Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

a student athlete at FSU. I wish him and the team nothi

in Bewerbungen 20.06.2019 11:09
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

LAS VEGAS -- Andre Ward had just been awarded a unanimous decision victory against Sergey Kovalev to claim his three light heavyweight world title belts on Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena when the topic turned to Wards ring future.At the end of his post-fight news conference Ward was asked if he would ever consider moving up to the heavyweight division, where it is rare for a light heavyweight to find success. All-time greats such as Roy Jones Jr., Michael Spinks and Bob Fitzsimmons won world titles in both weight classes, but they are the exception. Other greats such as Archie Moore and Bob Foster failed when they moved up.Boxings marquee division does interest Ward (31-0, 15 KOs), whose win over Kovalev (30-1-1, 26 KOs) was tinged in controversy because Ward, who got knocked down in the second round, was given winning scores of 114-113 on all three judges scorecards even though the majority of media had Kovalev winning a close fight.Ward, however, said any move up to heavyweight would have to be the right situation. He ruled out facing giants of the division such as world titleholders Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua, enormous men who would have huge height and weight advantages.Theres certain guys you dont mess with and those guys are too big, Ward said. I respect them, but you got to find the right opponent and the right situation. So maybe one day, maybe not, but not those two.Ward said if he made the move, he would instead look to follow in the footsteps of Jones, who was the undisputed light heavyweight world champion when he moved up to heavyweight for a shot at John Ruiz, a solid but unspectacular heavyweight who had a world title belt.Jones, who built himself into a rock-solid 193-pound fighter under the guidance of famed strength and conditioning coach Mackie Shilstone -- who also worked with Ward to prepare him for Kovalev -- easily outboxed the much slower and stationary 226-pound Ruiz to take his heavyweight belt in 2003 before returning to light heavyweight.Listen, Ive talked about this a lot and I know it sounds crazy. I know it does, Ward said. But I feel like I have a Roy Jones-type of situation in me before my career is over. And I have a great guy to do it with, Mackie Shilstone, but its got to be the right guy. Im not going to let my ego get in the way.Wards future is at light heavyweight for the time being, however. Kovalev exercised his right to an immediate rematch with Ward, so that will apparently be his next fight in the first half of 2017.HBO, which carried Kovalev-Ward on pay-per-view, will air a replay of the fight Saturday (10:35 p.m. ET/PT) along with live coverage of junior lightweight titleholder Vasyl Lomachenko (6-1, 4 KOs) making his first defense against fellow former featherweight titlist Nicholas Axe Man Walters (26-0-1, 21 KOs) at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas. Kyle Lowry Jersey . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. Fred VanVleet Jersey . That gave fans outside Joe Louis Arena another chance to ask for autographs from the 19-year-old whose stardom in the NHL has arrived earlier than most expected. http://www.cheapraptorsjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-norman-powell-jersey . The home side created most of the chances but struggled to break down Braunschweigs resilient defence, resulting in the Bundesligas 1,000th scoreless draw. Lorenzo Brown Jersey . Then the Pacers gave Oladipo and his Orlando teammates the cold shoulder. Paul Georges buzzer-beating 3-pointer at the end of the third quarter spurred a 21-4 run, finally sending Indiana past the Magic 97-87 in a tougher-than-expected opening night matchup. Cheap Swingman Raptors Jerseys . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. Former ESPN 300 quarterback Malik Henry is transferring from Florida State after one season.Henry, the No. 17-ranked player in the 2016 ESPN 300, released a statement to Noles247 announcing his intention to leave No. 11 Florida State as a freshman.I have decided to transfer from Florida State University, Henry said in the statement. I want to thank Coach [Jimbo] Fisher and his staff for giving me the opportunity to be a student athlete at FSU. I wish him and the team nothing but success. At this time I dont know what University I will be attending in the future.A four-star early enrollee and the second-ranked dual-threat quarterback in the 2016 class, Henry did not appear in any games for the Seminoles. He was suspended Aug. 20 for a violation of team rules and reinstated a month later. It was unlikely the true freshman would have played this season. However, he did not dress for games later in the season.Henry was one of the top reecruits in the Seminoles No.dddddddddddd 1-ranked class signed in February. The Seminoles return redshirt freshman Deondre Francois and redshirt sophomore J.J. Cosentino as scholarship quarterbacks next season, and they have commitments from ESPN 300 quarterback Bailey Hockman and three-star James Blackman in the 2017 class.Henry, a California native, played for three high schools and endured a public split with the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, in 2015 before playing a game at the school. In June 2015, IMG director of football Steve Walsh released a statement saying the program made a decision and Malik Henry will not be returning to IMG Academy next year.Marchell Henry, Maliks father, said it was a mutual decision to leave IMG once former coach Chris Weinke left for a position with the NFLs Rams. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 81 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen