Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

forced him to withdraw ahead of his China Open semi

in Bewerbungsunterlagen 21.06.2019 06:49
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

PARIS -- Novak Djokovic heads into the Paris Masters with his No. 1 ranking under serious threat from Andy Murray, and in the rare position of being second favorite.Djokovic is looking to win the tournament for the fourth straight year and fifth time overall. But he has been in erratic form over the past few months and is not playing with the confidence he showed here last year, when he crushed Murray 6-2, 6-4 in the final.On current form Murray has the edge, and the second-ranked Scot can overtake Djokovic if he wins and the Serb doesnt reach the final.Youve got to give him (Murray) credit for what hes done in the last three or four months, the second part of the year is quite incredible, Djokovic told reporters Sunday on the eve of the tournament. Hes playing maybe the best tennis hes ever played, very consistent, very strong. He definitely deserves to be in the position of being No. 1 at the end of the year. But that doesnt just depend on him.Djokovic guarantees to keep No. 1 if he reaches the final, and Murray is not overly optimistic of knocking him off his perch.Obviously he could win the event and, if I lose in the first round, then I am a long way from being No. 1, said Murray, who trails Djokovic 10-24 in career matches. Ive never won (the Paris Masters) before, so to just expect that youre going to win the tournament would be silly.Murray won the Erste Bank Open in Vienna on Sunday for his third straight tournament win and career-high seventh of the year.In some other years, a year like this would easily (have) been enough to be No. 1 in the world, Murray said. But I am obviously getting closer.Murray, who has a first-round bye, will start his tournament against Spaniard Fernando Verdasco or Dutchman Robin HaaseLike Murray, Djokovic also has seven titles this year, matching his tally from 2013 and 2014, but will fall short of the 11 he won in an utterly dominant 2015.The 29-year-old Djokovic owns a record 30 Masters titles. He is a 12-time Grand Slam champion and has won all four majors.But after winning the elusive French Open for the first time in June, his form evaporated.Winning the French Open brought a lot of joy to me, but on the other hand has taken away a lot from me, he said. I felt a little bit exhausted, I must say, and maybe less motivated. So I had to rediscover that feeling of being on the court and pushing myself.He lost in the third round at Wimbledon to American Sam Querrey and in the first round to Juan Martin Del Potro of Argentina at the Olympic Games.Although Djokovic won the first set in the U.S. Open final, Stan Wawrinka rallied to beat him.At the Shanghai Masters two weeks ago, Djokovic lost 6-4, 6-4 in the semifinals to Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut, an opponent he had beaten in five previous meetings.The last couple of months were not easy, Djokovic said. Mentally I just had to redefine my goals, things that are happening on and off the court.Djokovic clearly needed to gather his thoughts.Its important to take time, he said. Really understand what the next step is going to be, professionally, privately.He feels much better now.I feel great and rejuvenated, very happy to be back in the city where I have wonderful memories, he said. It gives me a lot of emotions and butterflies in my stomach when I think about the last time I was here.Djokovic, who also won here in 2009, faces either Nicolas Almagro of Spain or Gilles Muller of Luxembourg in the second round.Milos Raonic, who also has a first-round bye, is still feeling the effects of ankle injury that forced him to withdraw ahead of his China Open semifinal three weeks ago.Its a partial tear, said the big-serving Canadian. Its still a little bit of an issue ... I tape it up to limit how much my ankle can move.---Associated Press writer Eric Willemsen in Vienna contributed to this report. Cheap Panthers Jerseys China .500 on the season. The Jets are now 0-5-1 in the second game of back-to-backs. The game started the same way the Vancouver game started the night before, with the Jets taking the first two penalties of the game and killing off the first, but the Oilers getting on the board first, scoring on the second man-advantage. Panthers Jerseys Sale . One game after a miserable showing in Oklahoma City, Gay tied a career high with 41 points and the Sacramento Kings cruised to a 114-97 victory at the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. http://www.cheappanthersjerseyselite.com/ .Y. -- Canadas Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse have another World Cup gold medal after winning the two-women bobsled race on Saturday in Lake Placid, N. Black Panthers Jerseys Online . Tuesdays surgery at Atlantas Piedmont Hospital was performed by Dr. Xavier Duralde and Hawks team physician Dr. Michael Bernot. Panthers Jerseys Outlet . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Port Adelaide have slapped an indefinite AFL ban on the woman who ignited a racism controversy by throwing a banana at indigenous star Eddie Betts.The Power completed an investigation into the ugly incident after speaking with the club member on Sunday, concluding it was racially motivated.Betts was targeted by the fan in Saturday nights 15-point Showdown victory by the Crows at Adelaide Oval.The supporter was seen waving her middle finger at Betts before throwing the banana in his direction.Betts had just kicked his fifth goal in a near best-afield showing during his 250th AFL game, and did not notice the incident.Port Adelaide chairman David Koch said before the club spoke with the woman that hed be absolutely disgusted if racism was found to be the motivation.Were a club, were an industry, were a code that doesnt shirk away from these sorts of incidents, he said.If it was racially motivated, not only would she be banned for life from the club, we would encourage her to come and sit with our players, our Aboriginal players and try to understand what these actions mean to them.The club also relied on testimony from Port Adelaide fans in the vicinity, who said her action was accompanied by racist sledging through the match.The club said it would meet with the woman and offer her a chance to take part in the clubs Aboriginal cultural awareness programs, pointing out her act was completely at odds with itss embrace of Aboriginal players and culture.ddddddddddddPort have more indigenous players on their list than any other AFL side, with a rich history of indigenous representation.They confirmed their seven Aboriginal players, led by Chad Wingard, would be a part of a counselling process offered, while cancelling her membership.Koch claimed support from Betts for the clubs educational approach.Eddie is not only an incredible football player but an amazing human being, he said.He said thats exactly the thing that you should do.He understands like us ... that the lasting good, if any good can come from this, is to make sure no football crowd, no workplace, no family thinks this is acceptable behaviour.The AFL, Adelaide and Port Adelaide football clubs and Adelaide Oval management all released statements on Sunday condemning anti-social behaviour.The call to action was led by Crows captain Taylor Walker, who tweeted his disappointment.Absolutely disgusting! Shouldnt ever be allowed back into enjoy the football. Very disappointing, he said.The incident comes after much of the AFLs 2015 season was marred by booing and racial vilification of Sydneys indigenous star Adam Goodes.Goodes, the 2006 Brownlow Medallist, retired at seasons end and declined a lap of honour on grand final day. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 23 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen