turned in his shortest outing since June 5, lasting just five innings. He allowed five runs on four hits and surrendered two homers in a game for the first time this season.I didnt have my best stuff by any means tonight, Roark said. I stunk.Both teams were warned after Washingtons Oliver Perez hit Brett Wallace with a pitch to open the ninth.Washington pitchers hit three batters and San Diego hurlers hit one.Wilson Ramos had three hits for Washington.San Diego trailed 2-1 when Wallace was hit leading off the fifth and scored on a two-out single by Melvin Upton Jr. After Ryan Schimpf walked, Kemp homered to center off a 2-1 Roark fastball for his 22nd of the season.Murphys solo shot pulled Washington to 5-3 in the eighth.Kemp made it 1-0 when he deposited Roarks 3-1 pitch into the Padres bullpen.He left a couple of (fastballs) up there in the zone, Kemp said.Werth tied it in the bottom of the first with a line shot to center. He has reached base in 26 consecutive games.Bryce Harper then walked, stole second and scored on Ramos single.TRAINERS ROOMNationals: RHP Joe Ross (right shoulder inflammation) will make a rehab start Sunday at Class-A Hagerstown. ... LHP Sammy Solis (right knee inflammation) began a rehab assignment with Class-A Potomac on Friday night and pitched a scoreless inning. ... 1B Ryan Zimmerman (left ribcage strain) went 1 for 5 with a two-run single and four strikeouts Friday night in his second rehab game with Potomac.PADRES SIGN ONAThe Padres Friday have agreed to terms with outfielder Jorge Ona. Ona, 19, was ranked by MLB.com as the No. 8 International prospect in the 2016 class and ranked by Baseball America as the fourth-best Cuban player available earlier this year. Its a 2017 contract, General Manager A.J. Preller said in a conference call. Hell hopefully come here for (the fall) instructional league and then report for spring training and start his pro career next season.MURPHY MASHINGMurphy has hit safely in nine straight games. During the streak hes hitting .382 (13-for-34) with five doubles, five homers, and 14 RBI.UP NEXTPadres: RHP Edwin Jackson (1-1, 4.76), who spent 2012 with the Nationals, will make his second start since joining the Padres. He allowed three runs on one hit over 6 1/3 innings to win his San Diego debut on July 17.Nationals: RHP Max Scherzer (10-6, 2.94) picked up a no-decision Sunday in an 18-inning loss to Pittsburgh despite allowing one run in seven innings. He has given up one run or less in each of his last four starts. Bill Bates Cowboys Jersey .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. Emmitt Smith Cowboys Jersey . Badenhop was 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA in 63 relief appearances for Milwaukee this season. He is 18-20 in his career with three saves and a 3. http://www.cowboysrookieproshop.com/ . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. Deion Sanders Youth Jersey . Olli Jokinen, Mark Scheifele, and Bryan Little each had a goal and an assist as Winnipeg won 5-2, handing Calgary its record-setting seventh consecutive loss on home ice. Custom Dallas Cowboys Jerseys . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska hadnt planned to run its offense through Tai Webster and Jack McVeigh Saturday. It just worked out that the pair each had career scoring nights to lead the Huskers over Louisiana Tech 65-54.Webster had 17 of his 23 points in the first half, many of them coming off drives to the basket on which he either scored or went to the free throw line where he hit 7 of 8 shots.It just kind of played out that way, Webster said of his drives. Theyre a real aggressive defensive team and they force a lot of turnovers, obviously, Im living proof of it. I was just trying to match the aggression and not let me be on the back foot from it. Just attack them, bring the game to them.McVeigh scored 16 of his 21 points in the second half after the Bulldogs sent multiple defenders at Webster.Honestly, the shots just came to me, McVeigh said. They extended the pressure and with the pressure comes rotations and with rotations theres an open man. My teammates found me. Four of the six (field goals) were assisted on. Theyre easy looks when Im getting good passes from my teammates.Nebraska (3-0) led 45-41 when McVeigh hit a 3-pointer with 11:56 left, followed that up with a layup and Evan Taylor knocked down a jumper with 9:53 remaining that put the Huskers up 52-41.Louisiana Tech (1-2) traded baskets with Nebraska over the next six minutes, with Ed Morrow Jrs dunk giving the Huskers a 60-50 lead with 3:53 left. But Nebraska didnt hit another field goal.The Bulldogs Erik McCree hit a pair of jumpers to cut the Nebraska lead to six with 57 seconds left. But McVeigh hit two of three free throws and Webster added a pair to seal the win.Theres no question, we really just couldnt get over the hump and really build some momentum, said Louisiana Tech coach Eric Konkol. It seemed like every time we got close, we missed a shot or we turned it over or theyd get a bucket on the other end. We just coulldnt get over the hump tonight.dddddddddddd Got to give them a lot of credit. I thought they played some stingy defense and made it very difficult on us.Nebraska coach Tim Miles also praised the defense of his six primary players and particularly their toughness at the end.I thought the last four minutes we were a very, very tough team, Miles said. I thought there was a stretch in there where they were out-toughing us. But I thought we finished it the way they were doing it earlier. That was really important. Were not going to win otherwise.Nebraska won the game at the free throw line, outscoring Louisiana Tech by 15 from the stripe. The Huskers hit 11 of 12 first half free throws while Louisiana Tech was just 4 of 10. Nebraska hit 10 of 12 free throws in the second half. The Bulldogs were 2 of 2.McCree led Louisiana Tech with 16 points.QUOTABLEMcVeigh and Webster are roommates and were asked who had to buy dinner since they both had career highs Saturday. Webster replied: I guess I have to, hes the older one. Ill probably cook something. Out of the two, Im the best. He hooked me up the other day with some good seafood. So well see.THE BIG PICTURENebraska: Nebraska continues to search for production from its bench. Nebraskas non-starters contributed just 2 points in the first half and six in the second half in a combined 53 minutes of time on the floor.Louisiana Tech: Louisiana Tech has one more trip to a power 5 conference school in its first six games, playing at California on Nov. 30. The Bulldogs have lost at South Carolina and Nebraska.UP NEXTNebraska travels to Fullerton, Calif. where it will meet Dayton in the opening round of the Wooden Legacy tournament Thursday.Louisiana Tech returns home to Ruston, La. where it will host Oklahoma Baptist Wednesday. ' ' 'use guard Josh Boutte has been suspended on game for a flagrant foul at the end of last weeks loss, when he flatted Wisconsin defensive back DCota Dixon as he celebrated his game-sealing interception. Miles indicated that Maea Teuhema, who spent the offseason transitioning from guard to tackle, will be back at guard this week to fill in for Bouttee.---AP College Football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 60 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen