Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

ter.Weve all prepared ourselves to be in the position we are in rig

in Die 100 15.06.2019 08:12
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

WIMBLEDON -- Marcus Willis, a club pro ranked No. 772 in the world, was the early underdog darling of this tournament before going out to Roger Federer in the second round.Well, let us introduce you to Julia Boserup, a 24-year-old Californian who has done Willis at least one better. On a day when American singles players dominated at the All England Club, Boserup was the longest of shots to arrive in the third round.Boserup stunned No. 7 seed Belinda Bencic, who retired trailing Boserup 6-4, 1-0, citing a left wrist injury.After entering Wimbledon with zero career Grand Slam victories, the No. 225-ranked Boserup now has two.Its been really special to be here in Wimbledon, she told four reporters in a small interview room afterward. During my matches, I stop and look around, thinking How cool is this?My mother flew in after I qualified. And shes taking pictures of all the flowers.Coming into Wimbledon, playing mostly ITF Future tournaments, Boserup had earned a total of $28,440. Now, shes guaranteed at least $106,400 -- almost exactly half her career earnings. After failing to qualify in six WTA-level events, including the Australia Open and the French Open, Boserup broke through here.She won three qualifying matches -- all in straight sets, over Jennifer Brady, Jessica Pegula and Barbara Haas -- to advance to her first main draw at a Grand Slam. In the first round, she needed three sets to eliminate fellow qualifier Tatjana Maria of Germany.Next up is the winner of the No. 32 Andrea Petkovic-Elena Vesnina match.Boserups quick tennis biography: She was born in California to two Danish parents and began working with famed coach Robert Lansdorp at the age of 6. She moved to Boca Raton, Florida, at 13 to work with the USTA and won the prestigious Orange Bowl as a 17-year-old wild card. She beat then-16-year-old Christina McHale, a WTA top-100 regular, in the final.She turned pro in September 2010. And then a series of injuries -- including stress fractures in both feet -- set her back a few years. And now, her Wikipedia page will have to be updated.She insisted that shell go back to playing $50,000 events after Wimbledon.On week doesnt change everything, she said. Its all about developing my tennis.Its a good thing she has Friday off, because shes got homework due.Shes going to practice for only an hour or so and then maybe spend 30 minutes in the gym. Thats because she is closing in on her online degree at Penn State, with a major in psychology and a minor in finance.Its an accounting class, she explained. Spreadsheets are due on Sunday. If anyones good at accounting, let me know.And she smiled the smile of someone who has already won the lottery and is playing with house money. Authentic Custom Rockies Jersey .Y. -- Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers had no intention of changing his hard-hitting style before taking part in a disciplinary hearing for his illegal check to New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus head. Wholesale Custom Rockies Shirts . Their experience showed Tuesday as the No. 10 Badgers blunted a Saint Louis surge to win 63-57 and advance to face West Virginia in Wednesdays finals of the Cancun Challenge. http://www.customrockiesjersey.com/custom-pat-valaika-jersey-large-94r.html .com) - The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks both take aim at their first wins of the season on Saturday, as the Canucks open their home slate at Rogers Arena. Cheap Custom Rockies Jersey . Vaives lawyer Trevor Whiffen claims the former 50-goal man wasnt provided with a copy of the claim beforehand and that he would not have agreed to the allegations made against the NHL had he been asked to review its contents. Custom Rockies Jersey China .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. IOWA CITY, Iowa -- After losing four senior starters, Iowa is in the midst of a major rebuild this season.The recent performances of its freshmen suggest that those efforts might not take very long.The Hawkeyes (5-5) have had serious struggles so far, most notably losing to Nebraska-Omaha at home. But that adversity has revealed reasons for optimism, because their freshmen have shown serious promise so far.Newcomers Cordell Pemsl, Isaiah Moss, Jordan Bohannon and Tyler Cook have all become major contributors. Pemsl, Moss and Bohannon started in last weeks upset of then-No. 25 Iowa State, and Cook (13.7 points, 5.3 rebounds per game) was a starter before a broken right finger set him back.Iowa plays Northern Iowa (5-4) on Saturday as part of an annual doubleheader in Des Moines.Getting them to understand how to prepare and how to work and how to put it together (is the challenge) because from the very beginning theyve been really good most of the time, Iowa coach Fran McCaffery said.The Hawkeyes were concerned about their interior play after center Adam Woodburys graduation. The 6-foot-8 Pemsl looks like he might be able to fix that problem.Pemsl was somewhat overlooked during the recruiting process because of shoulder and knee injuries. But he still led Dubuque (Wahlert) Iowa in scoring and rebounding in all four of his high school seasons -- and hes put up some impressive stats in his collegiate debut.Pemsl is one of just seven Division I players in the last 20 years to hit at least 75 percent of his shots in his first 10 games, which McCaffery said is a product of advanced shot selection. Pemsl (42 of 56 shooting) also averaging 17 points a game since taking the injured Cooks spot in the starting lineup, with 4.9 rebounds and roughly a block a game as well.Little things thatll help my game, help me get easy and efficiennt shots, Pemsl said when asked about his recent scoring binge.dddddddddddd His teammates know that they can count on me to turn around and score or find them with a kick out.Bohannon is the youngest of four brothers to play Division I ball, including Zach (Wisconsin) and Matt (Northern Iowa).Although Bohannon was Iowas Mr. Basketball in 2016, he was expected to be Iowas backup point guard as a freshman. But like Pemsl, Bohannon jumped into the starting lineup four games ago and hasnt looked back, averaging over 13 points and 5.5 assists as a starter.Weve all prepared ourselves to be in the position we are in right now, Bohannon said of he and his fellow freshmen. Its hard as a freshman. Coach has been on me every day knowing I had to play right away.Moss, a 6-foot-5 guard who redshirted in 2015-16, had his breakout performance last week. He scored 35 points combined in wins over Stetson and the Cyclones to earn Big Ten freshman of the week honors.Hes got unlimited potential because very few people that are that quick and athletic have that kind of stroke, McCaffery said. Once he really believes hes as great as we think he should be, then hell become that great.McCaffery will have some serious shuffling to do when Cook, the most highly-touted recruit he ever brought to Iowa City, returns next week. And although the young Hawkeyes have had their moments so far, theyll much more likely to finish near .500 than near the top of the Big Ten.But the four seniors they lost led the program to three straight NCAA Tournaments. If Iowas newest core can continue to progress, they might someday match that feat.Youve got to be patient, McCaffery said.---More college basketball at www.collegebasketball.ap.org ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 4 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen