Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

back, Tannehill said. Hes a good player. He stre

in Tribute 30.04.2019 11:37
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

The Pittsburgh Pirates are promoting top pitching prospect Tyler Glasnow, who will make his major league debut against the?St. Louis Cardinals?on Thursday night.?Glasnow, 22, has a 1.78 ERA in 96 innings at Triple-A Indianapolis and runs his fastball up to 99 mph. He was a fifth-round pick in 2011 and has ranked among the Pirates top prospects since breaking out in Class A in 2013.The team announced the move Wednesday, and Glasnow was already in St. Louis. While Glasnow had been expecting the call-up, it took a while before the news sank in with his father, who will be at his debut.My dad answered [the phone], and I told him, Glasnow said. And it didnt register right away with him. He was saying, Yeah, I was just wondering when you are going up. I said, I just told you, and he was like, Oh my God!A 6-foot-8 right-hander, Glasnow will be the second Pittsburgh starter to make his debut in three days, after Steven Brault got a no-decision Tuesday after giving up two runs in four innings against the Cardinals.The rotation spots opened in part because Jameson Taillon, another prized pitching prospect who made his debut this season, went on the disabled list Sunday with right shoulder fatigue.Glasnow became a hyped prospect when his velocity jumped into the upper 90s, but the Pirates are excited by the way he has developed his entire repertoire in the minors, including a promising curveball.Its a downhill angle, manager Clint Hurdle said. Its firm. Its hard. The curveball plays. The changeup hell use aggressively as well. Hes shown the ability to throw those secondary pitches in offensive counts.Glasnow was particularly dominant in June. He strung together 13 consecutive hitless innings during two starts on June 17 and June 22, and he hasnt allowed more than two earned runs in a game at Triple-A since May 12. He leads the International League with 113 strikeouts and allowed few hard-hit balls, ranking fourth by allowing 0.38 home runs per nine innings.The later starts we figured out it was kind of dont go out and try to throw so many strikes, Glasnow said. I got into that and got out of my athleticism and started to try and dot up the zone. With me ... the more aggressive I am, the better I am in the strike zone.Glasnow, a California native, will have plenty of friends and family at the park Thursday, including his parents, brother and cousins.Hes put together a very good volume of work in Triple-A, Hurdle said. Hes continued to grow, understand the skill set that he has and what he needs to do to be successful.Glasnow is No. 6 on ESPNs Keith Laws list of top 50 prospects. Baseball America rated him the No. 14 prospect in baseball going into the season.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.? Cheap Air Max 97 Sale . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Cheap Air Max 97 Uk . The 43-year-old closer, in his 19th and final big league season, has said hed like to play the outfield. Yankees manager Joe Girardi says hes thinking about allowing Rivera to do it this weekend, when the Yankees finish their season with a three-game series at the Houston Astros. http://www.airmax97ukcheap.com/ . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. Air Max 97 Clearance . Anthony Davis had 31 points and 17 rebounds in his seventh straight game with more than 20 points, but that was only enough to keep the Pelicans competitive into the final minutes. Andrew Bogut had 10 points and 15 rebounds for Golden State, which rebounded from a loss a night earlier in Oklahoma City and snapped a two-game skid. Air Max 97 Uk Sale .ca! Hi Kerry, Heres an interesting one. I know its common knowledge that all players are responsible for their sticks. We witnessed that when Zack Kassian hit Edmontons Sam Gagner in the face after a missed check. DAVIE, Fla. -- New dad Ryan Tannehill is ready to take charge and scold when necessary, even in public, because he knows whatever happens reflects on him.As a quarterback, that is.Tannehills 2-week-old son might not need reprimanding yet, but the perennially problematic Miami Dolphins offense does. And at the urging of new coach Adam Gase, Tannehill said hes assuming more of a leadership role.Adam has completely enabled me, Tannehill said. I think I have the credibility now to pretty much demand excellence out of these guys. Thats what Im trying to do.Tannehill made his comments following Tuesdays practice, when the offense tried to redeem itself for a woeful performance in a scrimmage three days earlier. Gase said his quarterback did a good job of reorienting teammates in a positive direction.He came out with a purpose, and was very aggressive as far as chirping a little bit out there, Gase said. I saw some growth there as far as his personality coming out and taking control of the offense.Tannehills not a holler guy by nature, and in the past critics found the easygoing Texan too passive when the Dolphins sputtered, which was often.But with four NFL seasons and 64 starts on his resume, Tannehill acknowledged its time for him to become more assertive.Its part of my role to push the guys around me to be the best they can be, he said. I think thats part of being a leader.Gase has done some nudging. The first-time head coach won praise for his work as an assistant with Peyton Manning, Jay Cutler and Tim Tebow, and was hired because the Dolphins believe hell make Tannehill better.Gase is giving Tannehill more responsibility than hes had in the past, including flexibility with audibles at the line. The coaching staff raves about the way Tannehill has absorbed the new playbook.Weve been unbelievably impressed how much hes picked up, offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen said. It would have drowned aan average man.dddddddddddd.Tannehill and company flunked their first big test, however. In a scrimmage Saturday, the offense managed one first down in eight series and didnt cross midfield.It was a collective failure, and Tannehill let his teammates hear about it.Im not going to get into what I said, but everyone already knew that it wasnt acceptable, he said. We didnt play well anywhere on the offensive side of the ball from top to bottom.Perhaps the return of receiver DeVante Parker will help. The 2015 first-round pick was back at practice Tuesday after being sidelined by a right hamstring injury, rejoining receivers Jarvis Landry and Kenny Stills on the first unit.In the huddle I said, `Man, its nice to have you back, Tannehill said. Hes a good player. He stretches the field for us. You put him on one side, Kenny on the other side, and Jarvis in the middle, and we have three really dynamic playmakers.There are numerous question marks, however, with inexperienced Jay Ajayi the first-team running back, and with top draft pick Laremy Tunsil relegated to the second team at guard even though the starting offensive line has looked only so-so.Perhaps by the time Tannehills son Steel attends his first practice -- Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, Dad said -- some issues will be resolved. The next test will be the opening exhibition game Friday at the New York Giants, with the starters seeing limited action.Im looking forward to taking advantage of every rep we get, Tannehill said, and really just playing fast.If the Dolphins dont, theyll hear about it from their quarterback.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Steven Wine on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Steve-Wine. His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/steven-wine ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 4 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen