Nepenplay geschlossen
Mitglieder der 100
Grounder
Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

ole fifth inning was a problem for us, Astros manager A.J. Hinch said. We needed some gu

in Die 100 26.07.2019 10:34
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

Two former teammates who will lock horns in Saturday nights All-Stars game are both still pinching themselves ahead of the first season of the AFLs national womens league.Western Bulldogs midfielder Ellie Blackburn and Melbourne defender Melissa Hickey, both marquee signings, have this week been in camp with their respective squads gearing up for Saturdays clash at Whitten Oval.Blackburn, who had previously played for the Demons in exhibition games, said it would be a little strange playing against her old teammates, but was looking forward to the contest featuring some of the best female talent from around Australia.It will definitely be different playing for the Bulldogs instead of Melbourne, but for me its the start of something new and Im so excited to be playing for the Dogs, the 21-year-old told ESPN.It will be a chance to showcase womens footy at the highest level; there are so many talented footballers playing this weekend and we can all come together and play a really great standard of football.The nationally-televised contest will feature players who will likely be early selections in next months inaugural AFL womens draft.Teams will be 16-a-side, with six interchange players, while the ball is slightly smaller than the one used in previous exhibition contests. The changes have been made with the aim of reducing congestion and increasing scoring.Hickey said she was proud to again be running out for Melbourne, adding the club had fully committed to embracing the womens game.Im really lucky to be playing for the Dees ... Ive been around the club for three years now and I feel were part of the culture and theyve really welcomed us into the inner sanctum, she told ESPN.[Theres] been nothing but genuine support and buy-in from the whole club and the players, whenever we come to the club. Its really special to continue that journey with them. I was absolutely thrilled when it was announced I could join them [as a marquee player].Ive been part of the Demons since 2013, with the exhibition series, and played every game with them ... Saturday should be an even better standard [than previous games].Here in Victoria weve had 12 months of improvement and it [the standard] has increased here, and Im sure the same is happening in the other states ... its probably not ideal the amount of time we get to train together to develop understanding of how each other plays, the game style and structure, but the 16-a-side [match] should be a very free-flowing and high-scoring game, so hopefully its a great spectacle and a great display of womens footy.Hickey, 31, knows she is nearer to the end of her career than the start of it, but said she was so thankful the womens league was being introduced before she hung up her boots.Its amazing - I have to keep pinching myself, its a dream come true to be able to play in the league next year, she said. I think they initially started talking about 2020 as a date when it could start so I was concerned thatd be at the very end of my career; so when it was announced for next year, I was rapt.Im 31 but Im feeling the fittest Ive ever felt, so Im not too concerned about it; hopefully Ive got a few good years still left in me.Blackburn is at the other end of the spectrum, and could potentially forge a decade-long career at the highest level.Me coming into it at the age I am now is really beneficial and Im really fortunate that weve now got access to a womens league; Im only 21 and hopefully I can stick around for the next decade and play some really good footy, she said.While they will be on opposing sides come Saturday, the duo is on the same page when it comes to the importance of the leagues introduction.From a young age I used to joke around with my mates that I was going to be one of the first females to play AFL and to think back, it was literally a joke because we never thought it would happen.But when the AFL announced theyd set up a national womens league in 2017, it was overwhelming and it took my breath away, Blackburn said.Since then, theres been so much build-up and hype around it - its been amazing and the response has been truly wonderful. Theres so much excitement, all the girls are constantly talking about it, always using the hashtag #journeyto2017 - its always in our thoughts. Its something thats going to be great for the sport itself and for womens sport.As a young girl growing up, my idols were all male footballers and now, they [younger women] can look up and see someone they want to aspire to be, Hickey said. We get to go out to schools and a lot of the kids look up at you and say they play and love footy ... its very powerful to have female role models. Balenciaga Shoes On Sale Cheap .ca NHL Power Rankings for the second straight week, ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche. Discount Balenciaga Shoes . The Brazilian goalkeeper signed a loan deal with the Major League Soccer club on Friday as he looks to get playing time ahead of this summers World Cup in his home country. http://www.discountbalenciaga.com/ . The nimble-footed quarterback got his wish, dashing through the snow and a weary defence all the way into the NCAA record book. Balenciaga Shoes Wholesale China . -- There were so many positives from the Orlando Magics first victory of the season that it was hard for coach Jacque Vaughn to stop praising his players. Balenciaga Shoes Cheap Sale . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. CLEVELAND -- Carlos Carrasco wasnt about to let a bug in his eye get in the way of winning a game.Carrasco overcame the bug -- followed by a home run one batter later -- and the Cleveland Indians defeated the Houston Astros 6-5 on Wednesday night.The game-time temperature was 87 degrees, causing swarms of midges to journey from Lake Erie to the muggy ballpark. A bug flew into Carrascos left eye as he threw a pitch to Yuli Gurriel in the fourth inning.That was weird, he said. I tried to throw a curveball and maybe threw it 20 feet.Carrasco bent over and a trainer made a brief visit to the mound. Gurriel singled on the next pitch and Colby Rasmus hit the first pitch into the seats in right field, giving Houston a 3-2 lead.It doesnt feel good, Carrasco said of the bug attack. Thats the first time this has happened to me but I had to come back and get people out.Carrasco (11-7) regrouped after the homer, allowing four runs in 7 1/3 innings.Players in the field and batters box spent the night slapping away the bugs.They were everywhere, Indians manager Terry Francona said. In the dugout its hard to sense it but when you get on the field, man, they were all over the place.Mike Napolis two-run homer off Doug Fister (12-11) gave Cleveland a 4-3 lead in the fifth. Pinch-hitter Brandon Guyer added a two-run double in the inning and the Indians extended their lead over Detroit to 5 1/2 games in the AL Central.Cody Allen gave up a leadoff single in the ninth, but struck out the next three batters, including Jose Altuve -- the ALs leading hitter -- to earn his 25th save.Those are situations you dont like them all the time but in hindsight you enjoy them, Allen said. Its competition at its best -- game on the line. Hes one of the best hitters in the game.The loss cost Houston a chance to gain ground in the AL wild card race.dddddddddddd The Astros still trail Baltimore by two games.Houston still led by a run when Francisco Lindor singled to start the fifth. Napoli hit his 31st homer -- a 433-foot blast three-quarters of the way up the bleachers in left field.Guyer, batting for Tyler Naquin, doubled in two more runs off Kevin Chapman.The whole fifth inning was a problem for us, Astros manager A.J. Hinch said. We needed some guys to get some outs, but I didnt have a lot of guys available (out of the bullpen).Gurriel hit his first major league home run -- a two-run blast off Andrew Miller in the eighth.Lindor was 3 for 4 for his 23rd three-hit game, a major league high. Lonnie Chisenhall had three hits and an RBI for Cleveland.FIFTH SPOT UPDATEMike Clevinger will start for the Indians in Minnesota on Saturday. He allowed a run in 1 2/3 innings, throwing 43 pitches, and took the loss Monday against the Astros, a game in which Cleveland used eight pitchers. Josh Tomlin, removed from the rotation last week, will also be available.TRAINERS ROOMAstros: SS Carlos Correa was sent back to Houston because of inflammation in his left shoulder.Indians: C Yan Gomes (separated right shoulder) caught five innings for Triple-A Columbus on Wednesday, his first time behind the plate since being injured July 17.UP NEXTAstros: RHP David Paulino, one of Houstons top prospects, makes his big league debut Thursday. He went 5-4 with a 2.00 ERA at three minor league levels covering 20 outings.Indians: RHP Trevor Bauer tossed seven scoreless innings in a May 10 victory at Minute Maid Park. He is 4-0 with a 0.67 ERA in four career starts against the Astros. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 66 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen