Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

n.The Clips are perpetually one wing short,

in Die 100 09.08.2019 08:45
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

DENVER -- The Colorado Rockies came out swinging and put San Diego in an early deficit. Unlike Monday, the Padres answered the challenge. Nick Hundley homered and drove in two runs, Will Venable had three hits, and San Diego rallied to beat the Rockies 7-5 on Tuesday night. Jedd Gyorko also went deep for the second straight night for the Padres, who rebounded from a 14-2 loss to the Rockies on Monday. "You cant completely wash it out," Gyorko said. "We showed resiliency to fight back the way we did." San Diego beat the Rockies for just the fourth time in 15 games this season. Charlie Culberson had two hits and two RBIs, and Nolan Arenado and DJ LeMahieu also had two hits each for Colorado, which had its four-game winning streak snapped. The Padres got the win despite an uncharacteristic start from left-hander Eric Stults, who was 3-0 with a 3.35 ERA in six career starts against the Rockies. He had been dominant against them this season, going 2-0 with a 1.13 ERA, but that changed in a hurry. The first four batters reached for Colorado in the first inning, with Wilin Rosario delivering a two-run, bases-loaded single to centre to make it 2-1. One out later, Todd Helton and Culberson had RBI singles to stretch the lead to 4-1. "When teams are aggressive and you leave the ball generally good things arent going to happen for you," Stults said. "They put some good swings on them, I put myself in a hole early on." The four earned runs in one inning were double what Stults had previously allowed in 16 innings against Colorado this season. San Diego couldnt do much against Jhoulys Chacin on Monday, but the Padres jumped on Jeff Manship (0-2) in the second inning. Hundley hit a two-run homer, Stults singled and scored on Venables triple, and Venable came home on Alexi Amaristas single to give San Diego a 5-4 lead. Gyorko made it 6-4 in the third with his 12th home run. "All I can take out of this outing that was positive was just the fact that I was able to get to the fifth and kind of save the bullpen," Manship said. "But all in all, pretty bad performance." The Rockies loaded the bases with no outs in the third, but came away empty when Charlie Blackmon flied out to shallow centre and Manship grounded into a double play. "Big double play in the third with the bases loaded," Stults said. "Just happy for our team, especially after last night where we didnt play that well. To come from behind to win this game was big for us." The Padres played sloppy on a rain-soaked Monday night. They committed a season-high four errors, starter Edison Volquez was hit hard and the bullpen gave up six runs in the eighth. It was a much different scene Tuesday. San Diego played flawless defence and four relievers combined to give up one hit -- a broken-bat triple by pinch-hitter Corey Dickerson -- in 4 1-3 innings. "How about that? Bat shattered and went to the wall," manager Bud Black said. Colorado got within a run in the fifth when Arenado tripled and scored on a sacrifice fly, but the Padres made it 7-5 on Ronny Cedenos RBI single in the sixth. Stults left after Blackmon singled with two outs in the fifth and missed his chance for the victory. Tim Stauffer (2-1) pitched 1 1-3 scoreless innings for the win. "After the first inning started going to the fastball more, which was great," Black said of Stults. "Its a bummer he couldnt get Blackmon out to get through five." Huston Street got the final four outs for his 23rd save. "The strength of the Padres team for so many years has been the bullpen," Street said. "Theres a reason I dont have to pitch many four-out saves." Notes: Venable extended his hitting streak to 10 games. It ties the longest streak of his career, which he did in September 2010. ... Colorado manager Walt Weiss said Rosario tweaked his right hamstring running the bases in the first but was able to stay in the game. ... Rockies OF Michael Cuddyer rejoined the team after missing two games due to an illness. He wasnt in the starting lineup but pinch-hit in the fifth inning. ... Rockies RHP Tyler Chatwood (elbow inflammation) is scheduled to throw a bullpen session when the team is in Baltimore this weekend. ... San Diego will send RHP Andrew Cashner (8-6) against LHP Jorge De La Rosa (11-6) in Wednesdays finale of the three-game series. Shaquille ONeal Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Danny Ainge Celtics Jersey . Mitch Holmberg added a goal and three assists. Connor Chartier also scored for the Chiefs (3-0-0). Luke Harrison spoiled Garrett Hughsons shutout bid with a power-play goal at 13:17 of the third period. The Spokane goaltender finished with 28 saves, including a Brandon Fushimi penalty shot in the second period that would have tied the game 1-1. http://www.celticssale.com/kids-gordon-hayward-celtics-jersey/ . Wall made the comment in a speech to a Regina business crowd that included Lesnar. The U.S. wrestler and retired mixed martial artist says he was visiting his brothers farm in Saskatchewan and decided he wanted to hear what the premier had to say. Marcus Smart Celtics Jersey . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. Jayson Tatum Jersey . Numbers Game looks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick. NEW YORK -- Five days after he was traded, Andrew Miller was back at Yankee Stadium with the Cleveland Indians.Its kind of weird, the reliever said before Fridays series opener. Its not the most exciting thing to pitch against these guys after playing with them for the last year and a half.Miller signed a $36 million, four-year contract with the Yankees before the 2015 season, saved 36 games, then was bumped back to the eighth inning for much of this year after the Yankees acquired Aroldis Chapman from Cincinnati.Miller formed the Yankees No Runs DMC bullpen trip with Chapman and Dellin Betances. The T-shirts the Yankees had been selling for $39.99 were gone from the stadium team stores Friday,It was neat. Ive never been part of a marketing effort, I dont think, Miller said.With the Yankees record around .500, they traded Chapman to the Chicago Cubs for three prospects and pitcher Adam Warren on July 25, then dealt Miller six days later to the AL Central leaders for four prospects.I think CC made it a lot easier on me, Miller said in a reference to Yankees pitcher CC Sabathia, who pitched for the Indians from 2001-08. I went by the clubhouse and was packing my bags, and he told me I was going to love it and the people and the organization were great, the city was great, this and that. He put me in contact with a couple people ... and I think that kind of eased things a little and took a little bit of the nerves out of it.ddddddddddddMiller, a 31-year-old left-hander, joined his sixth big league team. He pitched for Detroit (2006-07), Florida (2008-10), Boston (2011-14) and Baltimore (2014) before signing with New York.Obviously were all excited to see him, but maybe not so excited to see him in a game, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. Its a guy that impacted our clubhouse and our team in a year and a half as much as anyone Ive ever seen.Girardi praised Miller for his willingness to say, `Ill step down. I dont need to close. Lets just do whatever it takes to win here.Millers young son Max will miss playing in the Yankee Stadium family room. But dad already has adjusted to life after the Yankees. He was unshaven.Its more just me being lazy. I think Im not a huge fan of shaving, he said. If I dont have to, I probably wont very often. But its not any sort of statement or anything.Game notes Cleveland recalled left-hander Shawn Morimando from Columbus and optioned left-hander Ryan Merritt and infielder Eric Gonzalez to the Triple-A farm team. Utilityman Michael Martinez reported after he was claimed off waivers from Boston. Cleveland designated him for assignment on July 2, then traded him to the Red Sox. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 114 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen