Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

yond that, nor would he say when Earnhardt

in Tribute 16.07.2019 10:51
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- West Virginia cornerback Rasul Douglas wanted TCU to have a taste of what the Horned Frogs did to the Mountaineers a year ago.Douglas had an interception to set up a touchdown and No. 12 West Virginia held TCU scoreless in the second half of a 34-10 win Saturday.It was the second straight blowout in the series after TCU won 40-10 last year in Fort Worth, Texas. Their first three games after joining the Big 12 in 2012 were decided on the final snap, including two that went to overtime.We owed them, Douglas said. No disrespect to them, but we owed them as a team.A retooled defense that has vastly improved over the past month is one reason why West Virginia (6-0, 3-0 Big 12) is off to its best start since winning its first seven games in 2006.I thought it was our most complete game, said West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen. It feels good to be 6-0. Its hard to win. So when you do, youve got to enjoy it a little bit.TCU (4-3, 2-2) had only five second-half possessions. Three ended in punts, Deante Gray fumbled away a kickoff and the final possession ended on downs.This one went the Mountaineers way from the start. West Virginia scored touchdowns in the games first six minutes after two TCU turnovers -- another fumbled kickoff by Gray and Douglas interception of Kenny Hill.West Virginias Skyler Howard threw four touchdowns passes, including tosses of 10, 22 and 11 yards to three different receivers to stake the Mountaineers to a 21-10 halftime lead. Helped by some impressive catches by his receivers, including KaRaun Whites diving 16-yard TD grab in the third quarter, Howard finished 16 of 23 passing for 231 yards.To have guys like that to bail you out, its great as a quarterback, Howard said. It makes your job a lot easier.West Virginia used scoring drives of 11 and 15 plays in the third quarter to eat up most of the clock.THE TAKEAWAYTCU: With a bye week to fix an offense that was lethargic in a close win at Kansas , not much worked for the Horned Frogs against West Virginia. Hill completed 18 of 31 passes for a season-low 148 yards. TCUs 300 total yards also were a season worst.TCU was saddled with its most lopsided loss since joining the conference, surpassing a 23-point setback to Texas in 2013.The bottom line is youre not going to win any ball games if you turn the ball over, said TCU coach Gary Patterson. And if you cant move the ball, you dont score.West Virginia: The Mountaineers defense, which has nine new starters this season, is fast becoming the staple of this team. In successive weeks the Mountaineers have held high-scoring Texas Tech and TCU to their lowest point totals of the season.Our kids, I tell you, I keep saying it every week. Theyre fun to coach, said West Virginia defensive coordinator Tony Gibson. They just get it. They come in and they work. These guys, they just find a way.POLL IMPLICATIONSWest Virginia could be poised to edge closer to its first Top 10 appearance since October 2012 when the AP poll comes out Sunday.SHELL GAMEWith Justin Crawford limited to one carry after sustaining a sprained ankle last week, Rushel Shell got the bulk of the work for West Virginia, finishing with 117 yards on 24 carries. It was his second-straight 100-yard effort after he had 70 yards combined in the two games before that.UP NEXTTCU hosts Texas Tech next Saturday.West Virginia plays at Oklahoma State.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org Keyshawn Johnson Youth Jersey . "Four now," Carl Gunnarsson told the Leaf Report proudly following a 5-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night, the clubs fifth straight at home. Jachai Polite Youth Jersey .J. -- Seven games into a disappointing season, New York Giants defensive catalyst Jason Pierre-Paul is getting the feeling hes back. http://www.authenticnyjetspro.com/Dennis-byrd-jets-jersey/ . They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Goodell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. Quinnen Williams Youth Jersey . LOUIS -- Mike Smith is used to facing plenty of shots, so this was nothing new. Curtis Martin Jets Jersey . After Mondays hard-fought loss, the wait seemed longer than usual. Getting set to go their separate ways for a short Christmas break, the Raptors coach credited his team for their effort on a seemingly impossible three-game road trip, urging them to build on that success when they get back to work at the end of the week. LOUDON, N.H. -- About five minutes after he stepped out of the Dale Earnhardt Jr. car following qualifying Friday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Alex Bowman received a phone call.It was team owner Rick Hendrick on the line. Bowman, who had a respectable qualifying effort and will start 20th on Sunday in the New Hampshire 301, thanked Hendrick for the opportunity to get into Earnhardts car this weekend while Earnhardt is treated for concussion-like symptoms.Thats the first time Ive [ever] talked to him, Bowman, 23, said after hanging up the phone. It makes me feel really good that they trust me to come do this. ... If this is the only time to drive a Hendrick Cup car, how many people get to say they got a call to drive the 88 car?It means a lot to me. Hopefully it goes really well and I open some eyes. If not, then Im still really thankful to be here.Bowman, who drives part-time in the Xfinity Series for Earnhardt and Hendrick at JR Motorsports, said he had shaken Hendricks hand in the past. The phone call was one of the many highlights for Bowman on Friday, when he received more attention than teammate Jimmie Johnson, who won the pole for the race.This many people have never taken this many pictures of me in my entire life, no matter what Ive done, Bowman said. Its been pretty incredible. Its not the situation or circumstances Ive wanted it to be under, but its the best opportunity Ivee ever had in my life.ddddddddddddI have to make the most of it and not make any mistakes.Bowmans substitute role might last only one race. Jeff Gordon will step into the car next week at Indianapolis Motor Speedway if Earnhardt is not cleared to race. Hendrick Motorsports general manager Doug Duchardt would not speculate on drivers beyond that, nor would he say when Earnhardt could possibly return.So Bowman is in the position of trying not to be Superman but to show his ability. He spent the 2014 and 2015 seasons driving for the underfunded BK Racing and Tommy Baldwin Racing teams. He has a career best of 13th in 71 career Cup starts.[Earnhardt] has done a lot for my career, and I couldnt be any more thankful than I am, Bowman said. I owe him a lot. Its just been an honor to get the phone call to fill in for him.Bowman knows the odds are stacked against him for having a breakout moment Sunday. He has not driven a Sprint Cup car this year, with his laps Friday being his first in the 2016 low-downforce package. The Hendrick team also has been struggling as a whole, and the flat one-mile track isnt Bowmans best.We about melted a hole in the race track last year with the [car] burning to the ground on fire, Bowman said. Hopefully we have a better day than that. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 8 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen