Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

istakes, theyre aggressive mistakes.

in Abschnitt 1 29.07.2019 07:54
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

SAO PAULO -- Lukas Klosertmann and Nils Peterson scored to send Germany into the Olympic gold-medal match for the first time with a 2-0 semifinal victory over Nigeria on Wednesday.The Germans will play Brazil on Saturday at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro. The stadium was the site of the countrys World Cup victory in 2014, a few days after the German senior team embarrassed Brazil 7-1 in the semifinals.Brazil defeated Honduras 6-0 earlier in the day at the Maracana to put the hosts in the final. Neymar scored a pair of goals.Is there anything more beautiful than playing an Olympic final at Maracana against Brazil? It is amazing, fabulous, Germany coach Horst Hrubesch said.Nigeria will face Honduras in the bronze-medal match on Saturday in Belo Horizonte.Klostermann scored in the ninth minute off a cross from captain Maximillian Meyer, beating fallen Nigeria goalkeeper Emmanuel Daniel.Nigerias Jon Obi Mikel had a good chance in the 31st minute but was off the mark. Mikel, who plays for Chelsea, is one of the three senior players that Nigeria added to the Olympic roster. The mens tournament is played among under-23 teams.Peterson charged in and directed Davie Selkes cross into the far corner in the 89th minute. It was Petersons sixth goal of the tournament.We didnt play well. We dont deserve to be in the final, Mikel said.Nigerias Olympic run received attention when the teams arrival in Brazil was delayed by a flight mix-up until just hours before their opening match.Nigeria won gold at the 1996 Olympics with a 3-2 victory over Argentina, then won silver in 2008, falling to Argentina 1-0 in the final.Germany is playing at the Olympics for the first time since 1998, when U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann was on the team. Germany has the competitions best attack with 21 goals. It eliminated Portugal 4-0 in the quarterfinals.The German womens national team is also playing in the gold-medal match against Sweden on Friday, marking the first time a nation has had both its men and women in a soccer final at the same Olympics. Jim Otto Jersey .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. Antonio Brown Raiders Jersey . -- Arizona knocked off some quality opponents, rolled over a few overmatched ones and grinded out victories even when things didnt go so well. http://www.shoptheraidersonline.com/Elite-Bo-Jackson-Raiders-Jersey/ . In Europe, top teams seem to be largely happy with their squads after spending nearly $1 billion in the off-season. And although English league clubs are unlikely to splash cash in January, Arsenal and Chelsea could be tempted to strengthen their squads with new strikers. Ronnie Lott Youth Jersey . Mitch Holmberg added a goal and three assists. Connor Chartier also scored for the Chiefs (3-0-0). Luke Harrison spoiled Garrett Hughsons shutout bid with a power-play goal at 13:17 of the third period. The Spokane goaltender finished with 28 saves, including a Brandon Fushimi penalty shot in the second period that would have tied the game 1-1. Willie Brown Youth Jersey . -- Claudio Bieler hadnt scored since early September, and not from the run of play since mid-July. Jared Bednar waited a long time to be in an NHL game. Hell finally get his chance when the Colorado Avalanche open their season against the Dallas Stars.Bednar, a career minor league player and coach, makes his debut behind Colorados bench after his quick hire Aug. 25. Bednar brings championship experience from the minors, winning titles in the AHL and ECHL, but more important for the Avalanche he brings a different style after two disappointing seasons.Bednars system emphasizes speed coupled with an aggressive, pressure game.I have a style of play that I think works in todays NHL game, Bednar told NHL.com. I think we have to be an aggressive team. The game is getting faster every day and I think you have to play an up-tempo style. You have to attack. And thats not just offensively but defensively as well.Bednar has also stressed moving the puck out of the zone, so quick passes from the defensemen to the forwards to start the breakout. Colorado has spent too much time in its own end the past few seasons, which led to Avalanche goaltenders facing a lot of shots every game.We still go D to D, defenseman Tyson Barrie told The Denver Post. Its going to be D to D with a purpose, to get it in the forwards hands.The Avalanche have reached the postseason once in the last six seasons -- in 2014, when Patrick Roy led Colorado to 112 points and the Central Division title in his first year as the coach. The team struggled with poor starts the next two years and missed the playoffs.Roys abrupt resignation Aug. 11 forced an unexpected coaching search that snagged Bednar from the Columbus system. While Avalanche players said they were stunned by Roys departure, they are embracing Bednars system.ddddddddddddIts great for me, 21-year-old center Nathan MacKinnon told The Denver Post. I can just skate and not think so much. Be aggressive. I think the biggest thing is that if were going to make mistakes, theyre aggressive mistakes. Weve been very passive the last couple of seasons.One thing that contributed to Colorado missing the playoffs the last two years was bad starts to those seasons. The Avalanche are hoping a 6-0 preseason portends a fast start to this year, similar to the 12-1 mark they had at the beginning of the 2013-14 campaign.It wont be easy against a Dallas team that won the Central Division last year and beat Anaheim 4-2 in its season opener on Thursday. The play of goalie Antti Niemi in the win, after a tough finish to last season, has the Stars feeling confident going into Saturdays game at Pepsi Center.I am really happy with the preseason and with all the practice we have done, Niemi told the Dallas Morning News. I just want to keep doing the same thing here and not worry that this was the season opener.Niemi was 1/3 with a 3.29 goals-against average in the playoffs last season, but if Thursday is any indication he is back on track.He faced 17 shots in the first period against the Ducks and finished with 33 saves.I thought Antti was excellent, Stars coach Lindy Ruff told the Dallas Morning News. That first period, we had some bad decisions, gave up some odd-numbered rushes, gave up three two-on-ones where he made real good saves. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 24 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen