Nepenplay geschlossen
Mitglieder der 100
Grounder
Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

and a plaque in his honor will be unveiled in Monument Park during the ceremony.Jeters number is

in Die 100 24.06.2019 08:44
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

Brigham Young plays the 57th-most difficult schedule nationally this season, according to ESPNs Football Power Index. Houstons schedule ranks 75th.Not enough to get your blood boiling as a magnificent lineup of Week 1 games nears its kickoff?Consider, then, the task before BYU, which opens Saturday night at Arizona before September dates with Utah, UCLA and West Virginia.I know when I played at BYU, I would have loved the opportunity to play this schedule, said first-year BYU coach Kalani Sitake, whose Cougars visit Michigan State and Boise State and host Mississippi State in consecutive October weeks.Houston takes center stage Saturday against third-ranked Oklahoma (noon ET, ABC). The reigning American Athletic Conference champion on Sept. 15 visits league rival, and fellow Big 12 hopeful, Cincinnati, which dispatched Miami last year in a similarly placed Thursday night game on ESPN.Were trained for chaos, Houston linebacker Steven Taylor said. We feel like were trained for anybody and anyone who comes our way.For BYU and Houston, widely considered to sit among the top candidates this year for Big 12 expansion, the importance of their high-profile, early season games extends no further than this fall. Despite the immediate challenges ahead, players and coaches at both schools said they view the tests of 2016 only as a method to measure these teams -- not as a Big 12 audition.No, second-year Houston coach Tom Herman said, because Ive been told by the people in charge that it isnt [an audition], and I trust them.BYU and Houston expressed interest this summer, among more than a 20 programs, in Big 12 membership after the leagues board of directors in July tasked commissioner Bob Bowlsby to explore options in growing the 10-team conference.For the Big 12 to evaluate Houston on its performance Saturday at NRG Stadium, Herman said, would be extremely short-sighted.I think that decision, Herman said, has to be very long-term, far-sighted vision.Not that it will stop fans and media this month -- and until Bowlsby moves forward -- from using the performances of BYU, Houston, Cincinnati and others to form beliefs on the viability of potential Big 12 additions.In fact, Houstons 2015 success, no doubt, greatly boosted its public perception as an expansion candidate. It finished 13-1 and ranked No. 8 after a Peach Bowl win over Florida State.Were still the same, disrespected, little old American Conference team with a giant chip on our shoulder, Herman said.The primary objective this season of Houston players remains to defend their league title.If we beat Oklahoma on Saturday, [AAC commissioner] Mike Aresco is not going to jog out to the 50-yard line and hand us the American championship trophy, Herman said.Never in discussing their goals did the Cougars set out to earn an invite to the Big 12.We dont let any outside influences, chatter, noise, any of that stuff, infiltrate our culture, Herman said. Our kids have done a great job of insulating themselves from all of that chatter, because at the end of the day, thats all it is.Taylor, the senior linebacker, offers another description for that chatter and noise.Theyre demons, he said, trying to distract the Cougars from their tasks at hand.Theres no future if we dont take care of the present, Taylor said.Its much the same story for the Cougars at BYU, accustomed to a difficult schedule. Last year, BYU, an FBS independent, played Nebraska, Boise State, UCLA and Michigan in the first month of the season.The normalcy of this upcoming lineup of Power 5 foes, according to senior receiver Mitchell Juergens, eliminates concern that BYU players might respond to this schedule as if something greater than usual was at stake.To create benefits for years to come, Juergens said, what it comes down to is how we play each week. Wed play harder teams if we could.The thing that I learned most from last year was how much of a mental game it is. Youve got to be strong. It takes 100 percent focus. It takes a lot of mental strength. Its draining, but to be honest, its a blast.Juergens, a 24-year-old former walk-on among five siblings in his family to attend BYU, wants badly to leave a strong legacy at the school.Every day, Juergens said, I count my blessings, because Im living a dream.If BYU earns a Big 12 invite -- because of its September success or not -- his class will be long remembered.Sitake played fullback for four seasons at BYU, concluding in 2000. The former Utah and Oregon State defensive coordinator said he noticed a sense of urgency from among his players because of three straight games against Pac-12 foes this month.I look at it as an opportunity for our players to see where our programs at, Sitake said. It doesnt prepare you for anything if you feel like any game is already a guaranteed win.Needless to say, not much of anything feels like a guarantee at BYU -- in the present or future. Sitake and his players simply dont have time to think about their Big 12 candidacy.I know others may think that, but our programs focused on this year and just respecting the process that we have, the 40-year-old coach said, respecting our seniors and their leadership. Were focused on our team and the things were trying to get done here -- the things we can control.I think itll all work out the way its supposed to. Cheap New Orleans Saints Jerseys . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. Chris Banjo Jersey . Carey Price didnt, but he still came out on top against one of his rivals for the No. 1 job at the Sochi Games. The Anahim Lake, B.C., native was stellar in making 39 saves in his home province and Lars Eller got credit for a bizarre short-handed winner as the Canadiens defeated the Canucks 4-1. http://www.cheapsaintsjerseyselite.com/ . Here are his mid-season NBA awards. MVP: (KEVIN DURANT-Thunder) - Has been sensational this season and more importantly, the most consistent player in the league. Considering that his team has been without star guard Russell Westbrook and with the free agent departure of sharpshooter Kevin Martin, hes had to carry the majority of the load to not only keep his team afloat but more importantly, at an elite level. Ted Ginn Jr Jersey . Blackwood, 28, has played the last three seasons in the San Diego Padres system, including the past two summers with Class AA San Antonio of the Texas League. TreQuan Smith Jersey . To the surprise of many, it isnt the Wolverines but their in-state rivals the Michigan State Spartans. NEW YORK -- Derek Jeters No. 2 is being retired, the last of the New York Yankees single digits.The Yankees said Tuesday the number will be retired on May 14 before a Mothers Day game against Houston, and a plaque in his honor will be unveiled in Monument Park during the ceremony.Jeters number is the 21st retired by the team. He won five World Series titles and was a 14-time All-Star during a 20-season career that ended in 2014 and he is sixth in career hits with 3,465.Jeter set Yankees records for hits, games (2,747), at-bats (11,195), doubles (544) and stolen bases (358).New York previously retired No. 1 (Billy Martin, 1986), No. 3 (Babe Ruth, 1948), No. 4 (Lou Gehrig, 1939), No. 5 (Joe DiMaggio, 1952),, No.dddddddddddd 6 (Joe Torre, 2014), No. 7 (Mickey Mantle, 1969), No. 8 (Yogi Berra and Bill Dickey, 1972), No. 9 (Roger Maris, 1984), No. 10 (Phil Rizzuto, 1985), No. 15 (Thurman Munson, 1979), No. 16 (Whitey Ford, 1974), No. 20 (Jorge Posada, 2015), No. 23 (Don Mattingly, 1997), No. 32 (Elston Howard, 1984), No. 37 (Casey Stengel, 1970), No. 42 (Mariano Rivera, 2013), No. 44 (Reggie Jackson, 1993), No. 46 (Andy Pettitte, 2015), No. 49 (Ron Guidry, 2003) and No. 51 (Bernie Williams, 2015).In addition, Jackie Robinsons No. 42 was retired throughout the major leagues in 1997. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 12 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen