Nepenplay geschlossen
Mitglieder der 100
Grounder
Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

whole lot to do except come out and play again tomorrow.

in Die 100 29.05.2019 10:49
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

NEWARK, N.J. -- Mike Green and the struggling Detroit Red Wings ended a scoring slump, with a little help from Frans Nielsen.Nielsen scored two goals and set up Greens winner from the right circle at 3:18 of overtime as the Red Wings handed the New Jersey Devils a rare loss at home with a 5-4 victory Friday night.The five-goal outburst tied the Red Wings season high for a game and it was their most since collecting that many against Nashville on Oct. 21. It also was Greens fourth of the season, and his first since he had a hat trick against Ottawa on Oct. 17.It also gave Detroit its second straight win after losing four in a row. The Red Wings opened the season with a 6-2 record and were 2-8-1 before winning the last two.This win a confidence booster, yes, Green said. Its something to build on for sure and we just have to continue this and its definitely a positive thing for us to move forward on for sure.The Red Wings started the overtime on a power play and the game ended with the teams playing 4-on-4 because the clock never stopped during the extra session.Nielsen made the big play by making a cross-ice pass from the left circle to Green in the right. The defenseman waited a second and then fired that puck past defenseman Andy Greene and beat Cory Schneider, who faced 33 shots.I just saw Nielsen had a little bit of time there and he made a great play, Green said. I just had to get around their first guy in close so I just had to hit the net to try and create something.Dylan Larkin and Anthony Mantha also scored for the Red Wings, who lost goalie Jimmy Howard to a lower-body injury in the first period. Petr Mrazek finished and allowed three goals on 13 shots in relief.John Moore, Mike Cammalleri, Pavel Zacha and Adam Henrique scored for the Devils (7-0-2). They have not lost at home in regulation this season.Points are important so the fact that we got a point out of the game is certainly is a positive, Devils coach John Hynes said. How we played the game is not how we wanted to play and I think we were fortunate to be able to get a point out of the game. We need to be much better tomorrow.The Devils it at 4 with 5:11 left in regulation when Henrique tipped a point shot by former Red Wing Kyle Quincey into the net with New Jersey having an extra skater with a delayed penalty about to be called.Mantha had given the Red Wings the lead with a blast from the left dot 43 seconds into the third period.Nielsen gave the Red Wings took a 2-1 lead after the first period. New Jersey went ahead 3-2 in the second period on a goal by Cammalleri and a power-play tally by Larkin with 1.2 seconds left in the period.The Devils challenged the goal, saying that Gustav Nyquist was offside. After a review, Larkins sixth goal stood.John Moore gave New Jersey an early 1-0 lead and the Devils looked in good shape after Riley Sheahan was assessed a four-minute minor for high sticking.Abdelkader stripped the puck from Damon Severson, took a shot and Nielsen put in the rebound with Schneider down in the crease.Shortly after coming out of the penalty box, Sheahan took a shot between the circled and Nielsen again put in the rebound with a little help from Devils forward Kyle Palmieri, who seemed to nudge the puck over the goal line.Cammalleri, who has six points in two games back in the lineup, got his goal on a shot that deflected off the skate of Red Wings defenseman Jonathan Ericsson at 4:06 of the second period. Zacha scored less than two minute later on a shot from the left circle.Game notes Abdelkader had the best save of the game with a skate stop on Cammalleri with Mrazek out of position in the second period. New Jersey was leading 3-2. ... Nielsen has 10 goals in 45 games against the Devils. ... Palmieri returned to the Devils lineup after missing two games with upper body soreness and played in his 100th game with New Jersey.UP NEXTRed Wings: Host Montreal on Saturday night.Devils: At Pittsburgh on Saturday night. Wholesale Air Max . -- Matt Kuchar and Harris English ran away with the Franklin Templeton Shootout, shooting a 14-under 58 on Sunday in the final-round scramble to break the tournament course record. Cheap Air Max 97 China Discount . Emery skated the length of the ice and fought an unwilling Holtby during the third period of the Flyers 7-0 loss Friday night in Philadelphia. He was given 29 penalty minutes, including a game misconduct. But Emery did not face even a disciplinary hearing with NHL senior vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan because rules 46. http://www.cheapairmaxchinadiscount.com/ . "We have always prided ourselves on the way we play defence. Having two big pieces back is going to be a key for us moving forward for years to come," said Knighthawks head coach Mike Hasen. Cheap Air Max For Sale . The players spoke Jan. 13 during a Major League Baseball Players Association conference call after Rodriguez sued the union and Major League Baseball to overturn an arbitrators decision suspending him for the 2014 season and post-season. Clearance Air Max Online . -- Aldon Smith believes he is on the path to being sober for good. LOS ANGELES -- The second he heard the phrase moment of truth, you could see the brain cells smoldering in Joe Maddons head. The look on his face said it all. Nope, wasnt going there. Couldnt possibly go there.Im so bad at drawing lines in the sand, he said.What he meant, of course, was that this was no time for any manager to draw that line. But whether he drew it or not, there was no way to escape it. For the 2016 Chicago Cubs, this was that moment of truth. This was a place theyd never been. This was a feeling theyd never felt.Shut out two games in a row for the first time all year. Suddenly, shockingly, trailing the Los Angeles Dodgers?two games to one in the National League Championship Series. And facing the sort of test that all great teams need to pass if theyre going to prove theyre as good as they think they are.For me, its about putting this one in the wastebasket, come back and play tomorrow, Maddon said Tuesday night, after his offense had been dominated again in a 6-0 loss that represented their most lopsided shutout of the year. Its one day at a time. Ive preached that all season long. ... So I cant get so dramatic about it.?OK, cool. We get it. Getting dramatic, thats our job. So cue the strobe lights and the trumpets. Here is what makes this moment so critical for the Cubs:In the history of best-of-seven postseason series that were tied 1-1, the team that lost Game 3 has come back to win the series just 29.5 percent of the time.In the League Championship Series, that rate drops to 27.3 percent.And then theres this: Over the past 30 years, seven teams like the Cubs have found themselves in this precarious position -- down 2-1 in a best-of-seven series -- after winning 100 games that season. Only two have come back to win -- the 1995 Indians and the 1998 Yankees (both in the ALCS).Those are tough odds. And these are tough moments. But coincidentally, a man who played for those 1998 Yankees was in Dodger Stadium on Tuesday night, watching the Cubs go down again. And no one had to remind Jeff Nelson what it felt like to be in this position.He remembered it vividly. Remembered exactly what it felt like to have to win Game 4 of that ALCS on the road, in Cleveland, against a team that had eliminated them the year before. Except there was one big difference between those Yankees and these Cubs, Nelson said Tuesday.Their expectation level was a lot different than ours, said Joe Torres prime right-handed setup man, because they havent won since 1908. ... They won 103 games, and I think now theyre feeling that pressure.Torre has said many times that the one time those 114-win Yankees felt anything resembling that pressure was in that ALCS, when they fell behind 2-1 and found themselves facing their first real must-win game of the year. So what happened in that must-win Game 4? El Duque happened.Orlando Hernandez went to the mound and spun seven shutout innings. And once El Duque won, Nelson said, then it was over.Once he won Game 4, we felt the momentum shift, Nelson said, and we went back to doing what we did in the regular season. And you know what? The Indians felt it too. I remember standing around the batting cage the next day, and some of those Indians players said, Now youre going to win. Im not going to name names. But one or two of those guys actually said that.Well, the Cubs dont have El Duque to send to the mound Wednesday night. But they will have a man who has started more postseason games (22) than any active pitcher. That man is John Lackey. And his team has never needed him more.Those 1998 Yankees scored a run for El Duque in the top of the first inning. Then their starting pitcher wouldnt let them lose. And that is the sort of game these Cubs desperately need to play -- after scoring in none of their past 18 innings and just one of their past 24.When you dont score, youre not in control of the game, and youre going to lose, said the Cubs Chris Coghlan in a clubhouse full of players trying to maintain a confident face. Thats just going to be a fact. But I think when we get some runs and push them across, then obviously, thats how you get control of the game. Thats what we did all year.Then again, what they did all year was roll out one of the best offenses in baseball, a lineup that scored more runs than any National League team except the Rockies.dddddddddddd. But the postseason, Coghlan said, is totally different than the regular season, because youre going to get everyones best. And so far, their best has been overwhelming the Cubs best.To be a great team, to be a win-the-World-Series team, you need to score against good pitching and beat good pitching. And in this postseason, outside of a couple of eruptions, these Cubs havent scored and havent hit. Which is how theyve gotten themselves into this mess.Theyve batted .185 as a team in this postseason. Theyve batted .161 in the NLCS. And against left-handed pitching, theyve been even worse, hitting .152 overall and a mind-boggling .106 (5-for-47) in the NLCS. Which is kind of a big deal, because yet another left-handed starter, Julio Urias, will be waiting for them Wednesday night, after taking notes on what Clayton Kershaw and Rich Hill have done to the Cubs in the past two games.But the left-handed members of the species arent the Cubs only issue. Theyre also seeing more off-speed stuff in fastball counts than they saw all year and not adjusting real well. During the regular season, these hitters saw non-fastballs in just 28 percent of all hitters counts (2-0, 3-0, 2-1, 3-1 and 1-0). In the NLCS, the Dodgers have nearly doubled that rate to 48 percent. It hasnt gone too hot.I havent really noticed a difference, said Kris Bryant, the one Cub who has actually hit like himself (.333) in this series. But I dont like to pay too much attention to that kind of stuff. I leave that up to you.OK, thats fine too. Were happy to do all that math for him. But heres what is up to him and his buddies: Getting back to work Wednesday and reminding themselves of what they did all year and how they did it.Those 1998 Yankees did that by holding a meeting before every game of that postseason, Nelson said. And in those meetings, their manager, Torre, had a way of restoring order when it was needed most.He had unbelievable confidence in the way we played, Nelson said. He had unbelievable confidence in his players. He never said, We have to do this, or not to do that. There was nothing negative at all. We won 114 games. But those 114 wins have to be in the back of your mind. You cant think, Wed better win because weve got to complete this great year. Joe had that confidence, and it carried over to us.So now maybe its up to another manager named Joe to somehow transmit that same feeling to these Cubs. And Joe Maddon seemed to understand that intuitively Tuesday night.Theyre going to react to how Im going to react, Maddon said. Ive always believed that. Ive always thought, for me, regardless of the situation, that I have to be consistent when I walk into the room. They have to see consistency from me, which hopefully theyre going to be able to do. But beyond that, man, like I said, there is not a whole lot to do except come out and play again tomorrow.So is this their moment of truth? You decide. On one hand, Bryant observed hopefully, this isnt anywhere near as bad as being down 3-0, as they were in last years NLCS to the Mets. But on the other hand, these are the facts:This is a team that spent one day of this entire season out of first place. And that day was April 8. Then the 2016 Cubs hit the accelerator. They started 8-1. And 17-5. And 25-6. They held a nine-game lead in their division by May 14. And they never led by fewer than five games at any point in their last 115 games.So has there been any game since last years NLCS that carried the weight of the game they will play Wednesday at Chavez Ravine? That answer is nope. So this is that moment, when we find out what theyre really all about.Teams that win the whole thing always have games that define them, Coghlan said. They always have games you look back on and say, Holy cow, I cant believe they won that game, or, How did they pull out of that? Well, I feel like weve had a couple of those already. ... And I think every person in this locker room feels like well have a couple more of those in us now. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen