Wachen
Archenbewohner
Originalcharaktere
Ratsmitglieder
Der Kanzler

to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. [u

in Tribute 29.04.2019 11:10
von mary123 • 1.530 Beiträge

NEW ORLEANS -- During the New Orleans Saints magical run to the Super Bowl XLIV title in February 2010, Drew Brees saw every day what a Gregg Williams defense could do to an offense. It was a Saints defense Brees faced daily in practice.The stakes on Sunday at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome will be a bit different as the 4-6 Saints attempt to make yet another climb toward .500 against the 4-6 Los Angeles Rams.After climbing to 4-4 and putting themselves back in the NFC playoff picture following an 0-3 start, the Saints have dropped their last two games in large part because of atrocious special teams play.New Orleans lost 25-23 to the Denver Broncos two weeks ago when Wil Lutzs potential game-winning PAT was blocked and returned 84 yards for the winning two points. Then, last week against Carolina, a Lutz field goal was blocked, leading to a late first-half touchdown -- and a 10-point turnaround -- in a 23-20 loss to the Panthers.So when Brees faces Williams defense on Sunday, he knows he will be in for a challenge. Williams, after all, was the architect of a ball-hawking Super Bowl defense in New Orleans that forced 39 turnovers in 2009.It was also the defense that, because of Bountygate, got head coach Sean Payton and Williams suspended for a year. The NFL ruled the Saints defense operated a cash-for-big-hits scheme, which led to Paytons 2012 suspension.Brees knows that the Rams, led by defensive tackle Aaron Donald and inside linebacker Alec Ogletree, are relentless in their pursuit.I know what I see on film, Brees said of the Rams defense that is allowing just 18.7 points per game. I know that the things he has done in the past are part of his scheme. I know that hes a very good defensive coach, and I know hes going to have some things for us that we havent seen. My philosophy going into every game is always to expect the unexpected.Payton called Donald a rare talent. In 10 games, Donald has 31 tackles, five sacks, three passes defended and a forced fumble. Donald has collected 20 sacks since 2014.He might be one of the most talented interior guys there is, Payton said. (Its) just his energy, his motor and his ability, both in the run game and the pass game to be extremely disruptive. (Hes) a guy you have to plan for in both phases. You know hes going to make some plays. You hope to contain him as much as you can.The Saints are averaging 28.5 points per game, and their defense has played more solidly in the last month. But special teams gaffes have been so bad -- the Saints have had three kicks blocked and two others deflected -- that Payton took the unusual step of hiring Kevin ODea, formerly of the Tampa Bay Bucs, as a special teams coaching assistant, working especially with the snapper, holder and kicker.Were looking to fortify the troops, not change them right now, Payton said. (ODea) comes with expertise in developing and training kickers.Rams rookie Jared Goff, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 draft, will make his second NFL start. In the Rams 14-10 loss to Miami last week, Goff completed 17 of 31 passes for 134 yards and ran four times for 11 yards. It will be his first road start.It will be loud, thats about it, Goff said. I think (last weeks start) helped. There were a lot of things I learned, good and bad stuff. ... We still have a chance to make a run here, and its not too late. We can do some special things if we put it together.Rams head coach Jeff Fisher said he realizes his defense will have to continue its stellar play to give Los Angeles a chance.We play hard, were physical, and if you look at the points allowed and things like that, weve been doing a respectable job, Fisher said. But when we have an offense thats struggling, the defense has to do better. And when you lose a 14-10 game and get one turnover and have hands on three balls, you have to catch one of them.Mark Ingram was listed as questionable after going through the NFL concussion protocol last week, but he is likely to play.I think its encouraging with him, and I think Ive said that all along, Payton said.Saints left tackle Terron Armstead is questionable with a knee injury. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Online . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. China NFL Jerseys . Its the second straight game Bell has scored in extra time for Kelowna, which beat the Brandon Wheat Kings 6-5 on Friday, and he now has four game-winning goals on the season. http://www.bestcheapnfljerseys.com/ .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. Nike NFL Jerseys For Sale . Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-foot) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm. PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia 76ers have signed international prospect Dario Saric two years after they acquired his rights on a draft-night deal.Saric was originally drafted by the Orlando Magic with the 12th overall pick of the 2014 NBA draft and he was quickly traded to the Sixers for Elfrid Payton.The 22-year-old Saric, a 6-foot-10, 243-pound power forward, played the past two seasons with the Turkish team Anadolu Efes. He was named MVP of the 2016 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament after averagingg 14 points, 10 rebounds and two assists for his native Croatia.ddddddddddddSaric and fellow 2014 draft pick Joel Embiid have yet to play for the Sixers. Embiid should make his debut after missing the past two seasons with foot injuries.Saric and Embiid join a roster that includes fellow lottery picks Nerlens Noel, Jahlil Okafor and this years No. 1 overall pick, Ben Simmons. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: LavernDinges
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 11 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3476 Themen und 3531 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Userfarben : Admins || Moderatoren || Tribute|| The 100||
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen