Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

cally.I think they decided thats probably not whats best for th

in Tribute 30.04.2019 11:38
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

While most of the golfing world prepares for the return of the sport to the Olympics for the first time in 112 years, a fierce battle is set to be waged beginning Thursday at the $4.8 million John Deere Classic at TPC Deere Run in Silvis, Ill.With only two events remaining before the start of the FedExCup playoffs at The Barclays Aug. 25-28, the John Deere Classic provides a pivotal opportunity for those hanging around the bubble for the top 125 players to qualify. All but two players ranked from Nos. 120-135 will be in the field this week.Other notables include 2012 winner Zach Johnson, who has done no worse than tie for third at the event every year since 2011, three-time event champion Steve Sticker (2009-11) and former top-ranked amateur Jon Rahm, who makes his sixth career professional start as he seeks to earn his PGA Tour card for next season.Johnson is from an hour away in Iowa City, Iowa, and will make his 15th consecutive start at what he considers a home event. The JDC has typically been played in July, but was moved to August this year due to the jumbled schedule created by the Olympics and the Ryder Cup.Im excited for the week, Johnson said. I mean, its just a little bizarre its this week rather than July, but thats a whole nother subject. Its never a bad time to be in the Quad Cities.The top four players in the world opted not to play in the Olympics, which included third-ranked Jordan Spieth, who is also the defending JDC champion and a two-time winner of the event. In announcing he would skip the Rio Games, Spieth also said he would not defend his title in Iowa.I dont think it would be an appropriate move to play that week, Spieth said last month.That leaves the door of opportunity open for the 152-player field, headed by Johnson, who enters as the 22nd-ranked player in the world, followed by Kevin Na (No. 34).There are a lot of factors probably involved, Johnson said when asked about his success at the JDC. Im certainly comfortable with golf course. Im certainly comfortable with these greens and the bentgrass. Im certainly experienced here.With that comes confidence, I think. Oftentimes confidence, like Ive said, can breed momentum. It can just carry over week to week, month to month, year to year.With eight of the top 100 players in the field, it also leaves plenty of room for those hovering around the FedExCup bubble to earn critical points with next weeks Wyndham Championship serving as the final pre-playoff event.I do think its a little unfortunate that its the first week of the Olympics, Johnson said. You can look at it a number of different ways. There are only two weeks left before the playoffs start. There are only so many weeks left of Ryder Cup points. There are a lot of things at stake, so guys want to play and get some points here and there. There are incentives there.That includes Camilo Villegas and Brendon de Jonge, who skipped an opportunity to play in the Olympics so they could attempt to pick up FedExCup points in Illinois. Villegas enters the week No. 146, while de Jonge is No. 150, making this a critical tournament for both players. The current line for The Barclays sits with Johnson Wagner, who sits precariously in the 125th spot with 405 points. Wagner finished in a tie for fifth in this even last year.Rahm could throw another wrinkle into the equation with a victory this week. Playing on Special Temporary Members status, Rahm is not eligible for the FedExCup playoffs unless he wins an event. He already has 424 non-member points, and the former Arizona State star has a tie for third at the Quicken Loans International and a solo third at the Canadian Open among his first six professional starts.I dont think you ever achieve perfection in this game, Rahm said when asked if hes a perfectionist. The closest weve had to perfection weve had is Tiger, and we all know he was looking for it every single day.Im more of a feel player. Whatever I feel that day is what I do.Not only are there 500 FedExCup points on the line, but a $864,000 winners share. Spieth beat Tom Gillis in a playoff after the two tied at 20-under in regulation last year, so there are birdies to be had, and Johnson doesnt expect the course to play much different just because the tournament is a few weeks later this year.My guess is wont be a whole lot different, he said. I mean, I grew up in this area. July and August seem to be one month out here. Its hot, humid.If it was down South there is summer and really hot summer. Up here its different. Im assuming its not going to be a whole lot different. Jordan 6 Canada .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. Jordan 6 Canada Sale . -- Arizona knocked off some quality opponents, rolled over a few overmatched ones and grinded out victories even when things didnt go so well. http://www.cheapairjordan6canada.com/ . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. Cheap Air Jordan 6 Canada . Scott won the Australian PGA last week in his first event in Australia since winning the U.S. Masters in April. American Matt Kuchar, ahead by two strokes with four to play and even with Scott with one to go, double-bogeyed the 18th after taking two shots to get out of a bunker. Jordan Retro 6 Canada . Oaklands loss to Seattle clinched the ALs best record for the Red Sox with one day to spare in the regular season. "I think everybody was kind of watching," catcher David Ross said. "Demp (Ryan Dempster) came out before he went to the bullpen and was just yelling that they lost. OMAHA, Neb. -- The decisive third game of the College World Series finals between Arizona and Coastal Carolina was postponed Wednesday night until Thursday because of stormy weather.First pitch is set for 1:08 p.m. ET on ESPNU.Rain and lightning in the area forced a delay of 2 hours, 23 minutes Wednesday before the postponement was announced.More rain was forecast after midnight, which could have forced another delay if the game started after 10 p.m. locally.I think they decided thats probably not whats best for the players, Arizona coach Jay Johnson said.Arizona (49-23) won 3-0 on Monday in the opening game of the best-of-three series. The Chanticleers (54-18), seeking their first national title, won 5-4 on Tuesday.Johnson and CCU coach Gary Gilmore said they agreed with the decision to play Thursday.Im very pleased, Gilmore said.The Chanticleers planned Wednesday to start junior right-hander Alex Cunningham over ace Andrew Beckwith. Gilmore said he hoped to get threee innings from Cunningham, who has not worked as a reliever, before handing the ball to Beckwith.ddddddddddddBeckwith, a 14-game winner, threw a complete-game shutout Friday against TCU.Junior right-handed Bobby Dalbec was set to start for Arizona. Dalbec pitched seven innings Saturday in the Wildcats win over Oklahoma State. The status of senior ace Nathan Bannister, who left Friday in the third inning against the Cowboys with arm soreness, remains unknown.I think it helps both teams, and I think thats probably whats best for both staffs and all guys throwing, Johnson said of the pitching situation. Well go back and look at it tonight and figure out if what we set out to do is still the best thing.This College World Series will set a record with 17 games played and extend to at least June 30, the latest date in the events 70-year history. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 19 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen