Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

season with Torontos ?AAA affiliate in Buffalo, ?Anthop

in Bewerbungsunterlagen 17.07.2019 10:48
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Duffy Waldorf is hoping this early lead will culminate with a Sunday night celebration. Waldorf shot a 4-under 68 on Friday to take a one-stroke lead over Jeff Sluman after the soggy, weather-delayed second round of the Regions Tradition, the second of five Champions Tour majors. Waldorf had three birdies and a bogey on both the first nine holes and the last nine to top the Shoal Creek leaderboard at 9-under 135. The Champions Tour rookie led after two rounds last week in Iowa in the Principal Charity Classic, but closed with a 1-under 71 to tie for third. Waldorf also led shared the first-round lead with Jay Haas two weeks ago at the Senior PGA Championship, but is hoping to finish in the top position this time. "My friend was telling me, I dont really care if youre leading after the first or second round or even the third. Just lead after the fourth," he said. "Its not NASCAR, so I dont get extra points for how many laps I lead. But youve got to be near the top to have a chance and Im really happy to be near the top." Sluman, the first-round leader, had a 71. Fred Couples, Mark Calcavecchia, Michael Allen and Canadian Rod Spittle were three strokes back. Couples had a 71, Calcavecchia and Allen shot 69, and Spittle had a 66. Two-time defending champion Tom Lehman was 4 under after a 71. He made a double bogey on 17 and a bogey on 18 in fading light. A four-time PGA Tour winner, Waldorfs only lead at the mid-point of a major came in the 2002 British Open. Waldorf, who was on No. 3 when play was halted Friday, tied for 18th that time. Waldorf followed a 15-foot birdie putt on No. 5 with an 18-footer on the next hole. His highlight might have been the 30-plus footer on No. 12. The Champions Tour major at Shoal Creek was delayed 3 hours, 13 minutes with lightning in the area, and there was a steady rain for much of that time. The players finished late in the evening with darkness approaching at 8:01 p.m. "I thought it would be a longer delay," Waldorf said. "It really poured there for a while. We were looking outside and we were going, My gosh, its going to take hours for the course to drain. But we got back out pretty quick." Sluman had an eagle on the par-5 third hole, two birdies and three bogeys after matching his best opening round score on the Champions Tour with a 65. Given the conditions and his spot near the top of the leaderboard, Sluman wasnt fretting too much about a more mundane follow-up round to his opening score. "I feel all right where Im at," said Sluman, who won the Legends of Golf with Brad Faxon in April. "Its the best I can do. I signed my card correctly, I hope, at the end of the day. And I didnt shoot myself out of it, certainly. Its days like this that win you the tournaments as much as shooting a really low score. "When youre just struggling a little bit, youre in between clubs, youre not making anything really happening and you dont go out and shoot 75 or 76, so Im happy with that." Couples managed all three of his birdies on the final eight holes but had two bogeys. He had near-misses on a couple of makeable birdie putts early. "I hit way too many balls," Couples said. "I came out and practiced a little longer, and then we went out and hung out in the van and left the grounds to have lunch. Im tired now, but I felt pretty good out there. I just couldnt hit the ball close enough, and when I did, I had some pretty good putts and I felt like I putted well but nothing went in." Spittle, who is conditionally exempt this year, had five birdies and a bogey during a seven-hole stretch on the back nine. He won the 2010 AT&T Championship. Brad Bryant, who has been bothered by foot problems, withdrew after the round ended. Hydro Flask Ombre Sale .ca! Kerry, Two nights after the Scott-Eriksson incident in Buffalo, the Bruins returned home to play San Jose. In that game, Zdeno Chara put a check on Tommy Wingels that clearly targeted his head. Hydro Flask Near Me . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. http://www.hydroflasksalenearme.com/ . Most important, perhaps, it went off without a hitch. Organizers poked a little fun at the now-infamous opening ceremony gaffe that saw only four out of five snowflakes open up into rings, leaving the Olympics logo one ring short. Hydro Flask Sale Near Me . For the Wild it was their first win of the season and they now have a record of 1-1-2 while the Jets fall to 2-2. Jets start a six game home stand Friday with another divisional game, home to the Dallas Stars. Hydro Flask Outlet . Numbers Game looks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick.Despite having more than one-quarter of the season left to be played, Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos is already answering questions about what he intends to do to strengthen the club heading into next year. Speaking on TSN Drive Wednesday night, the fourth-year GM said the team is intent on acquiring a new second baseman and at least one additional starter. Expected to be among the American Leagues contenders following a wave of off-season trades and signings, the Jays sit 12.5 games back in the wild card race and 16 back of the A.L. East-leading Boston Red Sox heading into action Thursday night. “Primarily it comes down to the rotation,” Anthopoulos said of the teams failure to live up to expectations. “Were last in baseball in starters ERA and thats not what we expected. It was something that we felt was going to be a strength.” With the additions of R.A. Dickey, Josh Johnson and Mark Buehrle coupled with incumbents Brandon Morrow, Ricky Romero and J.A. Happ, Torontos rotation was thought to be a strength, but a combination of injuries and inconsistency have – at times – plagued every member of the starting staff. “Whether it was Josh Johnsons performance or being out or Brandon Morrow being out for the bulk of the year or even relying on J.A. Happ or Romero to be our fifth starter and Happ has missed a lot of time -- so three-fifths of the rotation being out,” Anthopoulos said. “You add it all up and youre not going to have the rotation you expected to.” Although the team is expected to have starters Drew Hutchison and Kyle Drabek back once rosters expand in September following serious arm issues, Anthopoulos isnt willing to rely on the starters to be the teams saviours in 2014.dddddddddddd “Dont know yet what to expect from those guys,” Anthopoulos said. “Long-term we believe in them, but I dont know that were prepared to say that theyre going to be mainstays in the rotation.” Regarding, the teams former ace, Romero who has had an up-and-down season with Torontos ?AAA affiliate in Buffalo, ?Anthopoulos sounded less enthusiastic, saying the team “cant make plans to have him in the rotation” at this point. Instead, Anthoupolos said he will be looking to add arms from outside the organization to go along with a defense–first second baseman. “I think absolutely, at a minimum, well have to add one starter,” he said. “At second base I think were going to have to go out and get someone who is a defender.” Besides the rotation struggles, the teams defense – which is third last in the A.L. with 83 errors – has also been a sore spot. Still, the GM said he has been impressed with the play of outfielders Colby Rasmus and Jose Bautista and believes a full season out of Jose Reyes and Brett Lawrie will provide a boost to the left side of the infield. In addition to finding a new double play partner for Reyes, Anthopoulos was non-committal to incumbent first baseman/DH Adam Lind, who has a club option for next season, saying the team has “some decisions to make” on the 30-year-old. In regard to Tuesdays trade of Emilio Bonifacio, Anthopoulos said the 28-year-old, who was once thought of as a key component of the blockbuster trade with the Marlins, never got off on the right foot in Toronto. “He really didnt get off to the start we hoped he would, never got going defensively or with the bat, lost quite a bit of playing time.” ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 12 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen