Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

our goals, and the Lightning beat the St. [url

in Die 100 29.05.2019 10:50
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

ARCADIA, Calif. -- A champion mare produced a storybook ending to an amazing five-year career Friday at Santa Anita.Beholder, the 6-year-old making her 26th and final start in the $2 million Breeders Cup Distaff, wore down the previously undefeated Songbird in a stretch-long street fight to win by a nose in a race for the ages.There were tears everywhere in the Santa Anita winners circle, where trainer Richard Mandella, jockey Gary Stevens, and owner B. Wayne Hughes celebrated the win by Beholder ($8.60). It was her third Breeders Cup win, 11th Grade 1 victory, and also her swan song.Its probably the most emotional [win] of my career, knowing this was her last race, Stevens said immediately afterward. I just asked Mr. Hughes if he has a paddock for me next to her. I probably should be getting on the plane with her and walking out right now.Beholder will retire to become a broodmare at Hughess Spendthrift Farm in Kentucky, and there was no second-guessing by Hughes after the race. I think its time for her to go the normal route to go back to Kentucky and not having to have Richard and Gary to deal with, Hughes said.It was good-natured kidding delivered by a man with utmost appreciation for his trainer and rider.I dont think Ill ever have another horse like this, and so Im very grateful to have been a part of it, Hughes said. I mean, I really compliment Richard. I dont know of any trainer that could have taken a horse for six years and done what hes done. But Gary has been a big part of it.Beholder won at least one Grade 1 race in each of the past five years and was most effective utilizing the stalking style she employed Friday.The race unfolded as expected, with Songbird and jockey Mike Smith shooting to the front. Stevens said Beholder broke sharper than she ever has in her career, but when Im a Chatterbox went up inside to press Songbird, Stevens was happy to allow Beholder to sit third on the outside.The fractions were modest. Songbird went the opening half-mile in 47.16 seconds and six furlongs in 1:11.14. Nearing the quarter pole, Beholder ranged outside Songbird. From the quarter pole to the wire, Stevens said, it was a street fight.Songbird, a 3-year-old facing older fillies and mares for the first time after winning her first 11 starts, refused to surrender. I didnt know how much fight Songbird had in her, Stevens said. I found out. I put her away three times down the stretch.Beholder raced outside, Songbird battled along the rail, and the two dueled to the wire. Stevens thought he had it won late. I saw the purple with all the banners [on the rail] down the stretch, and said ? Were close! The margin was a nose; even-money favorite Songbird finished 1-1/4 lengths in front of Forever Unbridled. Stellar Wind, the 5-2 second choice, finished fourth. The order of finish was completed by Im a Chatterbox, Curalina, and Land over Sea.Corona Del Inca, a Breeders Cup Challenge winner making her first start since May in Argentina, was injured and euthanized. She sustained a condylar fracture of her right foreleg, a sesamoid fracture, and fractured the first pastern bone.Distaff winner Beholder goes out like the three-time champion she already is. Beholder retires having won 18 races and $6,156,600.As for Songbird, her future is bright. She will continue to race next year at age 4 for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer and owner Rick Porter.Hollendorfer said he could never be disappointed with Songbird. She ran great, just the other horse ran a little better.Beholder did it throughout her career. She won the BC Juvenile Fillies in 2012, the BC Distaff in 2013, and won at least one Grade 1 for five years running.Ive never seen a racehorse stay in peak form [that long], Stevens said. I know Ill never sit on another one like her. In a way, I wonder, should I be walking out too? But I have [Saturday] to ride. Who knows what lies beyond that?Attendance on Friday was 45,763; the pick-six carryover into Saturday is $511,261.-- additional reporting by David Grening Cheap Nike Running Shoes From China . It is a cliché dragged out by fans and pundits regularly when discussions take place around which teams are better than others. Cheap Air Max From China . The team said Saturday that Lopez was hurt during its 121-120 overtime loss at Philadelphia on Friday. The Nets said they would issue another update next week after consultation with their doctors. http://www.cheapshoesnikechina.com/ .500 on the season. The Jets are now 0-5-1 in the second game of back-to-backs. The game started the same way the Vancouver game started the night before, with the Jets taking the first two penalties of the game and killing off the first, but the Oilers getting on the board first, scoring on the second man-advantage. Wholesale Nike Shoes . LOUIS -- Valtteri Filppula assisted on three of Tampa Bays four goals, and the Lightning beat the St. Clearance Nike Shoes . Nathan MacKinnon, Jamie McGinn and Jan Hejda also scored for the Avalanche, who won despite being outshot 38-23. MacKinnons goal, also on the power play, came with just over a minute remaining. NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Giddy Potts scored seven of his 22 points in the final minutes to give Middle Tennessee a 68-63 victory over North Carolina-Wilmington in the third annual Challenge in Music City on Friday night.It was tied at 59 with 1:51 left when Potts hit a jump shot and followed that with a 3-pointer with 43 seconds remaining. After UNC-Wilmington pulled to 64-63, Potts drove for a layup in the final 15 seconds for a 66-63 lead. Reggie Upshaw, who finished with 12 points, hit two free throws in the final seconds to seal the win.ddddddddddddMiddle Tennessee (4-1) was up 35-29 at the break but the Seahawks battled back to tie it, but never took the lead in the second half.Jacorey Williams had 16 points for the Blue Raiders.Denzel Ingram hit 5 of 15 from long range to total 19 points and Chris Flemmings added 14 for UNC-Wilmington (3-1). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 28 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen