Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

e.My driving has not been great but I dro

in Abschnitt 1 06.05.2019 10:21
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

LONDON -- Every athlete should have a fan as devoted as #OlympicNan.The grandmother of British swimmer Adam Peaty has become a champion tweeter as she gushes about his achievements. With a Twitter biography that describes herself as Proud Nan to a World Champion Breaststroker, Mavis Williams, 74, is gaining followers who use the word adorable to describe her passion for Peaty.What race oooo Im so proud hes a gladiator well done, she tweeted with such glee that she dispensed with punctuation after he broke the world record in the 100-meter breaststroke in Saturdays heats. She stamped it with the British flag, shamrocks and clapping hands.She was back on Twitter after Peaty broke that record again and took home gold Sunday night in the same event. My Grandson has done it, she tweeted.Williams, who is from Uttoxeter, a town of 14,000 about 120 miles (200 kilometers) northwest of London, said she was introduced to Twitter by her daughter, Caroline, Adams mother. Her only goal was to get more followers than Caroline.You dont go out as much as you do when you were younger, now do you? she told The Associated Press on Sunday. Its given me a new interest and kept my brain working.Williams has, with a few hundred tweets and retweets, managed to capture attention with a simple chronicle of Peatys Olympic journey from her perspective.Theres the buildup to Rio. Theres a picture of her at this years aquatics championships at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park next to some sort of mascot creature named Ray. Theres a picture of her beloved Adam in his Olympic uniform.Doesnt my grandson look great in his Great Britain KIT, tweeted Williams, whose Twitter handle is Mavise42Mavis.Theres even a thank you to the person who helped decorate her home in preparation for the games.Im ready for Rio now thanks to my kind window cleaner who put my bunting up, she tweeted.Mostly, shes so proud shes bursting. She thinks her tweets help Adam and the team -- just to let them know their fans are pulling for them from far away.But her chronicle is also a reminder that those behind the athletes are sometimes on as much of a journey as the competitors themselves. And no matter how many followers she gets, when her friendly competition with Caroline is over, she plans to send out a thank-you tweet to all the people who decided to follow her. Theyve taught her a lot, after all.I think its nice to thank someone -- even if it is just a tweet, she said. Zapatillas Balenciaga Baratas . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Zapatillas Balenciaga Baratas España . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason. http://www.balenciagabaratas.es/ . - Blake Griffin had 30 points and 12 rebounds, J. Balenciaga Baratas Chinas Online . Ibaka equaled a career high with 20 rebounds, adding four blocked shots and 15 points as the Thunder smothered the Milwaukee Bucks offence in a 92-79 victory Saturday night. Balenciaga Baratas Chinas . Third-seeded Murray had the easiest path to victory on New Years Eve, barely breaking a sweat during his 6-0, 6-0 win over 2,129th-ranked Qatari wildcard recipient Mousa Shanan Zayed. WATFORD, England -- Lee Westwood returned to form with a 4-under 67 in the first round at the British Masters to lie one shot off a four-way tie for the lead on Thursday.Westwood failed to win any of his three matches in Europes heavy loss to the United States at the Ryder Cup, before missing the cut at the Dunhill Links Championship last week following a second-round 82.However, the former No. 1 rolled in six birdies at The Grove -- five coming in his first eight holes starting at No. 10 -- and said it was the best Ive played in quite a while.My driving has not been great but I drove it really well and gave myself a lot of chances, said Westwood, who is regarded as one of the worlds best players from tee to green. Ive been working on a couple of things on the swings, looking at old videos when I was getting in good positions.Mikko Ilonen of Finland, Marc Warren of Scotland, Tommy Fleetwood of England and Richard Sterne of South Africa all shot 66s to take a share of the lead.ddddddddddddIt was another strong display by Warren, who started the Dunhill Links in 125th place on the Race to Dubai with only the top 110 keeping their cards for next season. He finished fifth at St. Andrews on Sunday to move up 55 places.Sterne, who was second at the Dunhill Links, has shot eight straight rounds in the 60s and hasnt dropped a shot in 55 holes.Alex Noren of Sweden was alongside Westwood and five other Englishmen -- David Horsey, Richard Bland, James Morrison, Andrew Johnston and Lee Slattery -- on 4 under par.Defending champion Matt Fitzpatrick of England shot 70 after two bogeys in his last seven holes.Tournament host Luke Donald shot a 6-over 77.Masters champion Danny Willett was forced to withdraw from the event because of a back injury before starting his round. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 6 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen