Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

.Yelich hit a three-run drive for his 18th homer in t

in Tribute 30.04.2019 11:38
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

BALTIMORE -- The night was supposed to be about the long-awaited returns of quarterback Joe Flacco and linebacker Terrell Suggs.Instead, Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh ended up lamenting two significant injuries and a preseason schedule filled with games that are not meaningful.Flacco went 11 for 16 for 94 yards in his first action since November, but the Ravens apparently lost tight end Benjamin Watson for the season during a 30-9 preseason victory over the Detroit Lions on Saturday night.After Watson tore his right Achilles tendon on the games first play, promising rookie running back Kenneth Dixon left in the second quarter with a sprained knee.Harbaugh said both players would receive MRIs on Sunday. He then provided his unsolicited take on the NFLs four-game preseason.Maybe its more games than we need, he said. Fewer preseason games and bigger rosters -- thats good for everybody.Harbaugh said the leagues coaches dont need the games to get their teams prepared for the regular season.We can find ways to get our guys ready to go and evaluated without the risk the game necessarily entails, he said.Asked how many preseason games he would like to see, Harbaugh said: If I had my druthers, Id go none. That would be my thing.Underscoring the notion that results in the preseason mean nothing, Lions running back Ameer Abdullah said, Ill start caring about winning when they keep score.The game did have some positives for Baltimore, most notably Flaccos return from knee surgery.He took the Ravens (3-0) to a field goal in their opening possession and played in one more series, ending his performance by misfiring on a fourth-down pass from the Detroit 43.Suggs, meanwhile, participated in his first game since tearing his Achilles tendon in the season opener last year. He made two tackles.The Ravens signed Watson as a free agent in March, hoping he would become one of Flaccos prime options this season. That plan ended when the 35-year-old appeared to trip while running a pattern and slumped to the turf.Beset by injuries while going 5-11 last season, the Ravens hoped this season would be different. But their lengthy injury list includes three tight ends: Watson, Dennis Pitta and Maxx Williams. In addition, Nick Boyle will miss the first 10 weeks for violating the leagues drug policy.With Watson out, Flacco turned his attention toward wide receiver Mike Wallace, signed as a free agent during the offseason. Wallace was targeted six times, catching three for 37 yards.Matthew Stafford played the first half for Detroit (1-2), completing 14 of 23 passes for 95 yards. He threw an interception and did not produce a touchdown.We couldnt make plays down the field when we had the chances, then when we made plays, we hurt ourselves with penalties, Stafford said.QUOTABLELions: Abdullah on the offense: A lot of this stuff was self-inflicted. Its not like they were coming in and imposing their will. There were a lot of penalties (nine) and thats what killed us.Ravens: Flacco on his performance: I was a little quick on a couple of things, but it felt great to be back out there.ROOKIE WATCHLions: Devon Bell misfired badly on a 42-yard field-goal try, but rebounded to hit one from 33 yards. Veteran Matt Prater, on the other hand, kicked a 60-yarder to end the first half.Ravens: Top draft pick Ronnie Stanley remains a fixture at left tackle. He started next to fellow rookie Alex Lewis, who played left guard for the injured John Urschel (contusion).POSITION BATTLELions: Undrafted rookie TE Cole Wick had mixed results in his effort to impress at a position beset by injuries. He had two catches for 20 yards, but was called for holding on a touchdown run.Ravens: With Dixon out, Terrance West appears poised to be the backup behind Justin Forsett. He gained 43 yards rushing compared to 15 for Javorius Allen.WELCOME BACKStandout defensive end Haloti Ngata faced the Ravens for the first time since being traded from Baltimore to Detroit last season. He had three tackles and a sack.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Stitched Jerseys Ireland . -- When the Florida Panthers fell behind by two goals in the first period to the top team in the NHL, it appeared they were on their way to yet another loss. Cheap Jerseys Ireland Authentic . - Chris Tierney snapped a tie with a power-play goal late in the third period as the London Knights rallied from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Erie Otters 5-3 in Ontario Hockey League action on Wednesday. http://www.cheapjerseysireland.com/ . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early. Clearance Jerseys Ireland For Sale .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the St. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Ireland . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. NEW YORK -- Whatever Jacob deGrom meant, it didnt look good.Pulled after another shaky start, deGrom was headed down the dugout tunnel toward the clubhouse when he signaled for Mets trainer Ray Ramirez to follow him.Everythings fine, the shaggy-haired ace insisted Thursday night following New Yorks 6-4 loss to Miami.I was frustrated with how I pitched. I didnt feel great out there tonight. I just wanted to talk to Ray, he said.The Mets fell two games behind idle St. Louis for the second wild-card spot, with the Marlins another game back.DeGrom (7-8) got seven days between starts because the Mets worried he was fatigued, but he still struggled.DeGrom gave up three runs, six hits and four walks in five innings. He has lost three straight starts, tagged for a total of 16 runs, 31 hits and six walks in just 14 2/3 innings.When I walk four guys, I cant throw the ball where I want right now. I got to figure that out. Ill take this time in between this next one and try to get things right, he said.Just kind of out of sync out there. I waved him in to talk to him but theres nothing wrong, he said.Mets manager Terry Collins said he hadnt noticed deGrom signaling to the trainer, adding, What you guys just informed me about is a little troubling to me.But Collins could tell something was off.Its quite obvious when you walk four guys. He was behind in the count, he had a lot of pitches in five innings. Thats just not Jake. Thats the thing weve been watching is his command is not what it has been. Thats been the big issue, he said.Christian Yelich showed off his bat, legs and glove, capped by hitting a three-run homer that helped the Marlins end their season-worst five-game losing streak.Yelich homered for the third straight game, singled twice, drove in four runs and stole two bases. He made a dashing, diving catch in center field with the bases loaded and two outs -- that made up for him later dropping a rooutine fly for an error.ddddddddddddJose Urena (3-5) and the Marlins averted a four-game sweep. Down 6-1, the Mets made it close, boosted by pinch-hitter Asdrubal Cabreras two-run homer in the ninth off Fernando Rodney.Urena allowed four hits, including Jay Bruces 29th homer, and one run in six innings.Bruce hit an RBI single in the eighth and the Mets loaded the bases with no outs. But September call-up Michael Conforto grounded into a double play and pinch-hitter Yoenis Cespedes struck out.It was scoreless in the second when the Mets loaded the bases with two outs. DeGrom hit a liner up the middle that Yelich, playing shallow for the pitch, rushed in to grab off the grass.Yelich hit a three-run drive for his 18th homer in the seventh.WELCOMERHP Fernando Salas pitched a scoreless inning a day after the Mets acquired him from the Angels for a minor leaguer. The 31-year-old reliever was 3-6 with six saves and a 4.47 ERA in 58 games, and had pitched well since the All-Star break. He got to wear his favorite No. 59 and rookie pitcher Josh Smoker switched to 58. Smoker gave up Yelichs home run.TRAINERS ROOMMets: Cespedes and Cabrera didnt start after it rained most of the afternoon. They have been banged up lately and I dont need them slipping on the turf, Collins said. ... 2B Neil Walker said he needed season-ending surgery for a herniated disk.UP NEXTMarlins: RHP Andrew Cashner (4-10, 4.73) is 0-3 in five starts since Miami got him in a trade with San Diego. Hell pitch Friday night at AL Central-leading Cleveland against Carlos Carrasco (9-7, 3.23).Mets: RHP Noah Syndergaard (12-7, 2.56) is 3-0 with a 1.31 ERA in his last three starts going into Friday nights opener of a three-game series against NL East-leading Washington. A.J. Cole (0-1, 4.97) pitches for the Nationals. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen